Samsung i897 Captivate

Samsung i897 Captivate

My fist samsung Android phone. Back when the UI stuttered and lagged horribly.

Found it cleaning out storage boxes. Battery strong after recharge. Will factory reset snap-in sd card load it w/games, videos give it to 6 yr old niece.

works good with Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 even in 2019.
calls, sms, whatsapp...
no web, bcs of outdated web-engine and lack of RAM

Good second phone.

it's small!!! it's really small and fits in any pocket.
Hope i find something new with the same case, but no luck

• naman

nani, 16 Jul 2015hai, my smasung sgh-i897 software is not updated. how can I do ?Dont install any app

My Sgh I897 Has Blind Screen Pls Help Me

• romeo

the Ram is too low and the phone hangs alot

• AnonD-581901

Is there a patch to allow 1700 to the G3. I'm still trying to use this phone for wind canada.
Apparently 2100 is not the whole story and needs 1700 as well. Been trying for years to get this oldie to work before it or I die. Ahah ha.

Great phone. If any of you hate it, that is because you didn't pick the phone for you. So stop hating on it.

galaxy, 05 Nov 2015In the settings on the phone u should have checked "Unknown... moreGet an actually new phone then

• Prabhakar

It is a well phone.But there is a problem.This phone has a low processor and ram.Sometime it makes me rude and angry with respect this.It works very very slow than other phone.In addition,there is not front camera so you can't have a facility of video call.In order to using inter nate voice call ,it gone very hot and go for shut down.Really barrasing.I suggest all of new user please don't think to buy it.

• galaxy

starboy, 09 Sep 2015What can i do with my phone installation settings.each time... moreIn the settings on the phone u should have checked "Unknown sources" this would have allowed downloads from other sources than the market store.

• Hernan Massetti

The worst phone I ever had, with the worst battery I ever seen. Such a waste of money

• starboy

What can i do with my phone installation settings.each time i wamt to install application.it we bring a notification like this.(for secuirity.you phone is set block any application not down from android market.what can i do with this and haved flash it.

• nani

hai, my smasung sgh-i897 software is not updated. how can I do ?

Pally, 06 Jul 2015This phone can run Lollipop. I have mine on 5.1.1 (Omni). I... morehi pally, can u direct me where i can get all the steps of installin lollipop

• Pally

AnonD-411718, 30 Jun 2015can i upgrade the android version from 2.1 to 4.2 and why... moreThis phone can run Lollipop. I have mine on 5.1.1 (Omni). It works great.

can i upgrade the android version from 2.1 to 4.2
and why doesnt the phone read other usb cables in the pc thanks

• SALLOO

ahmad, 30 Apr 2015frndz i am using this phone from few days it is owesome..an... moreMY 3g is not working.. i dont understand how to activate it .. Plz help me

• ahmad

frndz i am using this phone from few days it is owesome..android is 2.3 but it can run all heavy apps..one frnd asked about its 3g band..its 2g and 3g is auto..we cannot change it..if 3g is present in area then it will run 3g otherwise 2g...

• hs1

please how does one deal with the power button problem. ? should i change the button.?or is there any other thing i should do... ?? cause i just rooted mine now.and i need the power button to power the phone. else it wont... please help :(