Nokia N73

Nokia N73

I hate this phone. I was a Nokia fan, and really liked my last 6230, but upgraded with my contract to this N73 which has been an enormous head ache. There are so many serious problems with this phone but the most obvious, dangerous and expensive is the fact that it will not lock - it is very difficult to turn the key pad lock on which means that my first phone bill for this phone was 200% higher than expected because it had been phoning people continuously from my handbag. I am obviously furious. To turn the keypad lock on is a delicate proceedure which is really hard to manage on a constant basis. There are too many buttons on this phone and they are just confusing. The simplicity of the old Nokia 6230 was fantastic. I am now in phone hell and paying through my teeth for service I dont even want (wasted phone calls in my purse). Nokia is a most irresponsible company to sell this to people with busy lives without the time to figure out 10 extra new buttons. Also - unlike my old phone this phone will not trade phone numbers with my mac. I have learnt to expect this from a phone and cannot believe I cannot back up my numbers now. Also taking pictures is also quite difficult. Too complex. Do the designers think we have all day to figure this out? What a pathetic piece of phone they have sold me - I will never forgive them and hope to sell this phone as soon as I find some time.

• LiviuS

Nokia N73 Music Edition

• Bijan

hi.i have a question.plz plz a person give my answer. i want to understand that this phone has the same features that was in 6270? my purpose is :in 6270,when i have a call,the phone ring in low valume for 3second( that i think is very much time) & then valume suddenly increase in max.this condition is not in the "INCREASING VALUME".i want my phone ring imidiatly.thanqqqqqqq

• jon (singapore)

Lahiru

i agree with u 100 %

• SeDuTeR

i already installed themes to my memory card n yet i still can uninstalled the themes.. How?

• Lahiru (France)

To Aj

Difference between QVga & Cif

QVga 320*240
Cif 352*288

Nokia N73 can't record voice more than one minute...why??????Does anyone know how to do so(if any)?

• Ethan

FIRMWARE? can i download from internet or go to upgrade from nokia centre, but AP's phone
can go to nokia's service centre?

• bill & galli

guys, i just wanted to ask that is the sound quality of N 73 great like nokia 6233?

• sheepori

N73 has the recorder in the office. But is the record time only available for 1 min ?
I try to store it in the memory card. but still the same, 1 minutes. Even 6280 can use the recorder for 1 hour. Can anybody tell me how to extend the recorder time for N73 ?
Thanks.

The reason your not getting SMS is due to a setting that needs changing, nothing wrong with the phone itself.

• Jon Man

Any one know how to set up gmail on the phone using POP3? I can send emails but i can't rec. emails. My carrier is Optus.
HELP!!!
I've managed to receive emails once, i didnt alter the settings and not it wont receive.

• aj

ei...whats the difference between (qvga)video&(cif)video..hope you can help me out..God bless!!

• regret

Listen! Nokia just released N73-DVD version with WIFI, DVD recording quality, 4 Megapixel camera. So long to N73 and N73 ME.

You can check it out at www.ihaveregret.com

• Rick

What i mean is on the top got two speaker and center got on/off button.My top left side is not working is it normal?Pls heip me.

Thanks in advanced

• tootsie roll

I got tempted buying this phone about 2 months ago. with all the hanging, unable to receive sms while in 3g mode and the slow response i updated it. you think the problem was solved. guessed it right the fone still sucks. i used to have the k750 and it was awesome. i should have opted for k800i.

thanks nokia for giving us this crappy phone..

• dahool00

used n73me for 1 week.
so far so good.

but, phone call drop twice for no reason. the signal was good, hope that it was the other party's signal line is poor.

warning!!! - do not save themes on your memory card as it cannot be removed using the normal way. best is save theme in your phone memory where it can be uninstall using the application manager.

• gazza

this phone is very good to start with but then you realise what it is really like, after 3 weeks of having it the middle button fell off and now everytime i send a message the phone freezes, also every other time i try to access the gallery it freezes,i wouldnt but a nokia phone again

• jagtar

TO Appy
N73 is N73....there is no comparison between n73 and SE k800. I have N73 and SE K750...M using n73 from 3 months and k750 I got this week, after using the n73 I dont even touch k750.
N73 also dont have wifi.
n73 has some software problems ,but after upgrading it it has no prob. U deside wht u want