Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

• Ramin Amirtaheri

Only T819Y

aurel f, 15 Jan 2020Mine is 813 model.Working very well .It has a slim magneitc orig... moreSM-T813 :)

• aurel f

Mine is 813 model.Working very well .It has a slim magneitc original cover pad ,nice to read with this tablet .strongly recomanded!

Bought used one that looks a bit new recently and its worth every penny.
Really happy with the investment.

• chris2k19

PeterL65, 21 Nov 2019welcome in the club. Very many Tabe-S2 owners are writing the sa... moreroot the tablet with odin and then install custom firmware to 8 or android 9 if available

• GP

Absolutely disappointed. Output was sluggish & now the sim tray stopped functioning. Company service centre says the entire mother board has to be changed that will cost me a bomb !! Chinese models for me in future.

Kevin, 18 Jun 2019I agree that they are expensive. I got lucky, though, as I bough... moreactually, it is not worth more than 80-usd.
Because :
1) It is stuck with Android-v7 (the 2016 model has only received 1 update),
2) Sound: With only 1 speaker, the sound is lacking! in quality, loudness, and on some units there are some disturbing resonances in the cabinet.
3) Slow: After some time, it gets extra slow ... know it sounds unlogical, with 8 cores and high-frequency-cpu, but this is the case.
4) The navigation-touchbuttons are very annoying: They often don't react, and Samsungs-UI will not allow them to light-up if you turn on battery-saving (medium/high battery saving).
5) Battery-Charging time: It takes forever to charge. We let it charge during the night, because we get frustrated waiting for it to charge during the day (it takes appr. 6-8 hours for a full charge ... even though the battery is only appr. 5800mAH).
6) General impression: The Tab-S2 does not feel like a flagship. It doesn't even come close to for-instance the Samsung-S7 (which has fast charging, has been upgraded form Android v6-to-v8, is much faster, has good navigation-buttons (and sw-control), and better sound than the 4-times bigger tab-S2!)

Bg Boy, 19 Sep 20192 years and i don't have any update,and Android is 7.0.. This Ta... morewelcome in the club. Very many Tabe-S2 owners are writing the same.
And Samsung stays 100% silent !!

Because of the lacking update to Orio/v8, I cannot wifi-roam. A sub-feature in v8, that for instance communicates a "hand-off" with the access-point, when the signal is getting "too low" and another access-point has a "strong signal".

Wifi-Roaming - explained :
I have 2 Asus-routers setup as Access-Points, and I have enabled their "roaming-assistent" feature, andhave adjusted their "hand-off" signal-level.
Below this signal-level (-65dB) all our units, except the Tab-S2, switches to the AP with a strong signal.
(our other units has got "Android-v8 and above" .. and I have cross-checked on the www plus with quite a lot of mobile-units, which led to my knowledge and conclusion! ... including iOS units (iPhone-SE & iPad-Mini2) which is "better", because Apple has got much better sys-upgrade support).

Sad for Samsung, that looses a lot of customers! / Marketshare, in the Tablet-market ... to Huawei and Apple!

Yasas_R, 23 Sep 2019I`ve been using my tab S2 9.7 since Sep 2015 and it still is doi... moreyou are lucky, you don't have more "problems" with this not-Samsung-supported model.
Mine has gotten more and more sluggish ... maybe needing a "power-wash", like in the Chrome-world.
Plus more annoyances ...

• Qamar

How can i remove the light brown shades form my Samsung galaxy tab screen? Plz help

• Yasas_R

I`ve been using my tab S2 9.7 since Sep 2015 and it still is doing awesome. Still didn`t feel outdated or sluggish and working completely fine. Had this battery issue where it doesn`t charge completely and takes so long to charge. I charged the tab for more than 15-20 hours for two times and now the problem is fixed. Always use the original charger to avoid battery conflicts. I still use it daily for my class activities and is really helpful. Should thank Samsung for this great device and I`m pretty sure I can go two more years with it without any issue.

• Bg Boy

2 years and i don't have any update,and Android is 7.0.. This Tablet cost me over 500€. And start run slowly battery life is low.... I am disappointed from this tablet!!!

I have T815 still looks and feels premium even after 4 years !

Anonymous, 13 Aug 2019Nope, only 32gb versions.Thank you I discovered that it's a live demo unit

DanMat, 12 Aug 2019Does this tablet have a 16gb model or i have bern duped?Nope, only 32gb versions.

Does this tablet have a 16gb model or i have bern duped?

• Kevin

Stefy the First, 12 Apr 2019Is not yet discontinued. But, there are better options out there... moreI agree that they are expensive. I got lucky, though, as I bought a used one on eBay for 80 USD. If you are lucky you can get this tablet for a cheap price there. It only had one crack on the screen which was hardly noticeable. Not a bad deal, especially as the rest of the tablet, looked almost new. Good luck!

• Volk65

Stefy the First, 12 Apr 2019Is not yet discontinued. But, there are better options out there... moreI just bought the LTE version for 269 Euros in Greece. The price was really enticing for a 4G tablet. I was using the 8.0 version for the last 3.5 years and I was very happy with its performance and screen quality. However, USB charging port became problematic for the last year and died recently. First chance I will order a replacement charging port to repair my old one.

s, 01 Apr 2019is it discontinued? is there posibility i can find it in UAE? Is not yet discontinued. But, there are better options out there for the price (Huawei and newer Samsung tablets). In my home country (Romania) the price is around 300€ (wi-fi version), which is too expensive for a tablet released in 2015.
If you are not against Apple ecosystem and you are not using your tablet as a main device, I will recommend the 2018 iPad 6th generation. Is around 300€ base model (even cheaper if you can find some good deals), at this price is nothing better on the market.

• s

Sayantan Nandi, 28 Mar 2019You can make or take calls via a headphone with attached microphone.is it discontinued? is there posibility i can find it in UAE?