Xiaomi Mi 5s

Xiaomi Mi 5s

• Adeola 2348165030936

User mi5s, 24 Oct 2019Well, i still use mi5s now 😂, i use pe rom pact 5 ju... moreCould you tell me.. Where you change your battery cos the battery sucks here. Thinking of buying a new one. Please liase me.

User mi5s, 24 Oct 2019Well, i still use mi5s now 😂, i use pe rom pact 5 ju... moreVery nice. That Pixel Experience rom is good. The latest I use it was September patch.

• User mi5s

Well, i still use mi5s now 😂, i use pe rom pact 5 july 2019 and I think this best rom for me. I just changed my battery few week ago with vizz battery and sot in pe 5-6 hours

Well, I had changed my phone to iPhone 6, so no longer use Xiaomi Mi 5s, this group also become silent. People are prefer new phone or better welknown phones.

Said that, in the news, Xiaomi Mi 5s will receive MIUI 11 update in somewhere November. Let's wait and see for who still uses Mi 5s.

Several days ago I updated my phone to Pixel Experience rom patch September security. Nothing change in icon, menu apps and option. All work fine.

Nine months of use now. Till now the phone is still works great.

Well, updated apps I guess need more RAM. So, I think, my next Android smartphone should has 6 GB RAM minimal.
:-)

New update of Pixel Experience rom is available on pixelexperience.org. It is based on August 2019 security patch. My phone had updated several hours ago. No problem so far and no new option I found.

I did update using OTA. Using custom rom in Xiaomi so far is better choice for me when you use less than 4 GB of RAM Xiaomi phone. This Pixel Experience rom is better in frequently update compared to MIUI stock rom.

Still using it, with Pixel Experience rom patch July 2019, Android Pie software, works very well so far, unlock fingerprint also works quite fast. I will say, unlock fingerprint using Pixel Experience rom is faster that stock rom MIUI.

MIUI keep updated by them I think doesn't solve problems. So, using custom rom usually is better option than MIUI. If users would like to keep using MIUI, I guess better keep stay in MIUI 9.6.4.0 (Marshmallow).

John, 11 Mar 2018Guys between xiaomi mi 5s vs xiaomi mi note 3? Which will be be... moreWell, for me given that option, I will choose Mi Note 3 for sure.

Still using Mi 5s. Android Pie Pixel Experience rom with July 5, 2019 patch security. So far no problem for all functions, burn-in also fixed by rooting and setting RGB color with Kernel Adiutor settings.

I think all or almost all the smartphones there have weakness about LCD burn-in/image retention.

I noticed my Mi 5s have image retention since MIUI 9 and after I finished playing game PPSSPP app. Because the horror game I played too dark, I set brightness my phone to full. Maybe not more than 1 week after that, it became burn-in/image retention.

So, not only AMOLED or OLED LCD can experience the same thing, an IPS LCD also can do that.

Mick, 26 Mar 2018 which one will better? Mi5 or Mi5s??? Mi 5s is better on the specs.

.-Alex-., 06 Dec 2017Can I ask everyone who had this phone? Do the processor heat up ... moreI didn't notice it, but for me, I am fine with that.

Rochelle, 02 Dec 2017I am having a lot of issues with GPS with this phone. I have th... moreI have no issue on GPS from my phone. Works normal from MIUI 8, MIUI 9, MIUI 10 adn last on Pixel Experience rom.

Anonymous, 29 Oct 2017I've had an M1 5s for 9 months, and though it's a good enough ph... moreI am still using Mi 5s.

1. No, my phone quite loud. And I have no issue with that
2. No, when I was in MIUI, contacts are fine. I use Google contact instead of Mi contact. In custom rom also I have no encounter missing contact
3. First. Xiaomi phone in default will be built in their apps like Music, Gallery, Mi Video (this can be useless), etc that contains ads. That's Xiaomi phone. If you don't want useless app and ads, you can see Oppo, Vivo, iPhone, Motorola, etc. And even using Xiaomi, you can also change the rom into custom rom, free of ads.
4. Well, in my opinion that's depend on the venfor. Xiaomi, that I know, focus on MIUI version, not Android version
5. That's good option, iPhone X

Jhea, 09 Dec 2017Is true that the mi5, mi5s and mi5s plus have a signal issue? I ... moreNo, in my region network works fine.

AnonD-707381, 06 Nov 2017For about the same prices ($270) , which phone should I get: Xia... moreOf course Mi 5s is better. You get NFC, 2.5A charger in the box and the phone itself support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Look Mi A1 and other Mi A series no NFC, no 2.5A charger in the box and the phone itself not support fast charging 3.0.

To make it run one of best performance I think root the phone, install Kernel Adiutor and set GPU governor to performance, restart the phone. I tested once, yes it was very good in multitasking, but battery drains faster. I used Pixel Experience rom with security patch June 5, 2019.

Well, the latest Pixel Experience rom for Mi 5s I tested so far is one of the best for daily usage. Now it can take screenshot by swipe down 3 fingers (like in MIUI). There is also color calibration inside Display menu. Make color blue, red, green, reduce to minimize burn-in issue for example.

Well, because it is RAM 3 GB version, can't say very good for do all things. Overall, gaming (I don't test PUBG), like AOV is good, no lag (I set GPU set on demand using Kernel Adiutor). Performance, multitasking also fine enough (I think set GPU governor performance is the best for multi task).