Samsung Galaxy S6

Samsung Galaxy S6

• Tahmasbi

This device Updated to andriod 7.0 no to 8.0 (Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); TouchWiz UI)

Good phone still no android 8 tho even tho a8 got it with same chip

Battery life bad but new battery can get 4 hours screen time
Charges vey fast but gets hot
Gets extremely hot with gaming data high brightness then screen slightest burn has a green tint on default setting setting to adaptive makes a big difference

• TronFan

Shane, 04 Apr 2019I have had mine since 2015 and is still kicking even though the ... moreI've had mine since 2015. Recently the battery had a cell fail which caused the back to split open which made me very nervous. I ordered a replacement battery and was able to remove the back panel without damage, then the front panel and finally I removed and replaced my battery. I reassembled it and now I am enjoying my 4 year old phone on a new battery. I am hoping the battery lasts, so far it works great. My phone looks near mint and works about the same. No slow down issues no camera issues. Great phone. I think when i do replace it though I am going with a oneplus 6t, I can't stand samsung curved screens.

joe nodden, 04 Apr 2019I know for a fact it ain't running perfectly. Runs perfectly for me. S6 currently has a Note 8 Oreo custom rom which works well. Only camera is a bit buggy, but everything else works well.
Flagship cpus can handle 6-8 major Android versions easily. It's just not profitable for phone makers to do so as people won't buy their new phones.

FullmetalJun, 22 Mar 2019I still have an HTC One M7 with an old Snapdragon 600 running un... moreI know for a fact it ain't running perfectly.

• Shane

I have had mine since 2015 and is still kicking even though the battery is starting to drain faster each day the phone works like it did when I first got it. If their are any of them left in store they are good phones to buy and cheep doesn't always mean bad quality.

• Wayne

Anonymous, 26 Mar 2019How long can this phone stay stand by? (with light use) (interne... moreNew battery 2+ days, Degraded battery 1 day on light usage. Phone is very efficient

FullmetalJun, 21 Nov 2018Try using another cable which is thicker. If not working, then y... moreGive the charging port a few blasts of air. Dust on the pins will stop fast charging.

How long can this phone stay stand by? (with light use) (internet and sms)

• Maksims

A very good phone. I have it and still holds up great. Battery used to be great but then I had to upgrade to 3450 mah. And is still very good.

joe nodden, 06 Mar 2019Exactly. It's like trying to run Windows 10 on a computer from 1... moreI still have an HTC One M7 with an old Snapdragon 600 running unofficial Android Pie perfectly.
The processor of the S6 is better than Snapdragon 660 & so better than most mid-range smartphones.

Brian G., 02 Mar 2019Jpa I was thinking the same the phone may not manage it too well... moreTechnically the Exynos 7420 in this phone is more than capable of it. For example the recently announced A30 has a 7904 which is not as powerful as the 7420 in the S6, they both have the same ram (3gb) and the A30 is running pie. So the S6 would easily handle Oreo or pie.

• Bundi

I have the Topaz Blue version in very nice condition. Very satisfied with it.

Brian G., 02 Mar 2019Jpa I was thinking the same the phone may not manage it too well... moreExactly. It's like trying to run Windows 10 on a computer from 1999 instead of Windows 98, it just won't work well.

Anonymous, 01 Mar 2019Here people only complaining for orio update like kids for lolli... moreit's because Samsung announces oreo for this like 2 years ago but never got it

joe nodden, 31 Jan 2019Well maybe don't ask for updates on a nearly 4 year old phone.Jpa I was thinking the same the phone may not manage it too well, it would probably work but slow the process to much, iv had this experience on two iPhones and a Google Nexus, major upgrades just don't do justice.

Here people only complaining for orio update like kids for lollipop. I am okay with android n because it has 0 issue

why the f does it say upgradable to Android 8.0?? it's not

• Alex

jack, 14 Feb 2019anybody receive new security patch update? what is the diffrent ... moreJanuary 2019 security patch . No more system updates

• jack

anybody receive new security patch update? what is the diffrent new updates