Sony Xperia Ace 2 unveiled in Japan, brings 5.5-inch screen and Helio P35 chipset

19 May 2021
Sales in Japan are scheduled to begin on May 28.

Sort by:

  • Anonymous

YUKI93, 19 May 2021That could be a good idea. Heck, maybe Sony can release a P... moreSony will never use dimensity chip.

  • Jj

An oled screen would have been nice

Pika, 19 May 2021Sony should release a Pro/Ultra version with better hardwar... moreThat could be a good idea. Heck, maybe Sony can release a Pro version with Dimensity 820 or higher 5G chipset. That can be sweet.

Subdezii, 19 May 2021This is just a waste of time. We want a flagship to compete... moreThe Xperia 1 Mk3 and 5 Mk3 is already not enough for you?

  • Noor mohammad palani

I love only sony mobile and sony products. But not easy shopping . So I am very sad

  • Subdezii

This is just a waste of time. We want a flagship to compete with 'rivals' and not just a cell phone.

Anonymous, 19 May 2021Less than a 10% people care about Sony smartphones in Japan well... this means that sony will have to feel content enough in this position of being significant for only 10% of the japanese market. after all, somebody has to take care of those 10%, isn't it? yet, i'm finding solace in the certitude that your super-mega-high tech company in your garage will provide the other 90% of the japanese with super-mega-high tech smartphones....

  • hmm

It looks nice but have 3 problems with it. First it has teardrop notch. Second it has a large bezel chin that makes the phone larger. And third it has too low end and too old P35 chip for it. Need something like Dimensity 800 or something Helio G95 to make sense.

Actually it has 4th problem also and thats it's price that is a bit too expensive for the specs. 13+2mp camera in the rear is like something you got phones from 3 years ago and even these were with lower price range

So much for 'priced at $350 or more' eh*? 😏

*https://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-49128p3.php#2312332

  • Pika

Sony should release a Pro/Ultra version with better hardware ( SOC , screen , cameras ,... )

  • Anonymous

Loopjas, 19 May 2021Sharp sense4 looks better on inside 5.8incher screen, sd 7serieswhere to buy it ????

even in china i didn't find sharp devices. except Sharp Tvs

sharp mobile marketing r very very bad

Could've made it with 6 inch display with a bit better chip and a 5000 mah battery to be competitive.

  • Anonymous

Loopjas, 19 May 2021Few of us hoping next ace2 will be snapdragon 480 wd 5.5inc... morethats impossible to be new chipset like 480

if use this
who gonna buy other monsters devices from other manuacturers

i think if they use a chipset from Unisoc like Tiger T7510

then other manufacurers can't complain about it.

  • Robert

Sell an OLED 90hz SD775 with 8gb/256gb microsd headphone jack, 12mp 1.8um, 12mp 1.44um pdaf 3x, and 12mp 1.22um selfie and you would dominate the industry

  • Loopjas

Sharp sense4 looks better on inside 5.8incher screen, sd 7series

  • Bashir

RS333, 19 May 2021I had a picture of Sony being synonymous with 'premium... moreObviously this is a budget, low-end offering within Sony's home country. If you know what budget and low end means, this shouldn't have an impact on their "premium" standing.

IP68 certification is a welcome surprise at this price, though.

  • Anonymous

Anonymous, 19 May 2021With around 64 bucks differences I can buy the R2 compact w... moreWhat's R2 ?!

  • Anonymous

if it was Helio P95 or G95 or Unisoc Tiger T710 + 25W charger

was pretty good

but now it sh...ty device

xiaomi use this chipset 2.5year ago.

  • Loopjas

Few of us hoping next ace2 will be snapdragon 480 wd 5.5inch, 3-4gig ram, wed be very hàppy

Helio P35? No thanks!