Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S hands-on review
The Redmi Note 10S is yet another smartphone from Xiaomi in the crowded Redmi Note 10 series. This one is being launched in India amidst three other Redmi Note 10 models, including the Redmi Note 10, the Redmi Note 10 Pro, and the Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
The Redmi Note 10S sits between the Redmi Note 10 and the Redmi Note 10 Pro, being largely identical to the Redmi Note 10 but with a better camera and chipset on paper. It is, however, closer to the Redmi Note 10 Pro in price than the Redmi Note 10, so that camera and chipset better be good to make you want to buy this phone instead of just getting the Pro model. But then again, that may be the plan.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.5x74.5x8.3mm, 179g; IP53, dust and splash protection.
- Display: 6.43" AMOLED, 450 nits (typ), 1100 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2x2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.97", 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 13 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.12µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 33W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack.
The Redmi Note 10S is also the first phone in India to launch with MIUI 12.5 out of the box. Xiaomi is calling this an "interim" version of 12.5, which means it lacks some of the features of the final release but we will just have to see about that.
The retail box isn't special by any means. It contains the usual user manuals, a USB-A to USB-C cable for data transfer and charging, a transparent silicone case, which is pretty hard to put on and remove, and a charging brick rated at 33W.
- 04 Jul 2022
Check if reading mode is ON, thing with that option is that your eyes get tired from reading so it adjust screen to be easier for reading long term
- 02 Jul 2022
No, they advertised battery capacity as 5000mAh, but it drains fast.. Doesn't feel like 3000mAh.. Tired of charging.. Drains battery about 25% within 8 hours of night, without any work..
- 02 Jul 2022
What will be the battery usage Redmi 10s is it reckamended ? Please help