Nokia 208

Nokia 208

• Wise gee

David, 11 Mar 2021I owned one!🙂 This was a good phone!🙂I love that phone and I need one of the phone is any for sale

David, 11 Mar 2021I owned one!🙂 This was a good phone!🙂Nokia 208 with S40 os what great easy to use sensible phone,these phone's operating system are so practical and super useful,if you dont want to lug a silly(smart) phone around all day like all the masses,get yourself a good old nokia.

• David

I owned one!🙂 This was a good phone!🙂

• Hamid

How many Sms will come in Nokia 208 / how much sms memory storage of Nokia 208? Plz anyone tell me? I want a large storage of Sms mobile? Any one can tell me about another phone which have large memory storage??

Anonymous, 07 Nov 2020YesJoy im sorry to say the answer is NO,irresponsible big tec america including microsoft decided that over 2 billion well built nokia devices using s40 and s60 operating systems are not suitable for there fancy social media platforms,apart from that your nokia 208 is a very usefull and easy to use feature phone if your not into smart phones.

Joy, 23 Jun 2020Can this phone download whatsappYes

• grant

To Adamboy64, while I,m on a roll with my nookier 208 settings regarding my emails I am wondering how i can set up my incoming email notifications on my home screen mail option, it did work once or twice, a little mail icon half the size of text icon came up top of the screen and in the mail section it lets you know of incoming mail, seems to have stop working, is there a setting I should be doing, apart from that my mail incoming and outgoing has been working fine,i know s40 is getting old but if I can get it going all the better if not no worries mate,cheers mate all the best thanks grant.

• GRANT

grant, 23 Sep 2020To adamboy64 Thanks for the information regarding emails,... moreAdamboy 64,I persevered with it and finely worked it out,so for those people out there who have a Hotmail address and have a nokia s40 device this is how you set up your email,you must put both email address and user name same as your email address pick imap incoming server imap-mail.outlook.com incoming port 993 incoming security ssl outgoing server smtp.outlook.com outgoing port 587 outgoing security tls,for aussie who like the old nokia s40 device your 3g band must have 850 wcdma so if you buy a s40 device from overseas make sure it has 850 band or it will not work in australia,telstra aldi and woollies all use Telstra towers with the 850 band which has good coverage in Australia,telstra will stop all 3g service in 2024 june,thanks all.

• grant

AdamBoy64, 22 Sep 2020Hey Grant, Do you have the 'Mail' app on your ph... moreTo adamboy64
Thanks for the information regarding emails, I tried your imap data and it did not work on my phone, so I googled imap pop Hotmail like you said and entered these sever address they recommended imap-mail.outlook.com ssl port 993 smtp-mail.outlook.com ssl port 587 which got me connected so I now can now access my Hotmail account using my nokia,but I,m having trouble sending emails so does that mean my smtp address and port is wrong in outgoing server,i did access my hotmail address on my pc and activated imap,i noticed that you can,t edit the server address on the phone once there set,anyhow im halfway there it,s nice I can check my email on my phone,cheers thanks grant.

grant, 18 Sep 2020 To the nokia s40 feature fans out there,is there still awa... moreHey Grant,
Do you have the 'Mail' app on your phone? I figure it should be inbuilt - it's third on the main menu list for me (in 'List' view).

You should be able to add your hotmail account by opening that Mail app, and selecting 'Add Account > Other'.

'Mail address' - your full e-mail address.
Select 'Manual Setup'.

Your username will be you full email address.
Ideally use the 'IMAP' server type.

Click 'Next'.

'Incoming mail server' should be outlook.office365.com
Incoming port: 993 (for IMAP), 995 (for POP3)
Select 'SSL', click 'Next'.

'Outgoing mail server' should be smtp.office365.com
'Outgoing port' to 587, and select 'SSL'.

Try those settings.

Outgoing e-mail could be difficult on the mail client; if the above settings don't work,
You could also try set 'Outgoing port' to 25, and selecting 'None' instead of 'SSL'.

(I would post the source link to give credit but it might block this post. I found it by searching for 'POP and IMAP email settings for Hotmail' and it's the first link from microsoft.com. You might find some more details there to help.)

Best of luck..!

• grant

To the nokia s40 feature fans out there,is there still away to access my Hotmail address using my nokia 208 in 2020,i,m using aldi mobile Australia,i used to be able to access my emails with crappy Vodafone not sure with aldi mobile though,or am I pushing you know what up hill!!aldi not that helpful in this department, cheers all.

• Mohsin

I used this mobile for years but now no app is working because it's outdated. It should work at least in the old way but nothing works. However it is a 3g compatible phone but every app give an error message and you couldn't even update that app. It was advertised with it's own store and Xpress browser, both stopped working after some months.

grant, 13 Aug 2020To Adam boy 64,thanks for the info on how to download opera... moreWhatsapp

• grant

AdamBoy64, 10 Mar 2020I won't post the direct link here as the post might not be ... moreTo Adam boy 64,thanks for the info on how to download opera mini on my nokia 208,cheers for that mate, can't stand smart phones, love me good old nokia,also i noticed a few of your post's on rt, i get a lot of my news from rt myself,all the best cheers grant.

• Joy

ABHI, 28 Jul 2014hi can u pls confirm that we can use whats app in nokia 208... moreCan this phone download whatsapp

feature phone 208, 05 Mar 2020can I still install opera mini to my nokia 208 in 2020 if y... moreI won't post the direct link here as the post might not be approved -
From there, search for 'Opera Mini JAR' - and click the top result.

There you can select your Opera Mini version (I use v4.5 which works well).

feature phone 208, 05 Mar 2020can I still install opera mini to my nokia 208 in 2020 if y... moreThe easiest way would be to use the internal browser and head to www.google.com.au.
From there, search for 'Opera Mini JAR' - and click the top result.

If you're having trouble accessing that, you could put this into the internal web browser (by 'Go to Address')-

There you can select your Opera Mini version (I use v4.5 which works well).

• feature phone 208

AdamBoy64, 30 Oct 2019The latest version of Opera Mini still does what I need it ... morecan I still install opera mini to my nokia 208 in 2020 if yes please explain how to do this as I still love this feature phone,many thanks.

Anonymous, 12 Oct 2019easy to use s40 operating system on the well built nokia fe... moreThe latest version of Opera Mini still does what I need it to do. For me, that's mainly checking the weather and the odd internet search.

easy to use s40 operating system on the well built nokia feature hand sets(nokia sold over 1.5 billion phones with the s40 system) does not seem to be compatible in 2019 with the internet anymore,corporate greed wants you to update your hand set every year,with cheaply built phones!! nokia 208 works on 3g 900 and 2100 bands only and in Australia 850 Telstra and aldi band only.