Nokia N91

Nokia N91

• marh_1

Hi

I hit the *#0000# on my N91-5 and got
1.10.30 as the version number. Could it be that the N91-1 went out first with the older SW 1.00.28 and the N91-5 has the later sw? It seems all people have to do is get the latest 1.10 software for their N91-1 like some people have already done.

marh

• Ismail

Hi Eyery1,
its just been 10 days i am using this phone and according to me it's seriously got a problem of freezing up atleast every 4 to 5 hours... the music quality on a ear phone is cool and rest alll options are ok .. but the freezing part really sucks ...

• Amit

N91-1 is 7205USD & N91-5 is 600USD. Why would any1 buy the N91-1???

• aditya

the main reason for da launch o n91 -5 is b coz o n-80 people r not buying it cause both hav w lan

• Amit

Pappy- Which one should I go for??? I am in India...The N91-5 costs me 600(USD) & the N91-1 costs 725USD. My bro has a N91-1 & it has no problems except at times it is slow. Please assist...Anyone else who is expert as well pls comment

• mangesh

hi nokia n-91,n91-1,n91-5 user. three edition of n91,great,there is no difference between n91 and n91-5,everything is same,but there is a so much difference in n-91-5. r u observing that first two edition has much slower and they have a software problem instead of that n91-5 is much better than of those,becauze it doesent support wifi-wlan,thats why it is more faster than first two and having a miner problem with sofrware. i think nokia has decided to go with n91-5 edition,becauze they doesent got a good reply from those edition. nokia u have to improve ue self by day by day,thanks

• Pappy

Im posting this using my n91 using the browser over wlan in a pub:) the video problem may be due to videos that are sampled too high and are choking the real player. Check the faq link i posted a while back. As for the record time- 1 hour is the limit in software it seems. Then you need to start another video recording file if you want longer than that. I have taken a 50 min video no problem and plenty of battery left. Pappy

hi i just wanna know if how many mins u could record a video in this n91 ?thanks!!!

• J

What is the max. video play time?
I have transferred mp4 movies to my n91, but it only plays for a little over 14 mins.
Actually, the problem is not from the phone itself, but from the installed Nokia software.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions? Thanks,...

Othe then that, this is an awesome phone.

• pappy

Latest Firmware should be available at your Nokia service centres - example for UK use this link (I used this)

You know I did not have alot of problems with 1.00.28 however some people who installed some files (which ofcourse you are SUPPOSED to be able to do with an open O/S like Symbian) had some issues like 'freezing" etc.

I suggest people back up their HardDrives, reformat them, restore factory settings (or they can do it) - start claen and get the latest software 1.10.30 (the guy told me about a 1.11 for france - I assured him I am NOT French).

So far no crashes!

pappy

• CJ

I bought this phone 2 weeks ago, and ever since I've experienced problems. Problems such as while i am trying to make a call suddenly the phone just freezes and then i have to turn it on an off again. I have to do like this atleast twice a day. It may look nice but I really think there are other phones out there better than this one.

• cris

i really like this phone its so manly!!

• kurtercy

guys where can i get latest firware mine is v 1.00.028.14

• pappy

N91-5 and N91-1, N91

There are three models.

N91-1: WCDMA and WLAN
N91-5: GSM no WLAN
N91: GSM no WLAN

Talk of N91-1 being unstable, stopped production is BS. I have the n91-1 (with the new firmware I just got upgraded 1.10.30 :)
its WLAN and 3G

N91-5 Has no WLAN and no GSM. Its because its CHEAPER. No WLAN or WCDMA chaips,less royalties etc. Its for people who do not care about WLAN and WCDMA.

N91. This one is a bit odd it is in China only. It may be that 3G and WLAN are not allowed in China in hand held devices yet - and its cheaper

So there ya go. Pick the one that suits yoru budget (if its avail where you live, thee are no GSM versions in the UK)

pappy

PS: About FM radio - yes it directly to the device as long as you have heaphones attached (antenna)

• khan

OH ma GOd wht the mobile is this i canr believe it,i'll be buyin it im in Pakistan

• Niranjan

Hello GUYZ,
i have few queries pertaining to nokia N91.
1.Does it recoeds radio broadcasts directly into the deice itsel?
2.I heard there r 2 models of N91:-N91 and N91-5?which is better n why?
3.Doesnt n91-5 have 3G n Wi-Fi?
please answer these guyz

• NOKIA SOUTHERN HRMIS

people the n91 is a very good phone with the most advance technology in the in the market but but but.... rember that a phone that has 4gigabyte of memory with a 2 megapix camera and surrporting 3g networks just know that its going to be the slowest phone u can find 2day but its a goooood phone fir music and media luvers

lebo
nokia southern hemisphere

• aditya

hi
i own a nokia n 91 -1 ie with w-lan the company has launched n91 -5 without wifi/wlan n91-1 is not stable this is what the company officals says .and the new handset is more stable and has a better firmware ...they hav stopped the production of n91-1 with wifi ....wtf?????

• grimlock

hey I just buy a n91-1 for me its an incredible phone anyway I wanted to buy one for my sister so y went to the store and buy one but what do you now it was an n91-5 yes its suposed to be better but it doesnt have wi fi it kind of weird because its the same phone anyway I finnish buying for my sister the n80 only for the wifi so my question is why mi n91-1 has wifi and the other n91-5 doesnt it doesnt make any sense...

• N91

To all that Moan about Battery Life Buy some Spare Batterys on that Bidding Web Site Thing I Have 5.... 2 from old phones but used the same Battery. I keep 1 with me all the time three at home charged so there we go No Probs