Xiaomi Pad 6 review
The Xiaomi Pad 6 was announced in April and launched immediately in China, but it's only recently that it has started trickling down international markets. We have been keeping a close eye on this one as it offers a nicely rounded experience and a few must-have accessories that won't break the bank.
The Pad 6 grabs your attention right out of the bat with its no-nonsense unibody design and moderately large 11-inch display, which has a high resolution, 10-bit color depth, 144Hz refresh, and Dolby Vision certification. There are four Dolby Atmos speakers to complement that impressive display, too.
Xiaomi's Pad 6 runs on the powerful Snapdragon 870 chipset and comes with either 6GB or 8GB RAM, 128GB or 256GB of storage. There is no cellular connectivity for this Pad 6, and unless Xiaomi decides to release its Pro version outside China, you will be out of luck.
The Pad 6 supports Wi-Fi 6, there is a large 8840mAh with fast 33W wired charging, and it boots Android 13 with MIUI 14 with support for up to active 4 apps on the screen.
Xiaomi is also selling a high-quality Cover case, a magnetic Smart Pen, as well as a special Keyboard case with some rather strong magnetic attaching.
Indeed, the Xiaomi Pad 6 looks like a promising tablet suitable for multimedia, gaming, working, and even school. Let's check it out!
Xiaomi Pad 6 specs at a glance:
- Body: 254.0x165.2x6.5mm, 490g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame, aluminum back; Stylus support (magnetic).
- Display: 11.00" IPS LCD, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 550 nits, 1800x2880px resolution, 14.4:9 aspect ratio, 309ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (1x3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.80 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 13, MIUI 14.
- Rear camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.2, 1/4", 1.12µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 8840mAh; 33W wired, PD3.0, QC4.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6; BT 5.2.
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity (accessories only); stereo speakers (4 speakers).
The only obvious omission we can spot from the specs sheet is the fingerprint scanner. While it's not the most convenient biometric security for a tablet, it allows for easier online payments and unlocking. Granted, midrange tablets rarely have that option anyway.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Pad 6
The paper box of Xiaomi Pad 6 contains the tablet itself, a USB cable, and a 33W charger with a USB-A port.
There is also some paperwork inside.
- 18 Sep 2023
Great Tablet ... im using it mainly for gaming ... speaker Dobly sound with 4 speaker is greatttttttttttttttttttt and NO Lag ... also use it for doing Excel Dashboard and Power point purpose
- 11 Sep 2023
- 26 Aug 2023
Were are you from?