Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro hands-on review
Performance and charging
The Redmi K20 series is Xiaomi's budget flagship range. While the term "budget flagship" might sound ridiculous, that's the best way to describe these devices, which pack in almost all the features of a typical flagship smartphone but at less than half its price.
Today, we have with us the Redmi K20 Pro, which is the more premium device of the two, the other being the Redmi K20 that we have already reviewed in detail. The K20 Pro is the truest representation of the budget flagship moniker, having everything that the Redmi K20 has and also upgrading the processor to the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.
In this article, we will be focusing only on the differences between K20 and the K20 Pro, of which there are only a few.
The two devices share the same design and size, the same AMOLED display, and the same batteries. The K20 Pro, however, has the top-of-the-shelf Snapdragon 855 chipset and a much faster 27W charging system. And while the two phones have largely the same camera systems, the K20 Pro also gets 4K60 recording and laser autofocus.
If you wish to find out more about any of the two devices, we suggest you check out our Redmi K20 review as most of what's described there applies to both devices.
Redmi K20 Pro specs
- Design: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front and back, aluminum frame
- Display: 6.39-inch, 2340x1080 resolution (403PPI), AMOLED, HDR10
- Chipset: 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 2.8GHz octa-core Kryo 485 CPU, Adreno 640 GPU
- Memory: 6/8GB LPDDR4X, 128/256GB UFS 2.1
- Rear Camera: 48MP f1.75 wide, 4K60 video, 960fps slow motion, laser and phase detection AF; 8MP f2.4 telephoto; 13MP f2.4 ultra-wide
- Front Camera: 20MP f2.2, 1080p30 video
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual SIM, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou, USB-C 2.0, headphone jack
- Power: 4000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0 support, 18W charger, up to 27W support
- Misc: In-screen fingerprint sensor, face unlock, H-Fi DAC, always-on display
Join us on the next page where we take a closer look at how the performance of the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro compares.
Does redmi K20 Pro require tempered glass?
- 01 Mar 2020
- K20 Pro freak
which charging cable you(gsmarena) used for charging test and endurance test.? is it same cable for both the charger.? bcoz i dont know exactly(gsmarena the tech geek here not me) but i feel there is some difference in cable types as well as 18W supp...
- 10 Oct 2019
K20 pro charger support k20 any issue for k20 bettary.
- 15 Sep 2019