Realme X2 Pro

Realme X2 Pro

asj, 25 Jul 2021It looks like Realme pushed the last update just to kill th... moreAfter few days of light use, I must admit, I am truly impressed with my Realme X2 Pro. The things I like:

1) Flagship grade high quality craftsmanship, premium glass aluminum build. The ceramic white back glass looks stunning with sand-blasted aluminum frame.

2) Sturdy build with aluminum frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front a rear. Even the vertically stacked quad-lens camera setup at the back is protected by a even harder sapphire glass and is placed inside an aluminum alloy rear camera frame. Unheard in this price range.

3) More square-ish design which I personally prefer more in the sea of ever so rounded cornered phones.

4) Updated to latest Realme 2.0 UI over Android 11 with July,2021 security patch. Clean UI experience, however you need to know how to setup this phone, all ads if any can be avoided. Will receive bi-monthly security patches from here on till Sep, 2022.

5) Awesome Samsung E3 AMOLED display, very bright, 90 Hz refresh rate with DC Dimming. Widevine L1 support so Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar will run in full-HD.

6) Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC paired with 12 GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256 GB of UFS 3.0 storage. There is not any app I can find that can even stress this powerhouse. UI @ 90Hz is liquid smooth.

7) Realme got the basics right with X2 Pro. Great call quality & reception. The flagship grade 4X4 MIMO antenna helps a lot and the calls are loud and clear.

8) The main rear camera is a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1 sensor which takes very good pictures and shoots quality videos. Of-course the OnePlus 7T is slightly better in terms of picture quality but then it is significantly higher priced. And the X2 Pro selfie shooter seems to be even better than the 7T. All in all very satisfied with the camera performance for the price I paid as the pictures are definitely better than Realme X50 Pro and iQOO 3 available for same price with much lower memory configurations.

9) Great sounding stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, one of the loudest. Right up there with by Meizu 16th & LG G8X. Very good stereo multimedia experience.

10) Flagships with 3.5 audio jack are rarity these days. In India, only Realme X2 Pro, Asus ROG Phone II & Nubia Redmagic 3S came adorned with an audio jack while sporting Snapdragon 855+ at the helm. Sound quality in OK, not on the level of my Meizu 16th leave alone a LG G8X or a Vivo NEX. But still at-least I can plug in a wired headphone and avoid those crappy low quality TWS. Wired audio is still the king when it comes to audio quality.

11) On charging speeds, this phone is a rocket. 0 to 100% in 30 mins flat. The phone heats up considerably with the supplied 50 watts (10V, 5A) SuperVOOC charger. The phone have a 4,000 mAh total battery capacity with dual 2000 mAh battery setup each getting a 25 watts peak input for charging. I am not a worshiper of fast charging and no mater what gizmo tech you use, lithium ion batteries do not like to charge fast and as a result looses longevity & capacity. So I use a simple 10 watts (5V, 2A) charger which results in meager 5 watts per 2000 mAh battery. Still with just 10 watts power the phone charges from 25% to 80% in just an hour. Enough for my needs.

12) With the meager INR 22.85K ($313, 264 euros) I paid on Amazon for the top-of-the-line 12/256 GB memory configuration just no complaints. And this price for a brand new unit after discounts without exchange. I rate this phone even higher than my iQOO 3 and my friends Realme X50 Pro. I have used all three and this phone is a true OnePlus 7T killer of its day. Even in 2021 this phone is a great buy.

some random dude, 07 Dec 2020I think updates would improve battery life and also try not... morePhew!!! Yesterday received my Realme X2 Pro and had to perform almost 11 GB of software updates. This phone was launched way back on 20th Nov, 2019 in India. The 12/256 GB memory configuration was launched at a very aggressive price of just INR 34K ($462, 392 euros) and went up to INR 36K after initial launch period.

Mind you Oppo first designed the Reno Ace, and then the same phone was used by its sub-brands as Realme X2 Pro and Oneplus 7T with minor changes in hardware specifications according to market needs. I never expected the price of X2 Pro with 12 GB RAM to go below INR 30K, but fortunately two years down the line the same phone was selling for INR 22.85K ($313, 264 euros) on Amazon, brand new after discounts without exchange. I picked one at a heartbeat.

I am impressed with the phone, its looks, build quality & craftsmanship. It is of Oneplus level eyes closed with an in-hand feel near identical to 7T. Realme X2 Pro is widely regarded as the best phone to adorn Realme tag and I can confirm after using my friend's Realme X50 Pro for few days. I hate X50 Pro's dual punch-hole display and lack of audio jack and the phone feels very stubby just like my iQOO 3. But then iQOO 3 & X50 Pro are the same phone under BBK Electronics. My X2 Pro belongs to Nov, 2019 production batch, so have been sleeping for almost 2 years now.

Below are the phone details:

Name: Realme X2 Pro
Model: RMX1931
Memory Configuration: 12/256 GB
Color: Lunar White

The phone came factory installed with below software version:

ColorOS Version: V6.1
Android Version: 9
Android Security Patch: 5th Nov, 2019
Build Number: RMX1931EX_11_A.06

In 1st OTA update received 3 months of security patches and some additional features. After update:

Size: 644 MB

Realme UI Version: V1.0
Android Version: 10
Android Security Patch: 5th Apr, 2020
Build Number: RMX1931EX_11_C.26

The 3rd OTA update mainly consisted of 14 months of security patch updates, bug fixes over Android 10 and increasing system stability. After update:

Size: 3.08 GB

Realme UI Version: V2.0
Android Version: 11
Android Security Patch: 5th Jun, 2021
Build Number: RMX1931EX_11_F.11

Finally the 5th OTA update provided security patch updates, bug fixes over Android 11 and increasing system stability. After update:

Size: 710 MB
Realme UI Version: V2.0
Android Version: 11
Android Security Patch: 5th Jul, 2021
Build Number: RMX1931EX_11_F.12

Was exhausted after so many software updates. Will later provide my initial impressions, but the first touch have been very positive.

vmec, 06 Sep 2021I do not think any other phone at this price comes with Gor... moreThanks so much for your valuable comments. I am still to receive the phone, can you share about how stable the latest Android 11 update is? Will I wait some more time or straight away update the phone to Android 11?

Also how is the audio quality through headphone jack? Is it OK or GREAT?

• vmec

RishiGuru, 03 Sep 2021Today ordered a brand new Realme X2 Pro from Amazon. It of ... moreI do not think any other phone at this price comes with Gorilla Glass 5, super amoled screen, aluminium metal framing, fast charging and UFS 3.0.

RaikageMarvz37, 01 Jul 2021where did you get it?Today ordered a brand new Realme X2 Pro from Amazon. It of 12/256 GB memory configuration. Paid INR 23.18K ($317, 267 euros) after discounts without exchange.

Was it a good buy for the price I paid? It will be of great help if experts & owners comment on this. Thanks in advance!!!

• Missy

asj, 25 Jul 2021Can you test if you can record the video continue for 10 mi... moreThis might have been patched in the update that occurred Aug 6. Unknown if it was but this is the latest update after Realme 2.0 (RMX1931_11_F.12)

Kaisser995, 24 Jul 2021Greetings. About ten days ago it received an update to And... moreCan you test if you can record the video continue for 10 minutes with stock camera app?
My x2 pro started heating up after RM-UI2.0 update. I am facing this while using the camera outdoor where weather is 35°c hot.

I do not play games, infact there is no app which use the CPU heavily. so I cannot tell if the performance is affected system wide or this is the issue just with the camera app.

Madhu, 19 May 2021My X2 pro heating too much when I test antutu bench mark ap... moreIt looks like Realme pushed the last update just to kill the well performing phone. Phones fires up in just 5 minutes of video recording. Then it starts throttling the cpu and too much frame drops in the video. recoded video looks like a slide show.

I do not have any complaints from the phone but from the realme.

This was not expected as flagship user. I think they have been frustrated by selling this in such a reasonable price.

Is there any official way to downgrade to the previous version?

More over there support is the shittttt.

it have been 2 days i sent an email but no reply.

Then I opted for chat, wowww, the chat bot is throwing meaningless questions but will not connect to a real agent. after enjoying the chatbot at last l wrote for the bot that "you are just shit". Then he/she/that replies I am still learning, write 'agent' if you want to connect with an agent. then it have been 6:07 PM which is out of their working hours.
I do not play games, and keep my phone neet and clean from other apps.

So, do not update if until the camera app is not optimised.

• Kaisser995

ParttimeWizard, 22 Jul 2021Could you please tell us what update did you get ? I'm... moreGreetings. About ten days ago it received an update to Android 11 and Realme UI 2.0

• ParttimeWizard

Best phone, 18 Jul 2021After recent update, phone is like new, battery life is ama... moreCould you please tell us what update did you get ? I'm interested since you're noticing an improvement in battery life. Thanks.

• Best phone

After recent update, phone is like new, battery life is amazing now, ui is perfect, buttery smooth in every single aspect right now...

Anonymous, 01 Jul 2021It is great for the price compared with others, but OnePlus... moreOne plus didn´t have P2 audio.

Real me ui 2.0 after battleground india why not working 90fps please solve tha pblm

Bota, 30 Jun 2021Got the official android 11 at last where did you get it?

It is great for the price compared with others, but OnePlus 7t is better with almost same hardware with little extra money.
Using from last 1.5 years..
Charging speed is best feature in this mobile.

• Bota

Got the official android 11 at last

imheremahi, 05 Jun 2021I have been using this phone since 2019 November. This is t... moreyou better join the community on realme.com. you can ask there. Many X2 Pro users will be there.

• Licons

I have a problem with my realme x2 pro. Since September 2020 he has problem with battery. The phone's battery looks to be badly connected but I've opened up the phone looked a the battery and no problem. Sometimes it wouldn't even start up. And actually he's at 100% since 2 hours

I have been using this phone since 2019 November. This is the best phone I used till now. the only problem is those mf realme team forgot about their first flagship and they treat us like shit its June 2021 still no android 11 or rm uni 2. even the budget phones got the update. I decided no more realme flagship for me. I'm done. the phone is amazing tho. performance, camera, battery, screen everything is superb. but the software is shite guys.

• Hari

Amith, 15 May 2021I have an option to get the phone for 18k. 6 month used mob... moreYou can buy this phone for PUBG and COD