Samsung Galaxy S6

Samsung Galaxy S6

lol, the S6 is the reason I switched over to the iPhone.
The screen did look good and it was a good phone for web surfing and watching videos. The S6 was reliable 98% of the time but every once in a while it would freeze or lock-up.

On Black Friday 2016 my carrier had a great deal on the S6 so I got one for myself and one for my daughter.

The battery was atrocious. I never downloaded any apps or played any music because the battery life struggle to keep up with the basics. When I had a couple apps on the phone, the battery was lucky to make it through the day.

When my daughter's S6 hit the 23 month mark, the phone would randomly power off. So we traded her S6 in for an S8.

After 18 months the battery life on my S6 got worse than it already was. Once the phone hit the 23 month mark, I would have to charge the phone halfway through the day. At the 25 month mark it was almost unbearable. On the last day I had the phone, it was almost too hot to touch just from using a web-browser and the phone had lost 40% of it's battery life within an hour. I couldn't stand the s6 anymore so I went to my carrier and got an iPhone.

I had the s3, s4, and Note 3 and those were all good phones. My daughter has an S8 which she's had for over 2 years and she's happy with it. The S6 was clearly a bust by Samsung. I guess that's why my carrier practically gave me the phone.

Anonymous, 20 Jan 2020Bought it in 2015, accidentally dropped it lots of times and it'... moreThat's good, it means it's a drop-resistant phone.

• Eddy

Anonymous, 20 Jan 2020Bought it in 2015, accidentally dropped it lots of times and it'... moreIt's surprising my Samsung s6 does not heat up and battery is ok. Japanese version

• Bipin

kanglaun, 16 Jan 2020how to update my s6 smg920i to oreo, safe and secure downloads..... moreYou can update your software upto Android 7.0 by using official method in >settings>software update>check for updates> and update your software.
Best of luck.

Bought it in 2015, accidentally dropped it lots of times and it's still working fine. Have to say I'm very surprised.
If you don't actively use your phone I guess it's a nice purchase. I can't complain about the camera, and it gets the job done.
However, do mind the low memory capacity (less than 32GB and you can't add any memory card) and battery problems. Oh, and the overheating issues. You could probably cook an egg with it. The bright side: you have a portable microwave.

I kinda regret selling it. Beautiful and well capable phone even to this day, except for the battery issue of course.

how to update my s6 smg920i to oreo, safe and secure downloads... any link or ytube pls..tyty

khub, 30 Dec 2019please is the phone still ok in 2019/2020, for light usage? i am... moreIf you are buying a brand new phone it will be ok for moderate daily usage.
Just dont expect what you dont pay, I mean it is not fast and slick as S10 but it is stable, reliable and gets jobs done. Mine is like 5 yrs now and still in everyday use with original battery inside which would be nice to replace.

• hotoro

how i dwnload fm radio in my s6 but any radio dwnload is not free we are using to online i need helf hw i dwnload free radio

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020Yes its fine. but I would recommend something like the a50. if i... morePoor battery

khub, 30 Dec 2019please is the phone still ok in 2019/2020, for light usage? i am... moreYes its fine. but I would recommend something like the a50. if its what your thinking of getting its fine. I have it and it gets the job done. great resolution and all just make sure you have a battery bank as the battery only lasts me till about 6pm

anyone know how bright this screen is?

• Penny

khub, 30 Dec 2019please is the phone still ok in 2019/2020, for light usage? i am... morePoor battery, get something better.

• khub

please is the phone still ok in 2019/2020, for light usage? i am about to get one

used this phone for 5,6 months as a backup phone in 2019. except terrible battery, everything was good. decent camera and no performance issue (not for heavy and smooth gaming). although i dont like samsung much. but i have to admit, s6 screen is still better than 95% of the phones today

Anonymous, 09 Dec 2019Battery drain is REALLY bad, like 10% in 10 minutes during light... moreIt's a 5 year old phone of course you need a new battery

Battery drain is REALLY bad, like 10% in 10 minutes during light usage. I wonder if changing the battery will solve the problem because it's still a damn good phone to this day, did some of you do the same and what's it like with a new battery?

• remon

Anonymous, 23 Nov 2019Yh i dont get the S6 yet but i see that it has a low mAh. Thats ... moreits the worst phone i had till now becoz batteruly is too bad and gotta overheating issues

Bluefire350z, 24 Nov 2019I'm using this phone to this day. Overall not bad phone consider... moreusing with s7 edge battery with stock rom custom martitos karnel v15... getting 3400mah 5.30hours sot and arround 12 13hours stantby with heavy usage :) super happy with s7edge battery mod.

I'm using this phone to this day. Overall not bad phone considering it's date of birth :D though I wish battery was better..