vivo X5Max

vivo X5Max

As requested details of the last software update for Vivo X5Max:

FuntouchOS Version: 2.0
Android Version: 4.4.4 (KitKat)
Android security patch: Mar, 2016
Software Version: PD1408F_EX_B_2.3.5

Released in Dec, 2014, the international variant of Google certified Vivo X5Max never received any android software update and till date remains with KitKat version. However Vivo did provide android security patch updates for the phone for just 1 year and 4 months ending in Mar, 2016.

Rick, 03 Jun 2020How about compared between Vivo x5max VS lenovo vibe x3 in ... more1) Audio quality: Vivo X5Max. Very accurate and natural sounding and sometimes may sound downright clinical. However it has the level of audio resolution which is very hard to come by in smartphones.

2) Perfect balance of audio quality and headphone driving power: Lenovo Vibe X3. More melodious, musical sounding of the two, little less resolution than X5Max but with powerful headphone amplifier able to drive proper over the ear headphones. Vibe X3 is also the overall better device of the two.

However in terms of audio through headphone jack, my LG V30+ & Vivo NEX S are even better and comes with native DSD playback capabilities. V30+ & NEX S have explosive headphone drive capabilities, able to produce 2 Vrms at the headphone out, two times that of Vibe X3. The new phones are one step above X5Max & Vibe X3.

But still till today I own all four of them and listen to all of them.

• Rick

RishiGuru, 09 May 2020The last updated software version on my Vivo X5Max is PD140... moreHow about compared between Vivo x5max VS lenovo vibe x3 in terms of aduio quality wich is better?

RishiGuru, 11 Mar 2018As far as I know to have the PD1408F_EX_B_2.2.3 software fo... moreThe last updated software version on my Vivo X5Max is PD1408F_EX_B_2.3.5.

Chinu, 08 Aug 2018Which is good in audio quality htc beats audio or vivo x5 max ?Vivo X5Max hands down is the winner.

• Chinu

Which is good in audio quality htc beats audio or vivo x5 max ?

• Rayyan

RishiGuru, 20 Feb 2017I was truly excited about LG G5 with B&O Hi-Fi Plus (AF... moreGood research

AnonD-742711, 13 Mar 2018Rishiguru, I live in Baroda, India. Getting an OEM battery ... moreSo you don't have a Vivo service center in entire city? I far as I know Vivo have a lot of service centers through out India. Or are you suggesting Vivo does not have replacement battery?

I understand X5Max's sound quality over earphones is epic, and I cannot simply hear anymore to other ordinary smartphones.

Rishiguru, I live in Baroda, India. Getting an OEM battery is out of question here. Few compatible are available, which the service center will not touch and will have to be taken to a road side kiosk for fitting. I am not sure I will be able to enjoy my pristine music experience any more. I have not put any update so far in last 2 1/2 years. I saw price of V20 as 22.5k without B&O earpiece and 28.5K with it (V20a). As far as I know the price difference is only due to earpiece and the installed software.

AnonD-742711, 06 Mar 2018To-> Rishi, GeekayRenjit, musicfan and others.. Please h... moreAs far as I know to have the PD1408F_EX_B_2.2.3 software for Vivo X5Max you have to have a visit to their service center. This because this update will format all the internal memory, join the two memory partitions into one unified 16 GB, and then install the software. This is not possible by a OTA. However this update does not mess with the superb default music player with purple HiFi enable button. :)

I remember this update was previously available for download from their Global Vivo website. I don't know if it is available now. Please check. For battery also you have to visit the service center. Where do you live?

nikhil jat, 08 Feb 2018i own both vivo x5 max and a lg v20 cleaner sound with big ... moreYou are absolutely right.

Vivo X5Max is still a benchmark when it comes to high fidelity sound in smartphones. This phone single handedly compelled me to drop all my prized HiFi portable music players. I have also found X5Max not suitable for very high impedance over the ear headphones. But it can very easily drive any audiophile earphones and all low impedance headphones like Edifier H840. On the other hand smartphones like LG V20 or Lenovo Vibe X3 have much powerful headphone amplifiers, as many as 3 for Vibe X3. So they are able to drive very high impedance headphones of over 300 ohms.

I own a Vibe X3 & have heard the V20 extensively, and both have formidable HiFi sound quality to boast. But to me both misses out by a notch in terms of the signature see-through ultra crystal clear sound of X5Max. Lets just say the sound signature tuning as done Vivo on X5Max just match my taste where vocals take the utmost priority.

To-> Rishi, GeekayRenjit, musicfan and others.. Please help me apart from visiting the service centre how can I update the software to PD1408F_EX_B_2.2.3 to solve the internal memory partition issue. As previously mentioned this is an MPT software and not available for download or OTG. How far I could upgrade the android kitkat (4.4.4) so that I should not be messing the default imusic player and licence issues of FLAC. Finally, shortly the battery may go kaput, where can I get a genuine battery and where the installation could be carried out.

• nikhil jat

i own both vivo x5 max and a lg v20 cleaner sound with big stage in x5 max while v20 will prove to hedphones champ in my audio tecnica m30 x v20 gets it to vibrate x5max struggles. if u listen to music via earphones go 4 x5max if headphone then lgv20.

Can I upgrade the android version of my X5max

• ejaz

superb

• ravi

RishiGuru, 19 Mar 2017The bundled headphone with Vivo X5max is just ok. I do not ... moreRishi sir, is lg G4 has good sound, music.is lg v20 comparable to x5max, please reply,thank you

Why my vivo x5 max can't open Album.It shows"Unfortunatelly,Album had stop"

• raja

RishiGuru, 19 Mar 2017The bundled headphone with Vivo X5max is just ok. I do not ... moresir, is there any video player with good sound as power amp music player

RishiGuru, 19 Mar 2017Both file formats should sound good. But given a preference... moreMy audio file is flac 24 bit compression ratio is 8.

AnonD-170684, 18 Mar 2017All my songs(flac,mp3) did not clear through headphones(com... moreThe bundled headphone with Vivo X5max is just ok. I do not like it much either. I have no idea how Jays 5 sound but if amazon india reviews are to be followed they are not that good. I will say give Cowon EK2 or SounMagic E10 a try. They are cheap earphones with good audio performance and will not hurt your wallet.

However we are dealing with sound quality and its subjective analysis which will vary from person to person.