Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

• George

This is end August 2021, and I am still happily using my little Z1 Compact, 7 years old now, and the only work done on it was a battery replacement in 2019.
Kudos to Sony for good work!

Anonymous, 30 Apr 2021I bought this phone in 2015 and have enjoyed it a lot. I br... moreX Compact, XZ1 Compact, XZ2 Compact? Xperia 5i, 5ii and 5iii(Although not so compact but...)

i still have this phone...
everything is still good except the battery...
guess i have to replace it to use it, as it shuts down within an hour...
still good for messaging and calls, can still play some games...
and of course, music...

• Iviu

S. Barre, 28 Apr 20218 years and still going strong! I've had to remove Fac... moreA3 2017

I bought this phone in 2015 and have enjoyed it a lot. I broke the screen twice and then decided to buy a z3 compact. This one also was highly enjoyable but the plastic casing was less sturdy. In 2018 I switched to an IPhone SE as Sony didn't have a compact phone anymore. The IPhone went dead after a battery switch so I gambled and replaced the battery of the old z1, and it still works like a charm!! Apart from my banking app, all apps work and even do so at a decent speed. What a phone!! I complained at Sony that they don't have a compact anymore. I was thinking about buying the stupidly overpriced IPhone 12 mini but I guess I'm gonna see how long my beloved Z1 can still perform. PLEASE SONY, MAKE A COMPACT PHONE THAT IS AS GOOD AS THE OLD Z1 compact!

• S. Barre

8 years and still going strong! I've had to remove Facebook (and all the system files it cluttered my phone with) to save it from overheating. I replaced the battery in 2019 which gave it like-new life. Its the perfect size for small pockets and shoving in car cup holders.

Sadly I need a newer Android ver for work, and I seriously doubt I will be able to find a phone on the market now that is good as this little Z1 workhorse.

• repairer

ibrahimferhadli, 16 Mar 2021After 6 year 10 months My Z1 Compact froze and I had tried ... moreMotherboard on aliexpress costs 23€ so 35€-40€ max and your phone is fully work but for this price or little bit higher you can have another Z1 compact. I had this phone 2 times, 2 times damaged by water.
Friend also had this phone. Similar problem but damaged by vodka.
I have still big Z1 as secondary which was on the bottom of lake, 6 hours daily on the sun (at work) several times wet by rain and... Still working very good.

After 6 year 10 months My Z1 Compact froze and I had tried to restart and the phone never turned on. This happened once 5 years ago. It turned on after a few days on charge. But this time I sent to repairer. They've told me that phone's storage chip is corrupted and motherboard needs to be replaced and it is very coasty. I tried to flash with flashtool but didn't response volume down button for flash. Looks like this time phone is dead forever.

I was really excited when I had bought the phone. It's very emotional and heartbreaker things in my life.

I'm open minded for your suggestions, if you have.

• Oji

I am still using it. Docomo, WIFI only. Battery had changed. Great. No complain.

• KunoIthica

Zeus, 28 Jun 2020So, after 6 full years using this little jewel called Sony ... moreI'm in much the same boat as you, though I have now replaced the battery in mine to keep it stringing along. I have uninstalled and disabled everything I can, and do a full re-flash every 6 moths or so, but the modern web is just getting to be too much for the old girl to handle. I had considered upgrading to the XZ1 Compact, but even that is getting a bit long in the tooth now, and even on the second hand market the prices are crazy. I guess the time will come when it works no longer, but I honestly don't know what I'll move to. I just want a phone where I can reach the top of the screen, while holding it in the same hand. Is that to much to ask?

• knedl

Zeus, 28 Jun 2020So, after 6 full years using this little jewel called Sony ... morei bought a new battery from aliexpress, original, for like $12, with necessary tools, and it works great! (just choose from the seller with best ratings) also if you want is waterproof you buy a new adhesive tape (instead i just put the back plate on the old tape back and put the phone into a tight fitting cover)

Rinny, 22 Nov 2020Don't own this but I would love to see more like thisI had this Sony, now got the iPhone 12 Mini.

Don't own this but I would love to see more like this

• pan

Zeus, 28 Jun 2020So, after 6 full years using this little jewel called Sony ... moreit is really a dependable phone... at the start of this year i was planning to replace the battery since it already shows weak battery especially when i use mobile data... but was also considering to get newer compact... just this august, i bought a used xz2 compact, the last compact to date and i think it will be the last, ever... so far, it managed to give me the usual "feel" of an xperia... it is a big leap from this first gen compact

• B

My gf use to have this one. Really great hardware. Tough as an brick! Plastic back, easily scratched - but who cares. Reliabel and sturdy, did the job with eaze.

• 3nity

Zeus, 28 Jun 2020So, after 6 full years using this little jewel called Sony ... moreMy one still working until today. Try to just uninstal facebook application if your phone running hot, work for mine. ;)

• Zeus

So, after 6 full years using this little jewel called Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, my battery is saying goodbye (never had to replace it, ever!). It upgraded to Android version Lollipop 5.1.1 like one year ago (or two, I can't even remember since it did not really change my user experience or routines at all).

The phone now gets really hot and battery drops from 80% to 5% very fast. It happened just this week, up until last week the phone still worked like a charm, like 6 years ago when I bought it fresh new.
So I guess it's time for me to buy a new phone.

It's been a pleasure, Z1 Compact, you've been a pretty fine machine. Lots of hours of music, radio, internet browsing, Twitter and taking pics.
Rest in peace, my friend.

• oblack

my phone is damaged and I have files on my internal memory how can I get that files
And they were not backed up to google

• wanda

Anonymous, 20 Oct 2019Still using this phone daily. It still works with the origi... morei got this phone second hand , but can you tell actually battery screen on time on this device? i have 4-5 SoT average with wifi only for connection.