Samsung Galaxy Fold

Samsung Galaxy Fold

This phone would be awesome if the screen on the front (while folded) was a bit bigger. Perhaps others will have something I like in the future :)

• Oflife

Got to play with one at CES (customer had not, not on the Samsung booth). It is quite magical in real life, in particular as he had it in a skin case, so it looked pretty cool. You cannot get an idea of how amazing it is to unfold (and fold) a folding display from any photos or videos, you have to try it. The screen is superb, but the crease is obvious. It does feel well made, but the execution is flawed as others have pointed out. Motorola have taken a far more practical approach, and the next Samsung folding phone based on the same concept at Moto is also more practical. I just hope it has an S-Pen so we can use it like a real flip open notepad!

• Vipade

If it was under the €1000 I would have bought it :)

jmcrvzt, 19 Dec 2019Just got mine earlier. I thought I will be happy. The phone is f... moreGood concept but I highly doubt the durability.

1. Samsung's foldable display repeatedly folds inwards close to 180 degrees, a similar display from Huawei repeatedly folds outwards.

2. We already have separate screens on smartphones working seamlessly as one (save the hideous bar in the middle), LG comes to mind.

3. Yet these companies can't seem to put 1 and 2 together and give us proper foldables with two separate screens with hard glass covers, rendered bezelless in the middle by permanently folding the screens at a 90 degree angle underneath the glass.

SMH.

• jmcrvzt

Denis88, 20 Nov 2019No mate . Its not stupid . Its just very expensive . These is ... moreI'm not even rich. But I got the phone. Now my wife's gonna kill me. I'm broke 😂

• jmcrvzt

Just got mine earlier. I thought I will be happy. The phone is fine. I have nothing to complain. My problem is my wife. She said it was ok to buy it, but after buying it, everything suddenly changed. It was the worst purchase that I have ever made! All hell broke loose. I'm broke 😂

• Dodge666

Citrus, 10 Dec 2019I bought one - used it for about a week and found that both scre... moreThey folded it the wrong way. Why fold it along the shortest axis? If they had folded it along the longer axis it would be a very pocketable 120mm and the outer small screen would be more useable. I think the device (a crap phone that foods out into a small tablet) is something no one really wants. They should have gone with a decent phone size that folds really small!

• Anomenus!

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2019Buahahahahaaa in Poland is CHEEEAPER, costs 9000 PLZ, means abou... moreGetting mine for £31 a month :)

vincent, 14 Dec 2019a miilion sold alreadyThat was found to be a lie sir

• vincent

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2019What a sick comment, and corny and cheesy af. Bus ticket? Whats ... morea miilion sold already

I bought one - used it for about a week and found that both screens are sort of hard to use/hold. The small front screen is too small to type and difficult to read things on it clearly so it is really just for notifications (although technically, it IS a fully functioning phone screen). When opened, the phone is hard to hold with one hand so you are constantly having to use both hands. Typing is easy with both hands, but to do much of ANYTHING on the phone, you always have to open it. I just find that it isn't very comfortable in either stance - so I'm taking mine back today. Plus, a few times I went to answer the phone and they couldn't hear me. So, not all is smooth between the small and large screens when you open/close it. Couple this with the $2,000 price tag and you have buyers remorse. My wife summed it up well by saying "If you don't absolutely love it - I would take it back".
I'm looking forward to their next iteration.

2V, 11 Nov 2019i hate Samsung and everything it stands for so i don't see why a... moreHahahhaah gym, but easy on Samsung, they have a good A range , which was better than last year affordable.

Denis88, 20 Nov 2019No mate . Its not stupid . Its just very expensive . These is ... moreWell more money than sense comes to mind. I thought Apple was bad, a tablet and phone I could buy for that. I hope this isn't a future trend I don't like the style at all, Anyhow let's see if the cracks appear jury out .

This is great; I've been thinking for years that something like this would be the perfect answer to portability vs. screen size. Now if they can only make it thinner and cheaper....

• KatakBoroi

Cant wait to get mine next week!

Anonymous, 20 Nov 2019What a sick comment, and corny and cheesy af. Bus ticket? Whats ... moreNo mate . Its not stupid . Its just very expensive .
These is for sure the future in smarphone desing .
And sofar around 1m rich people are willing to buy one .
If all of them are stupid then ur right

Denis88, 19 Nov 2019Comparing these phone with a norrmal phone is like coparing a 50... moreWhat a sick comment, and corny and cheesy af. Bus ticket? Whats wrong with you??
Noone will buy this phone, because its stupid.

Comparing these phone with a norrmal phone is like coparing a 500k $ ferrari with an 500 year valid buss ticket . If i use your brain u will chose the buss ticket but i think everone will chose the ferrari just becouse it can acelerate 5 seconds more than ur actual car
These phone is a toy for rich people . They dont care about its specs or its difects . Its something that normal people cant affort and thats enough for them to spend 2500 $

Anonymous, 31 Oct 2019The New Samsung Galaxy Fold Just Got Released In Australia $3... moremalaysia price is 2670 aud