Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite review
The Mi Note 10 was the first phone to be announced with a 108MP camera, back in November of last year. Nearly 6 months later, Xiaomi put out a Lite version, and that one is here with us for review.
The Mi Note 10 Lite shares the vast majority of its components with the non-Lite - the chipset is the same midrange Snapdragon 730G, the 6.47 AMOLED display is here too, the battery is the same capacity at 5,260mAh. So where's the Lite-ness coming from?
Almost exclusively the camera system. And it's a whole bunch of downgrades, too. The Mi Note 10 Lite swaps out that standout 108MP module for a more modest 64MP one while the 20MP ultra-wide has been replaced with an 8MP module. The telephotos are gone - both of them, so there's no telephoto camera on the Lite. The stripped down phone does have two more cameras, a 2MP macro and a 5MP depth sensor, but we're hardly fans of those.
Over on the front, another camera substitution awaits - the 32MP selfie shooter of the Note 10 has been replaced with a 16MP one.
And that's really it. Looking at the specsheet, the Mi Note 10 Lite is effectively a Mi Note 10 for those who don't put such a strong emphasis on photography, but who can appreciate a competent midrange package at a lower price point than what all those cameras mandated on the non-Lite. Here's that specsheet before we move on.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite specs
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; 157.8x74.2x9.7mm, 204g; Midnight Black, Glacier White, Nebula Purple color schemes.
- Display: 6.47" curved AMOLED, droplet notch, 2340 x 1080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 398ppi; HDR10 compliant, DCI-P3 coverage.
- Rear cameras: Main (wide): 64MP, 1/1.72" Quad-Bayer sensor, 0.8µm pixel size, 26mm equivalent focal length, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF. Ultra wide angle: 8MP, 1/4.0", 1.12µm, f/2.2, fixed focus. Macro camera: 2MP, 1/5", 1.75µm pixel size, f/2.4, AF. Depth sensor: 5MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16MP, 1/3.1", 1.0µm, f/2.5.
- OS/Software: Android 10; MIUI 11.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G: octa-core CPU (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver), Adreno 618 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/128GB UFS 2.1 storage, no microSD slot.
- Battery: 5,260mAh Li-Po; 30W fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.15/13 (800Mbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio, IR blaster.
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; 3.5mm jack.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite unboxing
The Mi Note 10 Lite ships in the exact same black cardboard box as the non-Lite. A few cosmetic differences can be spotted - the '10' is much bolder now, and there's a cheeky text on the side that we've seen on a few other recent Xiaomi boxes, likely a jab at Huawei - 'with easy access to the Google apps you use most'.
Anyway, inside the box you'll find a 30W charging brick that can happily saturate the phone's power input capabilities - as in, there's none of that 'phone supports 30W charging, here's an 18W adapter' nonsense, we've seen on occasion. A USB-A-to-C cable is also supplied. The Mi Note 10 Lite has a 3.5mm jack natively (yay!), so no adapter is needed for that and there isn't one bundled.
Finally, there's a smoked transparent silicone protective case in the box as well.
My daily driver device is Mi note 10 lite, and this is amazing phone in this price range, and my device is 100% working fine, camera result is also good, 3D curve HDR supported display, glass build quality, big battery, great chipset Snapdragon 730G ...
- 12 Jan 2021
Im deciding between this one and Xiaomi note 10 lite. It feels like in a lot of specs Xiaomi is better but my priorities are camera (low light and telefoto) and battery. So, its half and half. Also I have small hands and xiaomi's screen size is ...
- 10 Jan 2021
- ismail guler
In the read review page, It was said that there is LASER AF, but I could not find it on the phone. ??????
- 05 Jan 2021