Sony Ericsson G502

Sony Ericsson G502

• Sathish Kumar

i bought this phone March 09... and the next day i had a problem, the handset itself gets hanged if we operate it or maynot., i got it repaired but still does it ,i try to ignore it now but what i cant ignore is the fact that it turns on and off by itself about twice a day and more times.
I guess this could be Serious BUG and problem happen to most sony ericsson phones.
Internet is good and fast and the battery life is reasonable

i bought this phone November 08... and the 1st day i had it i was regretting buying it, the vibrate for a text stopped working unless i turn it on and off again, i got it repaired but still does it ,i try to ignore it now but what i cant ignore is the fact that it turns on and off by itself about twice a day and more times.
It happens to most sony ericsson phones.
We customers need technical support as this is a purely BUG.
other wise the internet is good and fast and the battery life is reasonable

Anonymous, 18 Aug 2009You should update to R1fa037. to turn off 3g Go to settings>c... morere: 3g.. thanks a lot! i think this will help on imporving my cp's batttery life. as for fw update, ahl do it some other time. i dont have the time yet to make a back up of my phone. thanks again!

akhil, 18 Aug 2009How to Download and install Version R1FA037 on my G502.. Please ... moreI am giving two addresses here,
i have downloaded files from this

& followed instructions from this
GOOD LUCK.

• akhil

Anonymous, 18 Aug 2009You should update to R1fa037. to turn off 3g Go to settings>c... moreHow to Download and install Version R1FA037 on my G502.. Please somebody help and tell what is Generic version and all this... I search and search but didn't got the answer till now... I am from India and here nobody heard of this version on G502... please guide us with full step by step method... Thanks in advance...

benny, 07 Aug 2009questions: 1. how do you know your software version? 2. how ... moreYou should update to R1fa037.
to turn off 3g
Go to settings>connectivity>mobile networks>GSM/3G netorks>gsm only.

• geek

dale, 16 Aug 2009i bought this phone November 08... and the 1st day i had it i wa... morelol n00b

• Ian

yess its a sweet phone,, simplicity is its feat!! sound problem its not a problem to me,, its sound is better than W910i,, I dont know why other people complain about its sound??? the only problem i notice on this phone was, the screen,, yes it is bright & clear at night,, but when you go out at a very bright area,, the screen tend out to wash out!! you cannot see youre messages,, you have to reset youre theme & choose the brighter ones,, with white backround

• Stuart

Does anybody know where to download r1fa037, and how to install it?

Thank you!!!

I like this phone very much.
I got problem with its sound and bluetooth.
Sometimes, this phone restarts itself automatically, without permission, very impolite phone.......
Once upon time, this phone restarted itself when i was calling my friend, do you know what it's like if you are in my shoes ????????????
Dear Sony-Ericsson, I hope your next products won't have the same problem.........

• dale

i bought this phone November 08... and the 1st day i had it i was regretting buying it, the vibrate for a text stopped working unless i turn it on and off again, i got it repaired but still does it ,i try to ignore it now but what i cant ignore is the fact that it turns on and off by itself about twice a day.
does this happen to most sony ericsson phones or what??
other wise the internet is good and fast and the battery life is reasonable

• Arun

what about auto focus and flash? screen should be a little bigger, 2.2".
otherwise this is perfect for me. i wouldn't mind another 1000INR or little more for those changes.

• Sasi pandalam

This is a cool set i like this one very much but the only problem of this set is its sound clarity .those who are going to take this set. good luck ARUN P JOHN CHENGANNUR

• Arun p john

I like this set very much but the sound clarity is poor . Thanks

• Girish

It looks cool piece. But not at all upto the mark. Is marketed as phone with features of W and K series combined. But I didn't like this as it has poor sound quality (first time I saw sony phone with poor sound), key pad and body color getting peeled off even after careful use, slow operations.
Some features are good as inbuilt google, user friendly internet use, less weight etc. But basic features are not at all good.
first time I am fed up with sony

• gurukool24x7

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970hey take g503 sony is always better dan nokia in my view u shud take g502

• suman

can any one please help me how do i lock a particular application like message, camera,etc.

tis 1 s really nice to use..keys r also nice....but usin w-series headfone will be more effective than own...its my opinion......

• agi

@Sachin : no it won't, software update won't improve the speaker sound, a modding will. replace your acoustic driver (in SE phones, the sound driver is called acoustic) with w980 for much better sound :)
and since g502 is a200 platform, you can find many references on the net to mod yours. good luck :)

• Punjabi Indian

Anonymous, 07 Aug 2009hi friends!! Im willing to buy this phone. How much it will cos... moreThis cost about 450000 ringgit in Mumbai.