Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY

I do hope that Sony can make a modern-day iteration of this wacky smartphone using the Xperia 5 Mk3's internal hardware. That would be a great portable mobile gaming device.

• Ivan

JoshuaReen, 19 Aug 2020I think it would handle more powerful and handle more games... moreThe phone is upgradable up to Android 4, but manually.

• edd

AnonD-99982, 12 Jan 2013is this phone really support USB OTG function? answer me p... moreno

I think it would handle more powerful and handle more games if it was released during Android 4.0-4.4 ages since this is supposed to be a gaming device

• Syed Kazim

I wish that Sony would make play 2 but same in durability and sound. I personally prefer it's sound over complete Xperia z series. Now I am using Xperia xz premium.

• Syed Kazim

Best mobile of Sony I have seen in my life yet specially in sound and durability.

I wish mobile companies take customer needs into account and develop different designs rather than just plain, single body phones. Even though their specs are changing, they don't seem too appealing to me. Whenever I have to change my phone for performance issues, and buy a new one, I don't feel like its new, since their appearance is all same.

uh pubg dosent work on andrioid 2.3 :V

Kazzz, 26 Feb 2019can you run Pubg mobile on this mobile?I just won a PUBG match easly. Gamepad is very helpful.

• That random guy...

Loved that phone back in the say for what it was. I wish more people had stuff like this nowadays. Lost mine years ago. ☹

• Fathi

Anirudh, 18 Sep 2017This phone probably had a manufacturing defect. Tried every... morejust change the slide flex cable and it the fuzzy screen would go away lol. no one told you to buy a 2011 phone in 2017 btw.

Xperia Play camera rate is 8/10, it just has 5 Megapixel and not include the SONY BRAVIA ENGINE which will increase superb colour performance. however, this phone is still good for capture picture. how to download games on this phone? I think the pone was great for people who enjoy the game.

Kazzz, 26 Feb 2019can you run Pubg mobile on this mobile?No, the phone is way too old with weak specs to run PUBG mobile. It would be really slow, assuming you were able to get the game on the phone (I highly doubt if that is possible).

• Kazzz

can you run Pubg mobile on this mobile?

Catherine the Great, 11 Jan 2019But does it have tactile controls, like this phone?yess

Jomppuv, 03 Jun 2018Razer phone. It's not that cheap tho ;)But does it have tactile controls, like this phone?

• RuskiPutuski

My god, I remember this phone, was actually a great phone

• Roxzura

This phone was way ahead of its time.

shaun, 15 Apr 2018I would like to see a gaming phone like this made in 2018 tooThe closest one https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_rog_phone-9224.php

shaun, 15 Apr 2018I would like to see a gaming phone like this made in 2018 tooRazer phone. It's not that cheap tho ;)