Sony Ericsson P990

Sony Ericsson P990

• Rizwan

Hi ShaKeeL,
I think memory problem is gift of TasK- MANAGER.Why all aplication's take memory
even they are closed already.

• Andy DCH

This phone is worth it to buy.....:)

• AD9

How is the screen resolution? Are the pixels "visible"? And how about the mp3 player isn it very much different from that of the w850? Thanks! I NEED THIS INFO QUICK

• SHaKeeL

Hi Rizwan
i m 100% agree with u thats right what u said very very poor memory thats the main thing which one about u told here about this i also have told in many posts but no one is thinking about this problem this phone is nothing with this memory very poor this set is with this memory
Shame for u Sonyericsson

Rizwan's Post
Very-very poor phone in memory wise.i hate when he show "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY".Why the sony
left this problem in this 'realy smart phone'. why sony left alot of memory for
user's(60 mb),but sony give only 8 mb for p990i to
runing all aplication's.
if you open msg.then you didnot open any
150 kb size of wallpaper.
i think we dont want 60 mb of user memory,
but we want 50 mb for my p990i.
Rizwan's

hello all..

just in a a couple of days ,i plan to own this phone...i made lotsa research on the phone and feel this is worth it.
just one clarification, on the speaker. hows the voice and clarity. Is it clearn perfect..
any comments on this please !!!!!!!!
thx
good day to all

• nuj

im planning to buy this fone next week.. pls help me to decide by giving me the advantages and disadvantages of this fone for those who have gone far with this fone..tnx a lot.im from philippines..

To: Shaheer Iqbal - P990i has no capability to record calls. I don't know if there's a third party application to make this possible like NOKIA phones.

• miko

@jacko

is it similar with the earplugs being used in w800? coz im currently using the earplugs from my w800 both in my k800 and p990i.. hope this helps..

• King A

Its an All in One Device.

• Rizwan

left this problem in this 'realy smart phone'. why sony left alot of memory for
user's(60 mb),but sony give only 8 mb for p990i to
runing all aplication's.
if you open msg.then you didnot open any
150 kb size of wallpaper.
i think we dont want 60 mb of user memory,
but we want 50 mb for my p990i.

• jacko

can ne1 lemme know if i buy p990 then can i use my w810 earplugs with it or not...if ne1 has tried it let me know...

• Shaheer Iqbal

To everyone,
can any tell me how to record calls?? when i go to recording and press record while i m in a call it say recording failed try again.. so how do we records calls??? can any1 please help me out

• maxq

to ronald,

thanks, bro. went to the link you gave me. got it and downloaded the latest zip file. got the flash player installed successfully but the results are the same. i still cant run the update service. it still says i don't have a compatible flash player. what gives? anyone out there, pls help. thanks a lot!

• chinsurah

I have a problem. Have a P990i, when I try to put the camera on in multimedia, then I open the lens cover, the phone swithces to initializing then it goes off. there is a command that says your phone has been restarted to improve performance. I have to restart the phone all over again.
please what is my problem, do i need software upgrades?
thankyou

• sjmata

LA_Holdem; Your question about synchronization:

Click "File" in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite main window; then click "synchronization administrator" then click "advanced synchronization" in the window that appears after you click synchronization administrator. There, select the option: "overwrite device"; this is, of course, after you organize your contacts in outlook... (Organize them as you would like them to appear in your phone). After you do this; you should have your contacts organized in both places. To avoid duplication in future syncs; click setup in synchronization administrator and configure, in the conflicts tab: "use the last modified element". This way only the elements that you modify will be replaced; depending where you modified them, of course. Please note that I am translating the menu names and the names of the windows from Spanish; I don't know if they have another name in English. I hope this information is useful, if you already followed these steps without success; then your problem is different...

• LA_Holdem

SONY P990 LATEST FIRMWARE
Phone: CXC162037 R9GA001
Bluetooth: CXC162058 R5A01
Organizer:CXC162036 R6E28
CDA: CDA162007/2 R6E28

To update new firmware for P990:
-go to www.sonyericsson.com
-1. download PC SUITE or it came with installation CD and install it to your computer so that the computer can see your phone.
-2.download UPDATE SERVICE at SE or http://www.zolved.com/synapse/...e_Service_IIand­­ install it to your computer. Open the UPDATE SERVICE. Follow onscreen directions.
-Make sure to backup your stuff from the phone even your phone contacts. The update service takes about 10 mins.

SHaKeeL,
I hope SE will come out new firmware
to fix your phone issues. I don't think SE will coming out anymore updates. They fixed most of the bugs already. Good luck to you. Thanks for helping each others out.

Karthick,
You can download recorder software "ALON Audio Recorder" and other applications/games on the link below for free. Make sure to register.

Best of Luck to you all.

Bye......................

• Stephen

Can anyone help?

I have been trying to sync my P990i to my Outlook. All the software is installed and it is fine for calendar and task but I have a real problem with my "Contacts". My contacts copy from my phone and my Outlook contacts and keep doubling up and multiplying up everytime I sync. Therefore every contact is in my phone 4 times and x8 in Outlook!

All I want is for my phone or Outlook to have the contact in once and then update whenever there is a change, in either place? This has worked before and worked fine but now something has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had this and knows how to fix it? Emailed SE a month ago but no reply.

Any help would be gratefull received. Cheers, Stephen

• dark mood

Hi all.....
did any body knows if the second camera can use as a wepcam , vedio chating at messenger's for examble
thanks alot..

• SHaKeeL

To Jhon Daniel
few days before i was trying to update again my firmware but i failed as in previous i have done this for thrice i think so SE is changing something in update may b for Window Vista update link in writen on first page in posts of 990 and on 2nd page posted by LA_Holdem
Thanks LA_Holdem for link but i failed upgarde now waiting for new firmware
Sorry for late reply nowadys not visiting the forums and sites about 990 researching on P1i

• curious!

Isit symbian phone can support microsoft office? how bout pdf file format? Ms windows media player?