OnePlus 9R gets Bitmoji AOD and July 2021 security patch with OxygenOS 22.214.171.124
OnePlus just released the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update for the OnePlus 9R that bumps up the Android security patch level on the smartphone to July 2021 and updates the GMS package to June 2021.
Additionally, the new firmware optimizes the overheating control management of third-party apps and brings the Bitmoji AOD feature to the 9R, which can be enabled from the smartphone's Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display > Bitmoji menu. You can check out the full changelog of the update below.
- Optimized the overheating control management of third-party apps.
- Optimized the experience of Quick Reply in some scenarios.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.07.
- Updated GMS package to 2021.06.
- Fixed known issue.
- Ambient Display
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD.
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you.
OnePlus says OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is rolling to a small percentage of users right now, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days.
The overheating on third party seems to be the controversy they had month ago that benchmarking on web browser showed it slower than other phones.
- 30 Jul 2021
Hm, shouldn't GMS services be updatable through GooglePlay itself and not require their inclusion in the dedicated OS update?
- 29 Jul 2021