Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime

Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime

• Hari

praveen, 20 Apr 2019Best phone, I'm using this for 3 years. Everything on this phone... moreTrue

• bitsnaps

seems available only in india.

• praveen

Best phone, I'm using this for 3 years. Everything on this phone is good. Power button and battery are only problems I faced with this mobile(it happen after 2 years only)

Here's my experience with my Redmi Note which is well over 3 years old.

The only major issue I've experienced is a glitchy power button which takes a few presses to work properly. There's a convenient workaround by turning on MIUI's quick ball, then setting one of the buttons to "long press power key".

Performance wise, since my version only has 1 gig of RAM, multitasking is a challenge. However, the phone is not laggy after a few simple tweaks: turn system animation off, limit background processes to 3, turn off auto starts for most apps, perform periodic cleanup of cache data, and rebooting once a week.

I've experienced no overheating even after extended game playing(non FPS games). The phone gets warm to around 40-42 degrees, but so does most phones.

I have the China Unicom version of the Hongmi Note with 1 GB RAM. Other specs are pretty much identical to the Indian Redmi Note Prime. It was bought in early 2015.

The device is running MIUI 9.2 stable. Besides Apple, Xiaomi is the only OEM who provides software updates for this long. I have 3 older Samsung flagships which only got updates for about 2 years even though they cost over US $700 (INR 48k).

Xiaomi deserves major props for caring about its old customers who bougut low-end phones years ago!

• vijay

so nice pic I am so use your mobail

Mansoor, 08 Nov 2017Phone doing good performance but till date no update..anyone kno... moreHere you Got the MiUi 9 baby

Mansoor, 08 Nov 2017Phone doing good performance but till date no update..anyone kno... moreJust got a new update in India miui 9220

• Mansoor

Phone doing good performance but till date no update..anyone know when update will be available

• prince

anu, 28 Sep 2017it was giving good perfomance since last yr.but now am facing wi... morefacing the same issue buddy

• anu

it was giving good perfomance since last yr.but now am facing with battery charge drain issue which was not an issue till last few months.simple apps like music player etc consume lot of power.get heated automatically without usage.can any one suggest whether the issue is ic or battery.because some days it behaves as normally

• Mukesh

when i drag a video so my video quility is worst i am not happy with sound quility

• Liz

Hello im having problems with my redmi note prime .its not charging prperly sometimes it says 100% and in a minute it goes to 3%.its the only phone that i have and i cant afford anything at the moment and it has all my work information. Help

• Irsyad Razak Malaysi

Hi, I was wondering I have this device but my younger brother been using it untill it can't even turn on. He said its been a while didn't use it or on the device. When he go to a xiaomi dealer shop said the motherboard & software need to be change. Then he ask the salesman to jump start it & resets factory setting. When I took it back tried to charge for 3 hours seem like nothing happened. Appreciate if you could advice the solutions for this since the shop ask for 1k MYR for the repair cost than sounds ridiculous to me. Thanks

• basil

I can't see my shared or download, new feed photos vedios in my phone gyalary.watt can I do to maintain this problem please help me...

where to buy one Prime or 4g

please my mobil new updat

• Vishnu jat

venky, 20 Jun 2017when switched on MI Screen coming and not go to next step.Pls pr... moreHard reset it

Gangeshwar, 23 Apr 2017Best phone Redmi note prime but not volt . I request sir give ... moreVolte support

Anonymous, 19 Jun 2017Pl.volte sport Redmi note primrVolte update please