Samsung Galaxy A51 review
If 2019 taught us anything it's that Samsung's A-series span pretty much the entire spectrum of feature sets and price brackets short of a true flagship. The 2020 roster is only beginning to unfold and the company kicked things off by adding 1s to product names in the mid-tier - thus the Galaxy A51 was born.
That 1 means a lot when you look at the A51 and A50 side by side. For starters, there's 1 more camera on the new model - a close-focusing 5MP shooter. The chipset is also "1" better - the A51 is powered by the Exynos 9611 as opposed to the 9610 in last year's phone. And then a 0.1-inch increase in screen diagonal continues the theme albeit at a lower order of magnitude.
Let's put our lame attempts at numerology to the side, and mention the other upgrades that the Galaxy A51 brings - almost exclusively in the camera system. There's a 48MP Quad Bayer primary unit now replacing the 25MP conventional module of the A50 and the ultra wide-angle cam's sensor has grown in pixel count - it now stands at 12MP as opposed to the A50's 8MP, still with 123-degree coverage.
And you be the judge if this counts as an upgrade, but the selfie camera now sits in a cutout in the top center of the display, unlike the A50's notch. Infinity-O replaces Infinity-U. The camera itself should, indeed, qualify as an upgrade - a 32MP Quad Bayer unit where the A50's 25MP snapper used to sit.
Samsung Galaxy A51 specs
- Body: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), polycarbonate back and frame.
- Screen: 6.5-inch Super AMOLED, 20:9, FHD+ (1080x2400px), 405ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary: 48MP, 1/2" sensor size, 0.8Ám pixel size, 26mm equiv. focal length, f/2.0 aperture. Ultra wide angle: 12MP, 1.12Ám, 13mm, f/2.2. Macro: 5MP, 25mm, f/2.4. Depth sensor: 5MP, 1/5", 1.12Ám, f/2.2. LED flash; 2160p@30fps video recording.
- Front camera: 32MP, 1/2.8", 0.8Ám, 26mm, f/2.2. 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Chipset: Exynos 9611: octa-core CPU (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
- Memory: 4/64GB, 4/128GB, or 6/128GB versions, UFS 2.0; dedicated microSD slot for up to 1TB expansion.
- OS: Android 10; Samsung One UI 2.0.
- Battery: 4,000mAh, 15W charging.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, USB-C; 3.5mm audio jack.
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader, single bottom-firing loudspeaker.
Samsung Galaxy A51 unboxing
There's no 'New year, new me' when it comes to the A-series presentation and the Galaxy A51 arrives in a familiar white box with a glossy print of the phone on top, a cutout with the model numbers helping identify what's inside.
And inside, sure enough, you'll find the Galaxy A51. Besides the phone, you'll be getting a 15W power adapter - the tried and tested QC2.0-based Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging unit, plus a USB-A-to-C cable to complete the link. A basic set of earbuds is also part of the bundle, but there's no protective case - other makers take the exact opposite approach, and we'd probably pick a case instead of a headset, but to each their own.
I have this samsung a51 n i found a bug when i use bluetooth speaker.. the sound not working smoothly.. this phone very bad n disturbing enough for everyone who use bluetooth speaker for daily use.. i hope samsung give update to fix it
- 8 hours ago
The reason i bought A51 because has 4 camera, but it sucks. It so bad even my late xiaomi that had lower resolution can make better pic. I'm so disappointed. The only good thing it has NFC and 128gb storage. Everything else is plain old and worst pho...
- 19 hours ago
I hope this A51 galaxy device will help me bcos talking about the performance and the appearture of the device,I really love it.please make everything possible to correct the main motive of the bike being it the explicit 48pxl camera,the battery and ...
- 22 hours ago