Nokia 4.2

Nokia 4.2

• ?
  • wrw
  • 11 hours ago

I wish nokia would release new phones similar to this one. Doesn't have to be powerfull but efficient and compact.

• k
    • ktaldoxx
    • LDe
    • 08 Jun 2023

OK, here is my take on this phone. I got this phone on march 2019 (it's 4 y/o and still kicking) for an unbelievable price of 15 USD... I'm not joking. It was on sale with a catch, you had to change your provider and stay for 18 months + pay with a credit card... I was paying 25USD for my old plan (30GB+unlimited minutes on phone) and changed to a new plan (100GB + 300 mins on phone) for 20USD in the new company... It was a good deal!
    This phone is a beast, I have dropped it from a pocket 3 times while riding my bike at over 30Km/h... just a few scratches and that's it. I couldn't believe how it survived all that with just a couple of scratches (NOT EVEN IN THE SCREEN!!).
    I had some problems with the velocity in some apps, the problem were the apps... the reddit app is basically a bloatware, facebook is painfully bad programmed, GoPro app is shit, Whatsapp just have too many stickers (and still just slows down when I try to put one LOL)
    No problem with the bluetooth (works at great distances) and no problems so far with the 3.5mm jack and the USB port (problems I had constantly with other phones of other brands).
    I had some overheating issues while using bluetooth and listening music from youtube and traking with an app my heart rate and GPS, I had the phone in a case in the sun at 30°C while riding on my bike in the highway in a long distance trip (+90kms). I just took the phone out of the case and put it in my backpack and worked fine... Yeah... it's a f*cking beast.
    I can't express how much I love this phone.

Tharuka, 16 May 2023It is not mobile phone issue, it´s your network speed issue... moreits not mobile issue, i bought it as a "demo unit". the demo unit limit some function and features like limiting wathing video more than 480p, not able to updates, settings is limited, etc..now i realzied it. the phone only has single imei i couldnt use two simcards too..

• T
        • Tharuka
        • IWS
        • 16 May 2023

Hanif Fikri, 23 Jan 2023why youtube only does support max 480p. there is a bug? tri... moreIt is not mobile phone issue, it´s your network speed issue. Need more network speed to watch 720p or more. Thanks

• Huib
          • S3c
          • 09 Apr 2023

Hanif Fikri, 23 Jan 2023why youtube only does support max 480p. there is a bug? tri... moreYouTube does this when you have low bandwidth. Same thing happens on desktop and laptop computers.

You are probably surfing on 3G, or 4G with bad reception.

why youtube only does support max 480p. there is a bug? tried youtube vanced it shoes 1080p then it instantly go 480p back instant, the 720p and 1080p never showed up

• Cj
              • xtS
              • 01 Jan 2023

NIHAL, 11 Dec 2022Mine got lost for ever yesterday......battery got swollenSame thing happened to me

• N
                • NIHAL
                • vGw
                • 11 Dec 2022

Exhert, 26 Oct 2022My Nokia 4.2 will turn 3 yrs old this December still rockin... moreMine got lost for ever yesterday......battery got swollen

jc, 09 Nov 2022Can you use apps from memory card? I can not. I used to do ... moreYes bro u can use it.
                  Just go to settings and mount sd card as internal🤗🤗

• j
                    • jc
                    • nmN
                    • 09 Nov 2022

Navy23, 29 Sep 2022That's bad idea, using memory card to handle apps. Ev... moreCan you use apps from memory card? I can not. I used to do before android11 update, but it ruined that feature plus scrapped two memory cards. Then I believed. No more memory cards in this phone. HW in this phone is OK, but updates always cause hassle.

My Nokia 4.2 will turn 3 yrs old this December still rockin though. Latest security update was last April. What i like about this phone and the reason i bought it was its compact size.

• G
                        • Gerolamo
                        • BR1
                        • 17 Oct 2022

Please Nokia, produce the heir with similar characteristics and usb-c with fast charge. It is so light and comfortable that using it becomes a pleasure.

Nelson, 29 Sep 2022Not bad, but I wouldnt buy it again. Reasons? 1. Awfully p... moreThat's bad idea, using memory card to handle apps.
                          Even if you buy high class memory cards
                          Class 10, or higher and use it for internal. It would still be slow.

Better don't use cards as internal.

• N
                            • Nelson
                            • LE$
                            • 29 Sep 2022

Not bad, but I wouldnt buy it again. Reasons?
                            1. Awfully poor GPS.
                            2. Bad memory management. This thing of unifying internal memory and microSD has been painful. Sometimes the phone freezes or get very slow when trying to use the apps on the microSD

• I
                              • Invo
                              • S3c
                              • 12 Sep 2022

Had this for 3 years. Very good phone and amazingly cheap at €115 for mine.

The notification LED is fantastic. You always see if you have missed a call or message. No need to constantly unlock the phone to check.

• e
                                • easysalty
                                • Nu6
                                • 04 Sep 2022

This phone is absolutely amazing, it is portable and durable, good network strength, nice design with glass back, I love the sandy pink colour most. I really wish Nokia will adopt this design and dimension with improved camera, battery, storage and resolution for their newest brands instead of the crap they are selling out this days.

• S
                                  • Stefan. ro
                                  • SvB
                                  • 19 Aug 2022

WIZZI, 14 Mar 2022i really love the phone the rear camear is epic. everything... moreExcept for when you drop it in water, the screen gets a green tint.

• W
                                    • WIZZI
                                    • r3a
                                    • 14 Mar 2022

i really love the phone the rear camear is epic. everything about the nokia 4.2 is damm good

• A
                                      • XBA
                                      • 26 Jan 2022

Anonymous, 09 Nov 2021I really like the Nokia 4.2. The size is just right and lik... moreNokia 6.1 and 6.2 ?

• ?
                                        • 0Tu
                                        • 08 Dec 2021

Anonymous, 31 Oct 2021Nokia 4.2 OTG support Yes or noYes.