OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)

OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)

• meldan

I have had 2 previous models of Oneplus phones, but they were unlocked and directly purchased from OnePlus. Verizon has successfully figured out how to turn a good phone to complete crap. Buggy.. so buggy. Random configurations revert without doing it. Visual voicemail fails and wont come back. phone unlocks during phone calls and I end up hanging up with my cheek. data latency or no data flow with a 4 to 5 bar 5g signal. And verizon has the service staff of a pack of parasites. I cannot wait to switch back to ATT and get a new phone.

The Verizon one plus 8 5g uw sucks. The be operating system is not as user-friendly as the s10+ . The phone sucks balls, routinely mis spells shit I hit the s button typing and d will pop up . Can't turn off an alarm or answer a call unless you unlock the phone. It's a pain in the ass. I payed a lot for this phone for all these problems. What. Waist of money I'm down gradeing to the s10+ again. Will never get another one plus their junk

Kara Murat, 17 Jun 2020wireless charging is just a marqueting argument for fools l... morePeriods and, commas, make a hell of a difference i what you're trying to say

• Ac1963

Steve, 21 Jun 2020Just got it 2 days ago. Saw some reviews prior that shared... moreWhat did you do to get yours working properly?

Thanks
Al

• Mqmorasch

Anonymous, 07 May 2020I heard the cameras suck as in like they're not even averag... moreThat is nonsense, go to phone arena for true comparison. I have a 7t also BTW

• Mr. Smalls

The phone design is great, but Verizon is horrible at issuing updates. Never buy a carrier modified phone, always get unlocked so you can get manufacturer updates, not the carrier bloatware delayed updates. I've had this phone since May 2020, and I've gotten two updates in 5 months. There's basically no voicemail notifications, you have to go into the app to see if you have a voicemail. Certain apps are 'incompatible' such as Oneplus apps, which I find mind boggling. Verizon is dropping the ball on this.

• Fat Murican

Kent, 22 Sep 2020Hey this sounds like it might be a manufacturer issue. I�... moreYou may want to get the model number of the device you're buying and make sure its unlocked, Also you would have to look under specs to se what Bands and type of networks it supports and then match them with your (European Provider )

• Kent

Anonymous, 09 Jun 2020I really liked my OnePlus 8 5g UW over my previous Samsung ... moreHey this sounds like it might be a manufacturer issue. I'm an incredibly heavy user and my phone runs cool. Maybe contact OnePlus themselves if you're still experiencing overheating issues and they may do something for ya.

• ZTE

Guys, i was wondering if foreign sims(European sims) work with the phone. I have the option of buying it here in europe but i have no idea if EU sims work

• Dude

Kara Murat, 17 Jun 2020wireless charging is just a marqueting argument for fools l... moreDon't be afraid of punctuation

• Adam

Kara Murat, 17 Jun 2020wireless charging is just a marqueting argument for fools l... moreThe eyes can absolutely tell a difference between 60hz and 90hz (especially 120hz and 144hz, but that's not relevant here)... try holding a phone with each respective refresh rate in each hand and switching back and forth. The difference is night and day, and if you use your phone for long periods you'll definitely experience a lot less eye strain. I replaced all my 60hz computer monitors with 144hz and 90hz ones after I tried them out and I can never go back.

• Mike

I purchased the latest twin sum Oneplus 8 256G with 12G RAM .
Its my 3rd Oneplus.
I'm so DISAPPOINTED . The phone you buy cannot operate with 2 sim cards . Their after sales confirm that on the Oneplus 8 the operation of a second sim card is awaiting a software upgrade. Globally.
This is misrepresentation at its worst . I am sending my device back to Oneplus and will never ever purchase this brand again.

• Steve

Just got it 2 days ago.
Saw some reviews prior that shared activation and text problems.
Experienced both however both were Verizon side issues not the phone itself. Was able to correct on my own as dealing with Verizon team was abysmal.
So far no other issues to report.
Very comparable to Samsung S20 UW.
We expect perfection out of the box but realistically not going to happen. Worked through the issues and all good.

wireless charging is just a marqueting argument for fools like 4K or quad hd screens while full HD is enough and few people see the difference on a smartphone screen more it is the same for the 2020 trend high refresh screens like 90 or 120 hertz it's pure marketing to the eyes to sell because it is at the expense of battery life current screen technology consumes too much so it's not yet an advantage can -being with the Samsung note 20 which will have a new screen technology which will consume less with refresh rates and it will be interesting

Itz vikky G, 06 May 2020No wireless charging Quad camera no oneplus we are in 2020 ... moreno for me wireless charging damages the battery and it has been proven lately Oppo admitted that wireless charging damages batteries faster than wired charging so no thanks I prefer to keep my phone longer without changing the battery at after a year

I really liked my OnePlus 8 5g UW over my previous Samsung 8+ until today. I live in FL and was outside for 15 minutes (with a breeze) and it told me it was overheating...um... I live in FL! Unfortunately, it's past the 14 day return policy otherwise I would ask for my Samsung back :(

Anonymous, 05 May 2020Does the 20 gram less weight really make it worthy of uw title?I got one , it's ok . Has a weird bug where the data will half stop working and the Google discover page gets super laggy . I miss my pixel .

Anonymous, 06 May 2020I am planning to buy one plus 8 as a good budget 5g smartphone Me too

• SeratogaTrantridge

Anonymous, 07 May 2020I heard the cameras suck as in like they're not even averag... moreYeah they kinda suck, it's last year's 7T without a telephoto.

Roberto, 06 May 2020I got my OnePlus 8 and am very happy with it!I heard the cameras suck as in like they're not even average but below-average what say you?