Nokia Lumia 2520, 1320 and Asha lineup hands-on: First look
The Nokia Lumia 1520 was the star of the Nokia World show this year, but it certainly isn't the only new device to come out the Finnish company. It was joined on stage by five more piece of hot hardware including the company's first tablet, an affordable phablet and a trio of Asha featurephones. We had the opportunity to spend some quality time with those and we'll now be giving you a short overview on each one
The Nokia Lumia 1320 is a stripped-down version of the Lumia 1520 phablet and sports a slightly of a different design compared to its more premium brother. It's reminiscent of Lumia 620 shape, but proportionally larger. The screen is the same size, but has been downgraded to a 720p resolution. There are other budget cuts, which we've outlined in the list below.
Nokia Lumia 1320 at a glance
- Dimensions: 164.25 x 85.9 x 9.79 mm, weight 220g
- Display: 6" LCD IPS display with 720p resolution, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 245ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400; dual-core Krait 300 at 1.9GHz, Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB RAM
- OS: Windows Phone 8 GDR3
- Camera: 5 MP auto-focus camera with image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash, PureView technology
- Video camera: 1080p @ 30fps video capture with main camera, VGA with second camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0, HDMI with UHD video out, full-size USB 3.0 port on dock
- Storage: 8GB built-in, microSD card slot with support of up to 64GB, 7GB SkyDrive cloud storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with LE, Micro-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11(2.4GHz b/g/n)
- Battery: 3400 mAh with built-in wireless charging (Qi compatible)
Nokia Lumia 1320 live photos
And here's Nokia's debut in the tablet market - the 10.1" Lumia 2520 tablet running on Windows 8.1 RT. Its design is reminiscent of the Lumia smartphones and its set of connectivity features is up there with the best on the market. Nokia has also invested hard work in its camera, which is cool. Here are the rest of the main features.
Nokia Lumia 2520 at a glance
- Dimensions: 267 x 168 x 8.9 mm, 615g
- Display: 10.1" AH-IPS LCD with 1080p resolution, Gorilla Glass 2 for protection, 224ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800; quad-core Krait 400 at 2.2GHz, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB RAM
- OS: Windows 8.1 RT
- Camera: 6.7MP with auto focus ZEISS optics, f/1.9 aperture, 2MP HD wide-angle front-facing camera
- Video camera: 1080p @ 30fps main, 720p secondary
- Connectivity: voice call support, quad-band 2G, penta-band 3G, LTE: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, 20; Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, microUSB 3.0
- Storage: 32GB built in, expandable with microSD card slot up to 32GB
- Battery: 8,000mAh
- Misc: Stereo front facing speakers
Those are what the two Lumias look like on paper, but now it's time to check how they behave in real life. We're going to start with the Lumia 1320 hands-on right after the break and the follow with the Lumia 2520 and the Asha trio on the next pages.
Lol Nokia did so many things wrong
- 12 May 2020
I am using this Phablet and I am fully satisfied with this phon's performance.....Love 1320..
- 08 Feb 2015
- MUHAMMAD rashid
Why nokia asha 501 is not supporting 3&4g network? its very sorrowful.is there any chance to t 3g&4g networks .
- 26 Apr 2014