Samsung Galaxy A50s hands-on review
The Samsung Galaxy A50s is the latest mid-range smartphone from the South Korean brand. The A50s is the successor to the A50, which was launched just six months ago. That might not seem like a lot, but in the fast-paced and competitive smartphone landscape, it's a long time.
The A50s is largely the same phone as the A50 but with a few key improvements. Samsung has swapped out the front and rear main cameras with new higher resolution ones to keep up with the competitors. The homegrown Exynos processor is also slightly newer, and while the design is essentially the same, there's now a new paint job to spice things up a bit.
Samsung Galaxy A50s specs
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic frame and back;
- Screen: 6.4" Super AMOLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; FullHD+ (1080 x 2340 px)
- Rear cameras: 48 MP, f/2.0, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Video capture: 4K@30fps
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G72MP3 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM + 128GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage; Up to 512GB microSD card support
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; Samsung One UI on top
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion; 15W quick charge
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM/ Single-SIM options available; LTE; USB 2.0 Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS + GLONASS + BDS; Bluetooth 5.0; NFC
- Misc: Single bottom-firing speaker, Under-display fingerprint reader
As you can see, the "s" moniker is appropriate as this is a small update over the phone launched six months ago. Whether or not the update was warranted or brings anything meaningful to the table, we'll just have to find out.
Hi, same experience here. When I encounter that kind of issue I immediately update it from the latest software update. It really works for me.
- 02 Aug 2021
I have the same experience as others . Mobile started restarting automatically. When enquired in service centre they said it could be a software issue and reinstalled the software as issue continued i went again for repairing now they say complete b...
- 02 Aug 2021
I used it only 1 yr and 5 months after that it just stucked with the samsung logo and when i asked the samsung care about it they told it is the issue coming form the company only u have to chng the mother board nd it will cost about 8 to 9k my last ...
- 22 Jul 2021