Xiaomi Redmi 5

Xiaomi Redmi 5

this phone is a lot smoother than my latest Xiaomi phone...

cheyenninnette, 25 Sep 2021Been having and using this phone since July 2018, so just a... moreInstall pixel experience on this device . Everything works smooth like flagship . Camera is improved by 2x I would say

Been having and using this phone since July 2018, so just a bit over 3 years.

This phone has survived daily shenanigans performed by my 2,5y.o toddler and not a single crack on the screen. Some mild scratches on the back side but it's nothing I can't tolerate.

Just last night, my son decided to dip the phone into the bathtub. It fully submerged for maybe a minute before my husband took it from the tub. It was still on. I quickly removed the casing and towel it dry and left it overnight in a bowl of rice to dry. It works just fine in the morning.

Seriously, if you have a baby/toddler, this phone is amazingly resilient. In comparison, my husband has had 2 sam**ng phones broken from being dropped or smashed by our toddler.

• Cello Ardian P.

I want to ask, why does the redmi 5 phone always have problems when you want to change the password on this mobile device?

• John km

This mobail is volte

Amz , 09 Feb 2021My redmi 5 has issues with wifi, sometimes can't conne... moreWiFi problems in MIUI are more common in what we would like and although in most cases they have a relatively simple solution, it can be a headache until you find the error.

You can try to:
- restart your phone
- turn off battery saver (if it turned on)
- check the software updates

For more info: https://itigic.com/problems-with-wifi-on-xiaomi-phones-fix/

• Amz

My redmi 5 has issues with wifi, sometimes can't connect properly.

• Pranay Mokida

Redmi 5, 10 Nov 2020What is pixel experience? And where can i download then ins... morehttps://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-5/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3854502

Download the ROM file from here

• Pranay Mokida

Redmi 5, 10 Nov 2020What is pixel experience? And where can i download then ins... morePixel Experience is basically a Custom ROM , which you have to flash using twrp recovery tool . Among all the ROMs , Pixel Experience Android Oreo is the perfect Custom ROM for Redmi 5 without any bloatware , and added Google Camera Mod app you can take decent bokeh photos with just a budget phone .

• Geri

Is it possible to root this phone without unlocking boatloader using king root or kingo root app and then install twrp recovery? Have anyone tried this method without bricking the phone?

• Redmi 5

Arshad, 21 Aug 2020Install pixel experience on it. mine used to hang a lot as ... moreWhat is pixel experience? And where can i download then install it on my redmi 5? Thankss

How to open if I forgot password

Arshad, 21 Aug 2020I don't think so man, I've been using my Redmi 5 ... moreYeah, same as me, I've been use my Redmi 5 for two. Years and there's no problem with it

amanisb, 22 Aug 2020What about the battery life ? same or different ?It's enough for a day of your phone is 100% from morning

• Kerol jamal

My phone any problems please settle my problems phone

• shivashankardr

Thank you all who gave a way out of the laggy nightmare, by suggesting pixel experience. I would like to ask someone who is using PE on this phone to post Benchmark test scores so that many others can be sure of the performance upgrades with PE.
Thank in advance.

Arshad, 21 Aug 2020Install pixel experience on it. mine used to hang a lot as ... moreWhat about the battery life ? same or different ?

• Arshad

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2020hangs alot... i am using only one app whatsappInstall pixel experience on it. mine used to hang a lot as well. The near to stock Android firmware drastically helps the performance now.

• Arshad

rite, 08 Aug 2020Yea, Xiaomi Redmi 5 breaks easily. That's the downside... moreI don't think so man, I've been using my Redmi 5 for two years now. Without any protection on front Or Back. It falls on the floor multiple times a day everyday. Doesn't have a scratch, doesn't bend as well. I've been trying to bend it for the last couple of weeks and it has no flex at all. Perfect bang for buck phone for me.

hangs alot... i am using only one app whatsapp