vivo V5 Plus

vivo V5 Plus

NikiDroid, 06 Jul 2020I have different opinion. Vivo is not worst. Vivo V5 Plus i... moreSame here.

Vivo launched the trio of Vivo Xplay 6, X9 Plus & X9 as on Nov, 2016 on the same event. On launch this trio featured Android 6 (Marshmallow). Subsequently on 2017 all these three received Android 7 (Nougat) as a software update. Vivo later made an official statement they will update this trio to Android 8 (Oreo) in 2018 which they failed to deliver internationally. However Vivo did provide us three years of Android security patches for this trio from Nov, 2016 to Oct, 2019.

Vivo V5Plus being the international variant of Vivo X9, received the same software treatment.

Anonymous, 14 Apr 2020no update os, funtuch ui trash ios wannabe, vivo still wors... moreI have different opinion. Vivo is not worst. Vivo V5 Plus is old now. So, I think it is common this phone no longer receive any update anymore. I am fine with that conditon as long as the phone still can be function normally. When you have budget, next time you can buy new smartphone again.

Anonymous, 14 Apr 2020no update os, funtuch ui trash ios wannabe, vivo still wors... moreHumans are never satisfied. The Vivo X9 got released in China as on Nov, 2016. Vivo swapped X9's expensive OLED display for a good LCD of same resolution and released the same phone globally as Vivo V5 Plus on Jan, 2017. Nothing else changed between these two phones.

Vivo provided one Android version upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat for X9/ V5Plus. Vivo provided three years of android security patches from Nov, 2016 to Oct, 2019. How much more you can expect from a phone manufacturer.

Liking the look of a custom Android overlay like FuntouchOS on Vivo is a personal choice and I like this implementation as much as I like clean stock Android One on my Nokia 7 Plus. Both have its pros and cons.

The only grief I had was Vivo officially promised that X9 will get Android Oreo in China and I have no clue whether the X9 users actually received it or not. Most probably not or else the same phone globally known as V5Plus should also have received the same.

no update os, funtuch ui trash ios wannabe, vivo still worst brand ever

NikiDroid, 22 Mar 2020Mmmm. Previously, this Vivo V5 Plus also one of my favourit... moreFew things I like about my Vivo V5 Plus:

1) The phone even today gives a premium vibe when you look or take into your hands. The reason being a premium sand blasted metal construction and very narrow bezels around its sides. Recent plastic bodies phones have improved its look drastically say for example my Oppo F7, but the moment you take both phones in hand, V5Plus feels more premium. And the V5Plus was a major upgrade in this area over its predecessor in India, the Vivo V3Max. Yes I have used both and I know the difference.

2) The phone is very robust. The all metal construction & Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection helps a lot.

3) V5Plus used Snapdragon 625 SoC, and it was very efficient and still is as its uses 14 nm manufacturing process. During V5Plus release in India we were angry as my V3Max was using a SD652, a more powerful Soc. Only after owning the V5Plus I could realize that the 28nm based SD652 was so power hungry while the 14nm based SD625 is so power efficient and heats so less. Hence under gaming V5Plus will throttle way less as the heat generated is much less and provide more stable frame rates. V3Max will on other hand heat a lot and start throttling.

4) Currently failing short in battery life against current competitors but still provides a respectable one working day battery backup under heavy use.

5) V5Plus used a dedicated DAC, the AKM AK4375 to be exact and the sound quality was far superior against its competitors. The V5Plus still sounds better than my Oppo F7.

6) Fast 18 watts wall charger still tops my V5Plus at respectabe 1.5 hours.

In the end at INR 15K my V5Plus was a good buy and I still use the phone rigorously.

RishiGuru, 09 Mar 2020It's pretty established that one doesn't buy a Vivo or Oppo... moreMmmm. Previously, this Vivo V5 Plus also one of my favourite phone, camera was good, performance also good, fast charging too 18W.

Sonu KKC, 28 Dec 2019Its This true.... VIVO V5 PLUS get oreo Update in 30 decemb... moreI don't think they will do. December 2020 is too long waiting. Since it released in 2017, it will be 3 years old till December 2020, nad I guess it won't get any update anymore.

RishiGuru, 09 Mar 2020It's pretty established that one doesn't buy a Vivo or Oppo... moreThank you for the reply.

NikiDroid, 11 Feb 2020I was also V5 Plus user. By using Vivo, Oppo, you have to a... moreIt's pretty established that one doesn't buy a Vivo or Oppo smartphone in order to get quick Android OS updates. These companies under BBK Electronics banner have traditionally been among the slowest to deliver these, and the situation is no different with Vivo V5 Plus.

My V5 Plus is now 3 years old, still running very strong as my primary device. It is my primary device when it comes to making calls as it never had any network issues, and the voice is loud and clear. It is my primary device as It has has a very good SMS management and the front fingerprint scanner works like a charm. It has a relatively mediocre battery capacity of just 3060 mAh by today's standards but still provides a day of battery life even under heavy usage in dual sim mode. The phone still runs on age old Android Nougat (Android 7) when my latest Nokia 6.1 runs on Android 10.

You may very well ask why my newer Nokia 6.1 is not my primary phone. The reason is very simple, software stability. Vivo or Oppo releases major OS upgrades on their phones much later than others only because they perform all type of white box, black box & through regression testing on the new software before releasing the upgrade to the market. This takes time & money, but when its is available for download, the OS just runs no major issues.

On the other hand Nokia pushes software upgrades every month, a huge marketing strategy which lures customers to buy their phones. Later as you go on using their phones, you realize the Nokia's are software disaster. With each software update curing some old issues and then creating some more. Phone calls face network issues with some updates and then works with next updates and so on. This is because Nokia has to fulfill their promise of regular software updates to their customers, but in doing so does run the full set of regression testing of their software prior release every month each of their 20 odd devices they have on the market. They do not have the time & money to do so.

Recently after over 2 years of constant use, I felt my V5 Plus is becoming slow and the RAM management have taken a hit. Hence recentli I performed:

a) Hard Factory Reset
b) Hard Cache Data wipeout
c) All data wipeout from memory.

My V5 Plus have now resumed the same velvety smooth UI feel that I experienced maybe a year back and the RAM management is now very good. I have reduced the installed app count to 60 from previous 100 and phone as stable as a rock.

God speed Vivo V5 Plus!!!

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020Redmi note 4 and vivo v5 plus was launched at the same tim... moreI was also V5 Plus user. By using Vivo, Oppo, you have to accepted that they give less update. That's the consequence.

Rest in piece vivo V5 plus

• desta

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020Redmi note 4 and vivo v5 plus was launched at the same tim... moreVerry true indeed ... but i choose vivo v5 plus cz HiFi audio and FingerPrint in front not in back, if i know vivo never update like redmi note 4, may i will choose redmi. but for now, i will choose Nokia, yes nokia, old but glorry.

Redmi note 4 and vivo v5 plus was launched at the same time in January 2017 whereas redmi is providing many updates even now also they got miui 11 with other mi phones without time taking and even providing security updates also.when coming to vivo even one single feature was not added upto now,no ui updates(funtouch os updates)and no os updates...redmi note 4 launched for cheap rate compared to v5 plus,waste vivo i will never buy this waste vivo brand phones

• Sonu KKC

Anonymous, 28 Dec 2019No i talked to vivo, they will release oreo update by 30th ... moreIts This true.... VIVO V5 PLUS get oreo Update in 30 december 2020... Nw The wait Is Final Over.

It is true annoymose ????

Anonymous, 25 Dec 2019I think that vivo will never give further updates because t... moreNo i talked to vivo, they will release oreo update by 30th December.

December security update not received, rest in piece.

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2019I need update by tomorrow ! Urgent I think that vivo will never give further updates because time is over i mean three yrs of security updates time was elapsed

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2019I need update by tomorrow ! Urgent Y bro

I need update by tomorrow ! Urgent

• Sonu kkc

RishiGuru, 21 Sep 2019You question is now answered. Just received an OTA update o... moreWhats update version 3.13.1. Or any other.