OxygenOS 11 Beta 2 now rolling out for OnePlus 7 and 7T series, AOD enabled only on Pro phones
On Saturday last week OnePlus pushed out the last Android 10-based update for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series. The last because the next stable release will bring Android 11. We don’t know when it’s coming yet, though the beta testing process is progressing quickly.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 comes two weeks after Beta 1. There are a number of optimizations and improvements (full changelog below), but perhaps the most-anticipated feature is the Always-On Display – this is available only on the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Pro, the vanilla OnePlus 7 and 7T .
AOD can be found in the OnePlus Laboratory menu and, as the company notes, it will increase the standby power consumption. It’s too early to ask by how much as upcoming builds will reduce battery usage.
- Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
- Improved power consumption in some scenarios
- Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
- Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
- Fixed the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
- Fixed the issue that 'Tips & Support' is not displayed in the Settings
- Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode
- Ambient Display
- Newly supported Always-on ambient display feature (Only OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro) (Go to: Settings - Utilities - OnePlus Laboratory - Always-on ambient display)
As usual, a full back-up is recommended before installing this update (especially if you’re currently running the stable build of OxygenOS 10). Follow the Source links for more details or pay a visit to XDA-Developers, which has download links if you want to manually install Beta 2.
What Notes app were you using? If it was "Google Keep", should be backed up. Else going forward, use Google Keep.
- 01 Mar 2021
I have lost all my data after open beta 2 update. I am so fullish. Now some data was backup in google and some are not. Now the problem is i have some notes in notes app but it is not showing in my phone. Please do something or suggest. Please
- 17 Feb 2021
I am writing as i have used xiaomi devices i know they are good. I moved from xiaomi to oneplus and i'd say it's way more better then xiaomi devices.
- 09 Feb 2021