Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ review
Four Redmi Note 12 models were given to the international markets. Three of them have 5G connectivity. Two of them bear the Pro moniker for premium features. One Note to rule them all - the most premium Redmi Note 12 Pro+.
There is a happy ending to this story; don't you worry. Unlike the Redmi Note 11 series, which brought mostly downgrades and disappointing performance, the Redmi Note 12 models will gladly fix this. And we are starting with the most beefed-up model - the Redmi Note 12 Pro+, which will go down in the history books for its 200MP camera, 120W fast charging, and all-around Dolby features.
Alright, no more teasing. The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ employs a 6.67-inch OLED with 120Hz refresh and Dolby Vision. A pair of Dolby Atmos speakers completes the Dolby package.
The new model is powered by the Dimensity 1080 platform, a boost of sorts over the Dimensity 920 inside the 11 Pro+. And the base version's RAM has been increased from 6GB to 8GB.
Even better, the battery capacity has been improved as well, and the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ can brag with a 5,000mAh battery, up from 4,500mAh. The phone offers one of the fastest charging solutions to date - 120W HyperCharge, which has already been proven to deliver jaw-dropping charging speed as part of the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ and other Xiaomi-made phones.
One of the most notable upgrades this year is in the camera department, the main camera specifically. Now, the best Redmi Note 12 model uses a 200MP Samsung sensor, so it can deliver unparalleled for this class photo and video quality. The 8MP ultrawide, the 2MP macro, and the 16MP selfie cameras remain the same as on the older models.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ is an IP53-rated dual-glass smartphone. The curved shape and the catchy colors are surely a nice bonus, too. It also comes with the latest MIUI, and there are all sorts of connectivity features.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ specs at a glance:
- Body: 162.9x76.0x8.9mm, 208g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back; IP53, dust and splash resistant.
- Display: 6.67" OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 900 nits (HBM), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6877V Dimensity 1080 (6 nm): Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68 MC4.
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 2.2.
- OS/Software: Android 12, MIUI 13.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 200 MP, f/1.7, 24mm, 1/1.4", 0.56µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1/4", 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps; Front camera: 1080p@30/60fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 120W wired, PD3.0, 100% in 19 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; Infrared port; 3.5mm jack; stereo speakers.
We hate to break the news to the Redmi fans, but the Redmi Note 12 Pro+, as well as the regular Pro, don't support microSD expansion. These have to be among the first global Redmi Note models to lose it, and we believe some fans might be left frustrated. Sorry.
With that being said, everything else looks promising on this new Redmi Note 12 Pro+. Let's unbox it now.
Unboxing the Redmi Note 12 Pro+
The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ arrives inside a thick white box. The bundle contains a 120W GaN charger, a USB-A-to-C cable, and a transparent soft case.
The Note 12 Pro+ also comes with a thin protective film for scratch resistance purposes. It's a smudge magnet, though, and we got rid of it but feel free to keep yours if you don't mind it.
- 14 Nov 2023
1tb Microsd are bought, not a monthly rental that can be taken from you. Maybe you forgot the OS takes up space and so will its future updates. The same with apps as well. Now we have less remaining for our files. I have a 400gb card and max for th...
- 24 Oct 2023
perhaps you've got a defective unit
- 16 Oct 2023
In Europe you can find it for less than 360€