Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

• n3ur0

Anonymous, 08 Sep 2019I have the Mi 5 & Mi 5s Plus. Very problematic. Xiaomi ... morei had loads of devices and i will reply opposite - xiaomi are very reliable and if not the best price/quality wise thenvery close one, mi5s and mi5s plus are still in tact here and working perfectly even in (grand)parents hands :)

• MasEnha

Anonymous, 08 Sep 2019I have the Mi 5 & Mi 5s Plus. Very problematic. Xiaomi ... moreThe only problem for me is the main camera thats can't focus, but recently the battery drain quite fast. Despite its normal thing that battery would degrade after 2.5 yrs or so, the unlucky thing is that we can't find genuine battery replacement anywhere (if anybody hv info please let me know). Btw I'm using official Lineage OS (v15.1) which fairly stable and significantly lighter than the original.

Bobby, 30 Dec 2018Guys, is this a good phone for heavy gaming? And can I exp... moreI have the Mi 5 & Mi 5s Plus. Very problematic. Xiaomi is strictly not recommended in my humble opinion.

• Dom

I'm on Miui 10. Where did the black/white camera mode go???

• Kaba

This phone is suck since updated to miui 9 and 10. They need deleting thermals to be powerfull smartphone.

Bobby, 30 Dec 2018Guys, is this a good phone for heavy gaming? And can I exp... moreWell, I have the phone. There is some throttling when charging but otherwise, it fine. I can split screen a demanding game (Dissidis Final Fantasy Opera Omnia) and YouTube and the phone can handle it just fine.

I'd recommend a newer model like the Mi 8 though

• Adi

MasEnha, 22 Dec 2018Global stable Oreo update was coming to my phone on Yest. A... morehow's the battery backup of this phone

• MasEnha

Bobby, 30 Dec 2018Guys, is this a good phone for heavy gaming? And can I exp... moreNo it's not. On upcoming year(s) gaming will be more demanding. This phone do handling better than mediocre specs but it's not the best choice to handle heavy gaming usages. You need to find phone with better chipset & better batt capacity.

• Bobby

Guys, is this a good phone for heavy gaming?
And can I expect it to last more than 2 years?

• MasEnha

Global stable Oreo update was coming to my phone on Yest. Around 1.6GiB. At first it lags like crazy however after clearing the caches everything looks normal.

• Dom

Just git MIUI 10. Everything became uglier. The fonts in particular.

• AnoM

milkinc, 14 Sep 2018Just got Oreo thoughOfficial Global ROM with MIUI9 is still Android 7.0.
But the MIUI10 on the beta version already is Android 8.0, so just need to wait for the update.
At least it will officially updated to Android 8.0.

• Saline

Hey guys wdyt, Mi5, Mi5S, or Mi5S Plus? Which one is better on performance?

Dom, 16 Aug 2018My screen gets washed out colors on auto brightness under d... moreThis is normal infact it is a feature when it detects more light it will increase the contrast of the screen to see content better

• MasEnha

I've compared the screen of Mi 5s Plus vs Redmi Note 5 Sammy A6. Mi 5s Plus screen beat both phones by miles. Mine in a good condition after a year or two, however the main camera can't focus. Anybody know the link for replacement?

• milkinc

AnonM, 16 Aug 2018Wow, you are replying comments from half years ago. By thi... moreJust got Oreo though

• AnonM

mi 5s plus poweruser, 28 Jul 2018Mi 5s plus have most slow update rollout while redmi note 4... moreWow, you are replying comments from half years ago.
By this moment, counting also the grey import, Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is one of the most affordable smartphone with SD821 (second is HTC U Ultra) , but it's official ROM stuck at Android 7.0, probably won't get upgrade to Android 8.0, same fate as Mi 5s, however the original Mi5 do get Android 8.0. Then this Mi 5s Plus' sibling, Mi Note 2, and Mi Mix also get Android 8.0.
If strictly based on value, depend on region too, the currently launched Mi8 is actually much cheaper than Mi 5s Plus launching price last time, and now same price as Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, and Mi Note 2. So, getting the Mi8 will be the no brainer choice. At my country, Mi8 undercut Oneplus 6 by very huge price different. Of course, plenty of choice here, there is a killer same pricing ASUS Zenfone 5z and also Honor brand smartphones.

• Dom

My screen gets washed out colors on auto brightness under direct sunlight. Anyone with the same experience?

• Jaja

after using 1 year, and almost 2 years my phone still working normally. almost everyday using my phone for gaming (semi-hardcore), the problem is always same, overheat. but overall is really good. about camera, nothing special. but if you love about monochrome fotography, i suggest this phone.

• mi 5s plus poweruser

Rifki, 26 Nov 2017Guys, is this phone still worth it to buy this december 201... moreMi 5s plus have most slow update rollout while redmi note 4 have highest.
Mi 5s Plus also have best performance due to using 2016's flagship CPU and GPU, Snapdragon 821 / Adreno 530, but due to Xiaomi policy,gaming performance is considerably capped to prevent overheating, but normal multitasking is a breeze, can compete with current 2018 flagships.
Samsung, cant say, as i am not a fan of those boring Samsung UI, also overpriced compared to its spec
As Mi Max 2,actually Mi Max 1 is better in terms of performance, better GPU.
p