Xiaomi Mi 5s

Xiaomi Mi 5s

Still using it, with Pixel Experience rom patch July 2019, Android Pie software, works very well so far, unlock fingerprint also works quite fast. I will say, unlock fingerprint using Pixel Experience rom is faster that stock rom MIUI.

MIUI keep updated by them I think doesn't solve problems. So, using custom rom usually is better option than MIUI. If users would like to keep using MIUI, I guess better keep stay in MIUI 9.6.4.0 (Marshmallow).

John, 11 Mar 2018Guys between xiaomi mi 5s vs xiaomi mi note 3? Which will be be... moreWell, for me given that option, I will choose Mi Note 3 for sure.

Still using Mi 5s. Android Pie Pixel Experience rom with July 5, 2019 patch security. So far no problem for all functions, burn-in also fixed by rooting and setting RGB color with Kernel Adiutor settings.

I think all or almost all the smartphones there have weakness about LCD burn-in/image retention.

I noticed my Mi 5s have image retention since MIUI 9 and after I finished playing game PPSSPP app. Because the horror game I played too dark, I set brightness my phone to full. Maybe not more than 1 week after that, it became burn-in/image retention.

So, not only AMOLED or OLED LCD can experience the same thing, an IPS LCD also can do that.

Mick, 26 Mar 2018 which one will better? Mi5 or Mi5s??? Mi 5s is better on the specs.

.-Alex-., 06 Dec 2017Can I ask everyone who had this phone? Do the processor heat up ... moreI didn't notice it, but for me, I am fine with that.

Rochelle, 02 Dec 2017I am having a lot of issues with GPS with this phone. I have th... moreI have no issue on GPS from my phone. Works normal from MIUI 8, MIUI 9, MIUI 10 adn last on Pixel Experience rom.

Anonymous, 29 Oct 2017I've had an M1 5s for 9 months, and though it's a good enough ph... moreI am still using Mi 5s.

1. No, my phone quite loud. And I have no issue with that
2. No, when I was in MIUI, contacts are fine. I use Google contact instead of Mi contact. In custom rom also I have no encounter missing contact
3. First. Xiaomi phone in default will be built in their apps like Music, Gallery, Mi Video (this can be useless), etc that contains ads. That's Xiaomi phone. If you don't want useless app and ads, you can see Oppo, Vivo, iPhone, Motorola, etc. And even using Xiaomi, you can also change the rom into custom rom, free of ads.
4. Well, in my opinion that's depend on the venfor. Xiaomi, that I know, focus on MIUI version, not Android version
5. That's good option, iPhone X

Jhea, 09 Dec 2017Is true that the mi5, mi5s and mi5s plus have a signal issue? I ... moreNo, in my region network works fine.

AnonD-707381, 06 Nov 2017For about the same prices ($270) , which phone should I get: Xia... moreOf course Mi 5s is better. You get NFC, 2.5A charger in the box and the phone itself support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Look Mi A1 and other Mi A series no NFC, no 2.5A charger in the box and the phone itself not support fast charging 3.0.

To make it run one of best performance I think root the phone, install Kernel Adiutor and set GPU governor to performance, restart the phone. I tested once, yes it was very good in multitasking, but battery drains faster. I used Pixel Experience rom with security patch June 5, 2019.

Well, the latest Pixel Experience rom for Mi 5s I tested so far is one of the best for daily usage. Now it can take screenshot by swipe down 3 fingers (like in MIUI). There is also color calibration inside Display menu. Make color blue, red, green, reduce to minimize burn-in issue for example.

Well, because it is RAM 3 GB version, can't say very good for do all things. Overall, gaming (I don't test PUBG), like AOV is good, no lag (I set GPU set on demand using Kernel Adiutor). Performance, multitasking also fine enough (I think set GPU governor performance is the best for multi task).

Nasirul, 24 Jun 2019How to install pixel ui in xiaomi phone?First of first, you should unlock bootloader of your phone. Here is the link: http://en.miui.com/thread-781303-1-1.html

After successful, install TWRP via Minimal ADB.

Download Pixel Experience rom from pixel.experience.org website.

When your phone ia ready (has done bootloader unlocked, installed TWRP, already have Pixel Experience rom inside phone memory ), use this steps:

1. Turn of your phone, then press volume up + power, keep pressing it for several seconds then release power button but keep pressing volume up, it will enter TWRP menu
2. Choose Advanced, wipe system, cache, dalvik, do not wipe internal storage
3. Choose install, select Pixel Experience rom you already downloaded, follow the instructions, your phone will install the rom
4. After successfully installed, wipe dalvik cache, system. Then reboot your phone.

• Nasirul

NikiDroid, 23 Jun 2019I am still using Xiaomi Mi 5s with Pixel Experience rom. Now Pix... moreHow to install pixel ui in xiaomi phone?

Domestoboto, 23 Dec 2018Gaming performance is absolutely horrible for something with a S... moreI guess that because of stupid MIUI that make phone lag. Changed to custom rom is better option for whom want better performance.

Sadin, 02 May 2019Any kernel ? And tweeting?I think Pixel Experience rom also can do that by using Kernel Adiutor. Set GPU governor to 'performance' make performance of the phone is better.

I am still using Xiaomi Mi 5s with Pixel Experience rom. Now Pixel Experience rom for Mi 5s with June 2019 patch security.

So far Pixel Experience is better than stupid MIUI.

• Sadin

Micky, 11 Apr 2019Actually, im on lineage os and both games(pubg and fort) works s... moreAny kernel ? And tweeting?

• Micky

Domestoboto, 23 Dec 2018Gaming performance is absolutely horrible for something with a S... moreActually, im on lineage os and both games(pubg and fort) works smoothy. Miui is horrible rom .

This Xiaomi also will get the next update to MIUI 11, maybe in June 2019.