Realme 6 Pro hands-on review
So if the Realme 6 is the new Pro, then what about the 6 Pro? Well, judging by the pricing, which starts at INR 16,999 in India, it should replace or at least offer an alternative to the Realme X2, which is currently selling for the exact same price. And you may think that the Realme X2 is the more sensible solution but there are a lot more things to consider here because, just like the vanilla Realme 6, the Pro model offers great value and a wide set of features that allow it to punch slightly above its class.
If you are eyeing the Realme 6-series, which one is for you? If you are looking for a bigger screen, more powerful SoC and the full set of focal lengths (wide, ultra-wide and telephoto), perhaps you'd have to pay a little extra and opt for the Realme 6 Pro.
Realme 6 Pro specs
- Body: 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm, 202g; Gorilla Glass 5 on the front, glass back, plastic frame
- Screen: 6.6" IPS LCD, FHD+ (1080 x 2400px) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 399 ppi
- Camera: Primary: 64MP Quad-Bayer, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8Ám pixel size, 1/1.72" sensor size; Ultra-wide: 8MP, f/2.3 aperture, 1.12Ám pixel size, 1/4" sensor size; Telephoto: 12MP, f/2.5, 1.0Ám pixel size, 1/3.4" sensor size, 2x optical zoom; Macro: 2MP f/2.4, 1.75Ám pixel size, 1/5" sensor size
- Front camera: Primary: 16MP f/2.1 aperture
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (8 nm): Octa-core (2x2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver) CPU, Adreno 618 GPU
- Memory: 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB, expandable via microSD card
- OS: Android 10, Realme UI.
- Battery: 4,300 mAh, 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE; Dual SIM; Dual-band Wi-Fi, Buetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C 2.0
- Misc:Side-mounted fingerprint reader
While the Realme 6 stops at macro, the Pro swaps the depth sensor for a proper telephoto lens covering all bases - wide, ultra-wide, telephoto, and macro. In fact, this is one of the few devices having this particular selection of cameras, even when we consider higher-end handsets.
Additionally, the device brings the trendy high-refresh rate feature to the masses and by doing so, it's also giving you a large-sized 6.6-inch display for a better multimedia experience. Which might be obstructed by the dual punch-hole design as it houses a standard wide-angle cam and an ultra wide-angle lens if you are deep in the selfie game.Realme 6 (left) and Realme 6 Pro (right)
The main differentiating factors of the two phones are the camera and screen size, so it's really up to you to decide if the price difference is worth it. Here are our initial thoughts to help you decide until we release the full review.
Hi Gsmarena Team, I'm Michael from India here I have got confused a little in Realme 6 Pro review. You've given more than 283789 to 6 Pro on Antutu 8 when you've given Pro hand on review while reviewing out Realme 6 you have lowered Pro's Antutu 8 ...
- 02 Apr 2020
why no nfc?
- 29 Mar 2020
camera setup looks better than Redmi Note 9 Pro
- 28 Mar 2020