Samsung M8800 Pixon

Samsung M8800 Pixon

• Cecilia

question, 18 May 2009Hi there.. Just a querie does any body know weather thsi phone... moreYou can download Mxit, skype and gmail on this phone

• Anish

Just bought this phone couple of dayz back..really awesum phone n loving every bit of it..
When I take photo, it saves on phone memory.. How to make it save automatically on memory card...??

What is this phone like for taking pictures in the dark/lowlight?

• big al

Ashona, 25 Jun 2009Hey do you think i should get this phone??no wifi really does kill it, major especially for alot of ppl who dont have data plans or only limited ones. In Canada mobile 3g or even internet plans are very expensive and dont even have an unlimited plan the most if 6 gb.

• coliexx

oscars, 22 Jun 2009whenever i view my photo or try to sms, either the picture will ... moreits an inbuilt system, the photo, designed to make it faster to view them, i agree, it is FAR too sensitive! if you have a steady hand, that should solve all problems on that hand, lol!
as to the keyboard, turn sideways for qwerty and upright for normal. also, when it is on qwerty, you really have to shake the phone to make it go back to normal! if you are lying down though, you have to text wonkily (i appreciate wonkily isnt really a word, but its the best i could think of!)
Hope this helps ;-D

• coliexx

Anonymous, 23 Jun 2009When I put this phone on "hold" it is easily taken off. Is ther... moreyou can set it to auto lock, so by default, it will lock after 15/30 secs of inactivity... the only downside to this is if it has managed to get onto the internet etc, it will lock there and waste battery/credit, but this is the only other solution! hope it helps!
ps, settings/phone settings, keypad auto lock... set to on! ;-D

• coliexx

snaran, 25 Jun 2009I get a "No event" on my screen all the time - I have tried swit... morethe no event box changes to missed calls or texts, so just drag it into your widget menu, and when you get a text it will pop up, and go away afterwards, hope this helps! and as to your other query, i have no idea, soz! its not been a problem for me... as of yet! ;-D

snaran, 25 Jun 2009I get a "No event" on my screen all the time - I have tried swit... moreTouch the idle screen on the left to open the widget bar, then drag the "no event" inside it. Close the widget bar. Et voila.

• snaran

I get a "No event" on my screen all the time - I have tried switching the phone off and on , the no event is still on my screen - How do I get rid of this?

Secondly when the GPS is on and operating how do you go about making a call without swtching the GPS off.

Many Thanks

• Ashona

Hey do you think i should get this phone??

• Dupas

Bilou, 24 Jun 2009The lock/unlock button is too big and can easily be activated in... moreLoved comment on the big lock/unlock key!

• Bilou

Hedi, 22 Jun 2009Hi, has anybody experience with e-mail & IMAP? I set all paramet... moreAnyone knows if it is possible to send email using a hotmail account with this phone ?

• Bilou

Anonymous, 23 Jun 2009When I put this phone on "hold" it is easily taken off. Is ther... moreThe lock/unlock button is too big and can easily be activated in my pocket. Maybe is it possible to shave off a few millimiters with a small drilling tool but i won't try it.
Hope Pixon 12 is better in this aspect.

KC, 29 May 2009Hi. Just my take on the phone... may be helpful to some. Have... moreWhen I put this phone on "hold" it is easily taken off. Is there a way to lock the phone besides the button on the side? I frequently find that the phone is in my bag making calls or taking pics on it own just because I have knocked the "hold" button. thanks!

• Hedi

Hi, has anybody experience with e-mail & IMAP? I set all parameters of but my device keeps on saying "connection failed". The users guide is very thin and not much on-line on the web. Any hint would be appreciated. Kind regards, H.

Mirko, 21 Jun 2009Hello everybody! Please, i want to buy this phone but first i... moreno this phone cant record calls

• oscars

whenever i view my photo or try to sms, either the picture will start rolling on its own or the sms keypad will move from different angel, how do i stop that. I understand that Omnia has motion function but can't seems to find it in m8800 and its fustrating when the keypad moves around when try to send an sms. please help anyone.

• Bilou

How do you make a back up of your SMS on the PC ? Can't find a way with Samsung PC studio...

• Bilou

Rambo, 20 Jun 2009Copy the jar files on the memory card insert the card into the p... moreInstalling games from memory card does not work on the majority of Pixon, only for a little number of old firmwares. You have to use wap instead. I guess Samsung removed that possibility from their phones to please the telcom companies so you have to download and buy the games.

• Peter C

Hi, im thinking about getting this one or the LG Renoir. Im wandering about camera quality between the two? i know the renoir has WIFI but more interested on camera and usability.