Nokia 3720 classic review: Handle without care
Handle without care
The Nokia 3720 classic is putting on its boots, pulling on its anorak, slinging its rucksack over its shoulder and striding out into the unfriendliest of environments: water, dust, tough ground…you name it, this device promises to shrug it off and keep on going.
After countless Nseries, Eseries, XpressMusic and classic releases and facelifts, Nokia look keen to revisit an almost forgotten niche of users - those who need a tough phone.
Well, the Finns have finally put that right and they seem to have a promising candidate on their hands for those who care less about features and even less about the weather. So, if you're after a handset that can survive the elements, get ready to check out the rugged Nokia 3720.
As a part of the Nokia classic series, the 3720 has a stylish oval design, nice handling, S40 user interface, decent display, FM radio and a 2 megapixel camera. But that's not all. As a ruggedized device, the Nokia 3720 classic has been designed to resist water, dust and to survive some pretty extreme situations.
Here is a list of what the Nokia 3720 classic can do for you and another one of the things that just didn't fit in that sort of tough body.
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 2.2" 16M-color QVGA display of excellent sunlight legibility
- 2 megapixel camera, autofocus and LED flash
- VGA video recording at 15fps
- S40 user interface, 6th edition
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Bluetooth (with A2DP) and microUSB port
- microSD card slot (4 GB supported, 1GB included)
- Rich preinstalled application package
- Ovi Maps and Ovi Share
- IP54 certified - dust and water jets resistant
- Metal screw lock mechanism on the battery cover
- Respectable BL-5CT battery (Li-Ion 1050 mAh)
- A dedicated key to use the camera flash as a flashlight
- No 3G
- No dedicated camera shutter key
- No smart dialing
- No multi-tasking
- No office document viewer
- No lens protection
- Memory card slot under the battery
- No USB cable in the retail box
Well here we are, holding the rugged Nokia 3720 classic in our hands and just itching to submerge it in water or run over it with a car. It's not too often that we get the chance to play with devices from this specialized sector of the mobile market, so we hope you'll share our enthusiasm as we put it through a battery of tests.But we'll come to that eventually.
For now, let's not waste any more time and get straight to it with the design and ergonomics after the jump.
i love a nokia , only brand ph i will ever have but im soooo disappointed that i bought a 3720 ,only a month old & i dropped it from about a metre off the ground and the screen cracked BIG TIME , therefore its now NOT waterproof or dustproof , no...
- 14 Apr 2012
i hate reading reviews, now i dont kn ow thaat to buy
- 05 Jun 2011
Yeah,i also have n 5500 sport,that was great phone,i'm still use it now,with additional rubber cover.nokia 5500 is failed product,expecially in their rubber keypad...I have no doubt that this 3720 will follow the "success" (failure) of 5500...
- 29 Oct 2010