Nokia E51

Nokia E51

• ann

i l0ve this f0ne!

• Osiris

Osiris, 05 Sep 2010Thank you, now I have to figure out how to remove the casing. :Dthe housing*. My bad. :P

• Osiris

Original_Jamaican, 04 Sep 2010Well the version 400 has a bad bug (at on my E51) where when som... moreThank you, now I have to figure out how to remove the casing. :D

• Original_Jamaican

Osiris, 04 Sep 2010@Original_Jamaican Hi, I have this E51 for 7 months now (SH). I... moreWell the version 400 has a bad bug (at on my E51) where when someone calls you and you press the answer key the entire phone freezes up and the call remains unanswered. It would then automatically restart after about 15-30 seconds or stay frozen at times until you take out the battery. I hated that bug because you never know when it would kick it. It only happened to incoming calls NOT outgoing ones.

another release came out, version 410 which has solved that bug. It hasn't happened again since I upgraded to 410.

My advice to you is if you have no problems at all DON'T upgrade.

I too had a problem with the earpiece speaker where I could hardly hear the person. I first solved the problem by using a damp paper towel to clean the mesh which covers the speakers. Eventually it seemed to have gotten really clog up that not even cleaning helped so I tore the mesh off it and it's as loud as ever. Even in the noisiest of places you can probably hear the person without bucking the volume to the highest.

Take care and keep me posted and let me know how things turn out.

@Original_Jamaican
Hi, I have this E51 for 7 months now (SH). It's a very good phone with one weakness: the voice quality. Can i do something about this? In crowded places I can't hear a damn thing, I have to use the speaker or the handsfree. :)Anyway, the WLAN works like a charm and, overall, I'm a big fan of this model.

Is this "new software release 400.34.011 for Nokia E51" any good? Now I have 210.34.36 (22.04.2008). Should I update?
Thanks in advance,
Osiris

Anonymous, 02 Sep 2010ghjeez! my e51 nokia was stolen,,i real missed it, am nw using n... moreif u want i sell the nokia e51 rm399

i love this phone. is there any application that can help me connect to any WLAN without a WEP/WAP key.

• Lal

I make skype over 3g voice calls in Australia. Great phone.

ghjeez! my e51 nokia was stolen,,i real missed it, am nw using nokia5130epressmusic..but i will buy again e51..i love it

• michelle

tapiwa 'tp', 01 Sep 2010i had a great experience with this phone,will miss it but i hav ... moreyep, e51 fits me

• tapiwa 'tp'

i had a great experience with this phone,will miss it but i hav 2 move on...its not about the latest,its abt wat fits u! Peace.

• R-a-M-u-J

Oh Lord!!!! I am using this phone for almost 3 years now.. (It will be on its 3rd year this coming November)

And all I can say is... This phone is AWESOME!!!!!

Got no problem with it AT ALL!!!

The camera is decent...
The wifi is great...
The phone itself is pretty nice...

I am not a touchphone fan, though I have an iPod (But it's not a phone, ayt?? heheh), so this one is really on my taste...

My mom even want this phone... Though I will be upgrading for a better phone soon, I will always love this phone no matter what... And I guess my mom can have this... hehehehe...

Rate:

10/10

♥♥♥♥

• runes

i used 5230, 5630, e63. Still miss my e51, ill buy e51 again

• shazny

how can i use this phon as the usb dongle in my computer.

its a gr8 phn to have..i m using since sept 08 and stil running briliantly. It works briliantly ön bsnl 3g n it download speed touches 230kbps with average speed 156kbps though it lacks front camera 4 video caling.

• Parimal Shembekar

Simply Gr8t Phone

• Vijay kamal

Very very sexy phone

• hofo

i have this phone 4 2 years
its very nice
i usualy shot this phone but it is very usable yet !!!

• ali khan

this is a very good phone... i love this phone

• sujeet

heyy can anybody tell me how to update its firmware as i hav updated it yesterday on 21-8-2010 by nokia software updater but installed software version is date 20-10-2008
is ther eno any newer version??