Sony rolls out Android KitKat on Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z
Sony has just begun seeding the Android 4.4 KitKat firmware update for its last year Xperia lineup flagships. The update is going to reach all Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z around the world very soon. Naturally, the roll out process is gradual, but it should be completed in a few weeks.
The new firmware includes the latest Android 4.4 KitKat with all of its improvements, revamped status bar and quick settings, new UI animations and wallpapers, updated Sony multimedia and system apps, compatibility with Sony's latest wearables. Here is the full changlog:
- Android 4.4 KitKat - improved performance & user interface optimizations.
- New PS4-like animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screens.
- Revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings, customizable notifications.
- Updated Email, Smart Social Camera and Battery STAMINA Mode
- Updated Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more.
- Xperia Themes with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select.
- Compatibility with SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app – enabling you to record social, physical and entertainment activities and have them all visualised in a beautiful interface.
Thanks, Shrishail Barigal, for the tip!