Xiaomi 11T review
Mi is no more - the names of Xiaomi's high-end phones will now be one syllable shorter thanks to the company's recent rebranding strategy. We already reviewed the top-of-the-line Xiaomi 11T Pro a while back, and today it's the 11T that we have for you.
A close relative to the Pro, the Xiaomi 11T swaps out the Snapdragon 888 chipset for Mediatek's high-end Dimensity 1200, downgrades the charging capability from 120W to just 67W, and misses out on the Harman/Kardon special sauce for the (still present) stereo speakers and the Dolby Digital certification for the display.
The display is otherwise the same 6.67-inch AMOLED that can show a billion colors, has a 120Hz refresh rate and can go as bright as 1000nits in HDR10+ content. The camera system remains unchanged as well - it's headlined by a 108MP unit, joined by a modest 8MP ultrawide and one of few actually useful dedicated macros in the industry.
The same 5,000mAh battery will take a bit longer to top up on the 11T than on the 11T Pro at about half the maximum power, but this phone may turn out to be more frugal, we'll see about that.
The non-Pro is also packaged in what is essentially the same body. That means the latest Gorilla Glass Victus to protect that AMOLED goodness and an IP53-rated splash resistance - a spec that actually stands out more on this more affordable phone than on its pricier stablemate.
Xiaomi 11T specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.1x76.9x8.8mm, 203g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame, glass back; IP53, dust and splash protection.
- Display: 6.67" AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits (typ), 1000 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (1x3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3x2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G77 MC9.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.52", 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1/4", 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm, 1/5.0", 1.12µm, AF.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960, HDR10+, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 67W, 100% in 36 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; Infrared port.
Xiaomi 11T unboxing
The 11T ships in the usual white cardboard box characteristic of Xiaomi, with a large '11' front and center and the full name in smaller print in the lower portion and on the sides.
A sleeve on top of the phone holds a transparent silicone protective case, while a 67W charger and a USB-A-to-C cable can be found under the handset. It's not the richest bundle, but the basics are covered.
Does this Device support Gcam?
- 20 May 2022
Im looking for a new phone and conflicted to choose between the 11T and the Realme GT Neo 2. Which are better in terms of battery, gaming performance/optimization, camera and software?
- 16 May 2022
Cant agree more.. mi10t did way better job on this
- 13 May 2022