OnePlus 8 5G (T-Mobile)

OnePlus 8 5G (T-Mobile)

Jason, 13 May 2021I just switched to T-Mobile's vaunted 5G network with ... moretmobile is dumping sprint customers on tmobile towers as fast as they can stressing capacity, they want to tear down the sprint towers and move the frequencies to their 5g towers

• Hello

Davit Hakobyan, 19 Jun 2021Can I use OnePlus 8 T-Mobile version with 4G sim card and 4... moreYes you can

Can I use OnePlus 8 T-Mobile version with 4G sim card and 4G network.

• Jason

I just switched to T-Mobile's vaunted 5G network with my upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G phone from my previous Galaxy S10+ (4G).

The 5G network performance so far is utterly abysmal! It was much faster, more reliable, stable and consistent with 4G than 5G. It takes FOREVER to load a website or open a document online with 5G. The performance is up and down and all over the map. It automatically switches between 5G and 4G throughout the day when the 5G signal becomes so weak it can't even be picked up by the phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G phone itself is fabulous ... no complaints there (except for Samsung moving the up/down sound control to the right side of the phone just above the on/off button. The on/off button was moved down to middle of the phone, which is NOT an ergonomic placement. But overall the S21 Ultra is great.

It is T-Mobile's 5G network that absolutely stinks to high heaven!!!!

Using the 5G network as a high-speed hotspot for my notebook is a joke ... a couple of times yesterday my fabulous notebook (LG Gram 17) told me that the network connection was unstable! I never had my notebook tell me that with the 4G hotspot!

T-Mobile ... you've got a lot of work ahead if you want actual, real-world users of your vaunted 5G network to sign your praises. My experience with T-Mobile's 5G makes me regret moving to it!!!!

• Carlos

Tom, 15 Jul 2020Wireless charging is not useless! The excessive wear of plu... moreHow lazy can you get. I sad three samsung wireless pads crap out on me.

Dennis.K, 15 Jul 2020Mum I don't think plugging and unplugging your phone c... moreWireless charging is a life saver in some instances. I work in the food industry and my charging port has been covered with a flour/cornmeal type mixture and I can't charge (except slow charging) unless using the charging pad ave wirelessly charging it

joe nodden, 05 Jan 2021I'd say one in ten things I post get deleted.that sucks

AnonD-973296, 05 Jan 2021how often does that happen to uI'd say one in ten things I post get deleted.

[deleted post]how often does that happen to u

[deleted post]nah im just a guy who comes here for tech news, what about u?

joe nodden, 27 Jul 2020Your fault for getting a terrible non USB C equipped phone.... moremate this has USB-C, u do realize that right?

• gison

joe nodden, 27 Jul 2020Your fault for getting a terrible non USB C equipped phone.... moredude, this is type c charge phone. WHAT are you talking about ?

• Uhhhh

Itz vikky G, 07 May 2020Low storage option,no wireless charging i will rather stick... moreThe pro doesn't have wireless charging so, that makes no sense.

• Axon7fold

I just purchased this phone that was only 5weeks old and in pristine condition for $400.00 and I think it's a very fast and smooth phone with a sweet display and really good cameras..I've read reviews that nitpick by comparing to the pro model..but there really isn't too many major differences other than wireless charging and refresh rate..for $400 I'll live with that anytime

Mitul, 21 Jul 2020Actually wireless charging is required. I have redmi note... moreYour fault for getting a terrible non USB C equipped phone. My LG V30 is still going strong in terms of charging after almost 2 and a half years. The original cable lasted me until a couple weeks ago when I destroyed it too much for it to make sense to keep using.

Wireless charging is a useless gimmick. Slower and impractical. Never use it on my phone. And don't even begin to bring up the battery wear because my V30 has literally only lost a single percent of its total battery capacity in the years that I've had it. Lasts ages on 2 percent.

• Frank

Tom, 15 Jul 2020Wireless charging is not useless! The excessive wear of plu... moreLol, and how many name brands have failed on the usb? in the past 20y i had none.

• Mitul

Dennis.K, 15 Jul 2020Mum I don't think plugging and unplugging your phone c... moreActually wireless charging is required.
I have redmi note 4 and after 2 years its too hard for it to charge, the micro usb has to be inserted just right for it to charge and one touch and it stops charging so need to reinsert.

Tom, 15 Jul 2020Wireless charging is not useless! The excessive wear of plu... moreMum I don't think plugging and unplugging your phone can cause your charger to fail, we do it everyday,

1. You need a wire for "wireless" charging

2. It's inconvenient not being able to use it whil charging on a pad

3. It's slower than wired charging

4. You can't transfer any files between another device whilst charging

So I can't really be convinced that I need it

• Tom

Dennis.K, 08 May 2020Both have the same storage options and it's not the end of ... moreWireless charging is not useless! The excessive wear of plugging and unplugging the USB-C connections, including headphones now, can cause wired charging failures. Using Wireless means I save the USB-C connector!

Wireless charging is great. I can just lift the phone and go, no unplugging. Just lay it down or pick it up!

• Sampriti

Smart good looking I phone8 5GT-Mobile.