Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra

Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra

• JustTheFacts

Probably the best mobile device I've ever owned. I bought two unlocked mobiles since 2018, 4G is fast and reliable. 5G won't be truly around for at least another year or so (despite all the false advertising), and 4G is solidly developed everywhere and won't go away for another 10yrs. No crazy amount of uninstallable bloatware software like you find in Samsung phones... just straight forward clean, large, fast and the battery lasts amazing long - I can go several days with average use without any charge. Whenever this first XA2 Ultra phone dies, I still have another backup one to use - so glad I got two, the price dropped and it was a no brainer. Wish all phones were made to this standard. Clean, fast, everything you need in a phone for everyday and business use. Only thing is that if you need a QR scanner, it's safe to install Free QR Code Reader & Barcode Scanner from Duy Pham (MMLab)... works flawlessly without any security issues (Google Play Store). Another thing is that this phone does not wirelessly charge, not an issue for me. Peace.

I definitely hope that Sony can make an updated version of this phone as a next-gen Xperia 10 model in the future. To this day, this is the only Sony smartphone that has a front ultrawide camera and I deeply value that feature a lot.

• biddy

just bought a used one in great nick, just can not beat Sony for reliability, pop a headphones in and off u go, even better than my last phone with 8gb ram, volume was a nightmare with headphones.probaly Android 9 has to be the. most bug free version.

Satisfied user for 3 years.

• Trippy hippy

This phone is a great phone, reliable, smooth, really good battery, screen is solid, good memory size and feels and looks nice, but like every other phone it has its niggles such as a rediculously poor quality camera for the type of phone it is, can be very slippy if you done have a case, sometimes the screen sensor trips out and you can't keep the phone screen on for more than 10 seconds. Other than this belter phone.

Not satisfied with the cam especially it came from Sony.

• andrew

This phone is excelent: fast and never fails.... Battery lasts all day. What else could I say???.

Anonymous, 24 Jan 2021Great phone. Though I would prefer it if Sony actually care... moreExactly! This is the reason why my next phone won't be Sony. It's a shame because I love this phone.

• Clarkson

Can someone tell me where I can buy this unit. Please

Anonymous, 21 Jan 2021I love this phone. It's huge, with a well-defined disp... moreGreat phone. Though I would prefer it if Sony actually cared about users. Wi-Fi disconnecting is still very much of an issue. So is chopping FM radio.

I love this phone. It's huge, with a well-defined display, and built like a tank. I have dropped this phone, flung it out of my slippery hand, my cat has knocked it off the nightstand -- it's indestructible. That said, holy crap, the camera software is complete GARBAGE. Having to open Twitter/Instagram, take a picture, then pretend I'm trying to make a post so that the picture saves, is no way to live. The alternative is having terrible, blurry pictures that wash out the features of anything I'm trying to photograph that's not studio-lit and perfectly still.

• Qaisar Siddiquee

Worst phone, I have ever used. Camera quality is worst. My main camera started giving error just after few months of my purchase but after that it completely stopped. I had an issue with the USB Tethering also which was a manufacturering defect.
I will suggest not to by this phone at any cost.

this phone have 1080 p 60 fps gsmarena where are you?

Nick, 17 Apr 2020Both Xperia XA2 and XA2 Ultra question. Their Fingerprint ... moreNo, they are not the same biometric component parts. No, you can't simply desolder an M2 memory chip, you can however add a MicroSD card. I have a 128GB card in mine and have most of my music collection on it.

hokecro, 18 Sep 2020NO wifi calling, the one need I have. Yes it does have Wifi Calling. I can confirm this.

Does anyone have a solution for ghost touch?

• hokecro

NO wifi calling, the one need I have.

• Muzter

Salam
My phone xperia xa2 ultra has showing cameras error. How can I fix it..? Pls rep..
And I think experia xa ultras selfie camera is better than xa2 ultra.

• OL

Its a great phone. But Android 9 is the last OS for it. No android 10, although there is official AOSP for it on the sony developer site. That's one option but that is without google apps. I'm staying with stock Android 9. It still receives security updates.

• garethium

Paul, 08 Jul 2020I was trying to download an App but in the process I clicke... moreUse the Sony phone companion, it lets you reload the software from scratch, connect with it off while holding the volume button down and the pc program running, it recognizes and reloads software to a disabled phone