OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro get Android 12 Developer Preview 2
As is usually the case with Android OS Developer Previews, the second iteration of Android 12's beta version is mostly about ironing out some issues. That doesn't mean there aren't a couple of new features, though, the changelog is pretty extensive for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
One of the most notable changes are the improved auto-brightness behavior, improved zoom with the camera and there are a couple of recognized issues OnePlus' developer team is currently working on.
- Optimized the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized the mistouch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches
- Added widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions
- Optimized the page layout and the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
Convenience & efficiency
- Added swiftly switch floated windows, make operation more convenient
- Optimized the frame rate performance under heavy-used scenes
- Added the feature that supported customize the display order of camera mode
- Optimized the zoom experience, make it zoom more smoothly
- Added the form of chart to display battery usage
- Newly supported pre-loading the apps that frequently used, to switch them on quickly
- Improved the response speed of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC
- The Camera does not support Xpan, and contains some stability issues
- This version does not support scrolling screenshot
- The icon of Bluetooth connection displays abnormally
- The icon of charging displays abnormally
- The Cloud Service is unavailable (India)
- The Camera app does not contain Hasselblad elements
- This version does not adapt some third-party apps
- The included Google Phone app does not feature call record functionality. This can be solved by updating the app in Play Store.
- Three-finger swipe down gesture or three-finger long-press gesture after using the screen recorder. This can be overcome by pressing Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously instead to screenshot.
It looks like this might be the last major update before OnePlus' current flagships get the final version of the software next month, hopefully.
Looks better than iOS lmao
- 29 Sep 2021
"Added nasty, cheap looking multicoloured notification icons" Pass.
- 29 Sep 2021