Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Redmi Y2)

Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Redmi Y2)

Fater Ali, 29 Jan 2022The same thing happened to me... Did you find a solution?Not yet.
I've taken it for repairs.
It worked for some minutes, and the network disappeared.
I've gotten a replacement, and my little daughter is the user now.

• Abhishek

I am using this phone for 3 years and it works totally fine. I want to use it for 2 more years and then I will get a new phone.

• Bird

Mmeco, 09 Dec 2021Suddenly, my beloved S2 couldn't get mobile network. ... moreThat is due to faulty main board. My mi a2 lite has the same problem all in a sudden. I can confirm it is not due to sim or software/ firmware. I factory reseted, upgraded to newer firmware and etc.

• Fater Ali

Mmeco, 09 Dec 2021Suddenly, my beloved S2 couldn't get mobile network. ... moreThe same thing happened to me... Did you find a solution?

• ignotus87

Mmeco, 09 Dec 2021Suddenly, my beloved S2 couldn't get mobile network. ... moresimilar happened with the charging here

Suddenly, my beloved S2 couldn't get mobile network.
At first, I thought it was my SIM, but, it wasn't, as my SIM works perfectly well in other phones.
Also, the phone doesn't start charging while on. I have to turn it off before it can charge.

Don't know what else to do.

f785, 07 Dec 2020Wasn't it supposed to give us Android 10 update as wel... moreI brought this 2 years ago and still it's working amazing
I barely able to see any bugs tbh. I did change the phone this year due to the old chipset which lag gaming performance
Nevertheless it is still a good phone i will say

• Pradip Singh

Oho, 25 Jul 2021Sachiintha8 I'm using this phone since 2019. Couple d... moreRedmi y2 smartphones is waterproof or not.

Sachiintha, 18 Feb 2021Yeah, I'm planning to do it. What's the best rom ... moreVery good, Fast performance

• Oho

Sachiintha8
I'm using this phone since 2019. Couple days ago I updated to MIUI 12.0.2 .After the update performance got worst. There was a battery draining issue and total smoothness was gone. I tried to shoot a 4K video using open camera but it doesn't work and phone got freeze. Also there were some issues in multitasking. After the update it took 2.5 seconds to open WhatsApp. Before the update it was ~1 second. There were no major different between MIUI 11. Floating windows, navigation bar are not available in this phone. Anyway control center and New notification panel are awesome I like it.

Fortunately there is a way to downgrade MIUI 12 to MIUI 11. It doesn't need to unlock boot loader or any other thing. Simply you can downgrade. First download the MIUI 11.0.5 Recovery file. Then go to update setting press 10 time MIUI 12 icon , then select chose update package and select the recovery rom. Then my phone downgraded to MIUI 11.0.5. To this day Xiaomi allow to officially downgrade MIUI. That's good option.

I'm using this device near a 2 years. This is a very good device. I love it. This phone gives Premium midrange performance for a budget price. Btw the Xiaomi will stop updates for this phone in May 2021. Then you won't get any future update. Please think twice before the update. Because most of the phone companies play monopoly with their older devices.

• Neil

Anonymous, 18 Feb 2021You can have Android 10 and 11 with a custom rom, and the p... moreHow do we get Octavi is and android 11 for this phone?

• Theboss

Sachiintha, 10 Jan 2021I'm using this phone since 2019. Couple days ago I upd... moreWhere can i download that file?

armz, 10 Jun 2021i love this phone it's very simple and handy to me com... morei want to buy the phone

• armz

i love this phone it's very simple and handy to me compared to my new Redmi note 9, for me i never encountered any issue of my Redmi s2 i been still using for gaming.. Sadly didn't receive any new update the last update received its last year i know it's the end the developer to develop his update... that's all

• ivy

Trololo, 26 May 2021google play sync is bugging in my Redmi S2 😭, now my S2 RIP... moremy redmi s2 also bugs my playstore its stop downloading

google play sync is bugging in my Redmi S2 😭, now my S2 RIP and getting Samsung Galaxy A11

Is this phone get any future updates after MIUI 12.0.2.0 ?

Second, 17 Feb 2021try rooting and use custom rom. it will be little bit betterYeah, I'm planning to do it. What's the best rom for this phone.

f785, 07 Dec 2020Wasn't it supposed to give us Android 10 update as wel... moreYou can have Android 10 and 11 with a custom rom, and the phone work far better without that shitty MIUI

I personally have Android 11 with octavi OS