ZTE Blade X1 5G

ZTE Blade X1 5G

• Rodney

yeah, I never do reviews but this phone sucks. Me and my wife both have it and can't wait to get rid of them. Reception sucks, Camara freezes, and when you get a call the screen stays on and from your ear rubbing on it, it changes all the settings. Probably a proximity sensor but why should I have to keep trying to fix this thing. I've had plenty of phones this was definitely the worst

• Doc

Joey BoomBotz, 06 Mar 2022ZTE Blade X1? Sorry but NO! I have had this phone for 9 m... morehold finger on phone icon...open phone app to unfreeze

ZTE Blade X1? Sorry but NO! I have had this phone for 9 months since July 2021 and it is a nightmare. The four primary functions of a phone are phone, internet, text and camera. I have had major issues with two of these. Intermittently the phone stops receiving phone calls. A person will call, get a loooong period of silence and then straight to voicemail. On my end, no ring, no missed call notification, no record in history of call made to phone! Just a voicemail that pops up out of nowhere. Friends and family think I'm ignoring them. What good is a phone that doesn't receive calls! Visible provided a fix to this by resetting the phone/Wi-Fi app. After the reset you must reenter wifi systems and passwords. No fun. And then phone works for maybe a day or two then the issue recurs. Not good. Visible customer service is Webchat only. Slow and not fruitful. Frustrating.

Second isuue is the front camera freezes. While frozen it will not take selfies, allow video chats, or work with any facial recognition apps. This is a terrible feature to not work. I had the phone about 6 weeks when this first happened. I contacted ZTE and after much discussion we did a factory reset. This fixed the issue but two weeks later it froze again. I did another factory reset and it worked for two days. And so began a series of calls to ZTE and factory resets. Factory resets are problematic in and of themselves. Even with a clean backup there are many many things which need to be re-established in the phone to get it back to its normal operating mode. Most of you know that. Eventually, I established with the ZTE customer service that now my main problem was that I could not continue to do repeated factory resets every time the screen froze and the issue must have a more permanent fix. Finally, I agreed to mail my phone back to ZTE for evaluation and repair. I received notice from ZTE that they had received my phone and it was being processed for repair. 1 hour later I received notification that the repair was complete and they were shipping the phone back to me. I knew in my heart that the repair technician had simply done a factory reset and then said "Oh hey look it's working." And they shipped it back...FedEx ground from Texas to Reno, Nevada. I was without my phone for 12 days. And they did nothing more than a factory reset which I could have done at home. Sure enough a few hours later the screen froze again. I called ZTE customer service once again got a next level supervisor on the line and screamed bloody murder. He read the repair report and sure enough the technician had done a factory reset and noted that the front camera was now working, end of issue! NOT!The issue was having to constantly do factory resets and that issue was not fixed. The supervisor said they couldn't sit there with the phone and wait for the issue to recur so to the best of their knowledge it was fixed. He went on to talk about how this was a unique issue and they hadn't seen anything like this before. A simple Google search reveals that this is not true and I told him so. Finally ZTE agreed to replace my phone but I had to send my phone back to them again. I received my new phone in January and everything worked perfectly... until February when the front camera on the new phone also froze. ZTE simply does not know how to fix this issue so they have decided not to acknowledge that this issue exists at all. Bottom line, the ZTE Blade X1 simply does not work well especially with important features such as receiving phone calls and the front camera apps. Customer service with ZTE and Visible very difficult to deal with. Save yourself the trouble.

Ok I'm here writing this review here, in a site that I honestly didn't know existed till a hour ago, but while browsing online I came Across these reviews here for the phone I currently own and I'm using right now writing this review, and the reviews were mostly horrible! Heck if I didn't own one and was thinking of buying one and I saw these reviews, I'd be terrified to purchase it. But as it is, I've owned this phone now for ...... (Let me go check my visible account to exact date ...... Got it!) Over 7 months. I got it in the beginning on May. We're in December now. And this phone has been used heavily, daily, and has been blowing me away! I had a nieces wedding in the Summer, my whole family told me how freaking good n sharp my pics looked. Which phone was it?? A ZTE, A what??! So I have no idea what these people here are talking about, sounds like they either got a defective product, which happens with any brand or product almost. Or they're making it up. But my selfie camera works perfectly, I tested now to make sure after reading these reviews, I switched back n forth from back to front cameras. No glitch! Switched perfectly! My screen works perfectly, all 100% of it! And I've fallen and dropped it and banged it, God knows how many times. So idk what these reviews are about. I'm going 7 months of perfect smooth fast phone. And the hardware in it should tell you just that. It's the best hardware avail in even phones priced double than this. The only thing it comes up a little short in maybe. Is that it doesn't really have full 5G like The Samsung n apples etc do. It only has one type of 5G band, where as those have 2 (nm, and something else. Idk exactly) but still, even only this one supposedly weaker 5g band that this does have is giving me speeds WAY faster than 4G. So I guess it's good enough for me. But everywhere else this has not fallen short of any other phones costing double this does.
So please don't believe these outages wild claims in these horrible reviews. It's A GREAT phone!

• RUSH

Seems that I am having some of the same problems as far as some of the screen portions, more so the bottom 3rd, not working and the selfie camera not working at all(it goes to that screen but it freezes there, nothing, absolutely nothing on the screen works).
Yes the specs are pretty impressive on paper for the $360 I paid for but the more I use it the more it fails. Seems the paper the specs are on is of the toilet paper variety.

• Rush

mcbreeden, 04 Oct 2021I bought this phone from Yahoo mobile and transitioned to V... moreHello. I am having the same problem......Any updates? Thanks!

• DanEnzmann

Purchased from Visible because it's 5G. Did not automatically change to 5G when near the antenna mast. Did not indicate 4 bars when one foot from 3 home cellular repeaters. I had the ZTE in one hand and a Samsung 10 in the other. I do not recommend because of the inability to provide reception that the Samsung did. It has great features, but ALL phones should be radio transceivers. This one performed poorly at what would seem to be its primary function.

• mcbreeden

I bought this phone from Yahoo mobile and transitioned to Visible. About 3 months into using the phone my selfie Camera started freezing up. Clearing cache only allowed you to use rear camera until you switched back to selfie which froze the camera again. I've sent the camera back to ZTE 3 times. The 1st time they reset the phone and "updated" software. It worked for about 2 weeks or less and froze again. The 2nd time I reset the phone before sending it to them and they sent it back to me because they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Less than 2 weeks later it started freezing again. If you reset the phone to factory settings with no apps installed it will work for awhile longer. On the 3rd return they sent me a new phone. (refurbished) and it last all of a week before the new phone Selfie Camera froze on me. There is something wrong with this phone and the camera is one of the top 3 most important things about a phone. It's not worth the headache, I'm seeing more and more posts of other people suffering the same fate.

• Greg

Bought this phone through Visible. It was their least expensive 5G phone yet still had impressive specs. The camera cache has to be cleared every time you switch from the rear camera to the front and back again to fix the crash, and it does forget the bottom 5th of the screen every now and again. I fix that by moving around icons then putting them back. It is going back for warranty repair as the proximity sensor crapped out. It is a nice phone when it works, but it isn't nearly as reliable as the Samsung phones I've had over the years. I've only had it for 3.5 months. Not the best reliability.

• Sinn

Trash phone. Good camera but thats the only redeeming quality. Occasionally just forgets about the bottom 1/4 of the screen (button presses just randomly stop working in that area) it looses connection with and shows no bars in a place where wives phone shows 3. Apps dont actually close but remain open in the background, wont read a SD card to save its life. Ended up going through 6 of them including the one I originally had in my phone. Ended up accidentally wiping 6 years of phone pics. Never did end up reading an SD card. This phone is pure and utter trash garbage stay away!

• Havoc

I bought this phone through Yahoo Mobile which is on the Verizon network. About a week after getting it set up it dropped mobile service. I restarted it and it connected again. From that point on it would drop service about once a week and I'd have to restart it to get connected again.
Yahoo was sold and is dropping it's mobile phone division in 2 months. They recommended switching to the Visible phone service. I did that yesterday and got the phone switched to that sim card. It connected and I was good to go. Today it dropped service again and I can't get it to reconnect no matter how many times I restart it. Going to have to exchange it or get a refund after only 4 months of ownership...

• Tony K

I have Visible Wireless. The Blade X1 5g phone is $360 on their website. I got one and it is a fantastic phone. The camera is really good for being on a phone. I can take pro style pix without having to get my DSLR camera out.

• Rick

Can anyone provide the nits?

Anonymous, 04 Feb 2021Where are the good specs?For the amount of the phone trust me no one else can touch these specs, and once you use it there is no going back to sub par phones by other companies. Samsung sucks balls compared to the price point of this phone and for 5G good God almighty I don't know how they do it.

• TimeShallTell

This phone is great for its price. The 765 processor is snappy and fast. The only small thing that I've noticed after using this device is that ZTE didn't make the phone know how to properly manage RAM and the phone will sometimes crash. 128GB ROM 6GB RAM. I would like to say that the phone is a flagship killer, but that's not the case with this phone. As mentioned above, the phone will sometimes crash due to little or no RAM management. As with other ZTE phones that I've used in the past, the phone will most likely be stuck on the same version of Android it has shipped with.

joe nodden, 17 Mar 2021No I'm comparing the western pricing of the K40 to thi... moreInteresting the cheapest k40 I found was over 460$ and it ships from china.

ponk87, 16 Mar 2021Actually it is because what you are comparing is chinese pr... moreNo I'm comparing the western pricing of the K40 to this thing's pricing. I would know, seeing as I live in the US and bought a K40 for $400.

"Price About 320 EUR"

"320 Euro equals
380.91 United States Dollar"

joe nodden, 04 Mar 2021Buddy it costs practically the same as the K40. This ain�... moreActually it is because what you are comparing is chinese pricing of the k40 compared to this phone western pricing. The k40 won't be 320€ probably closer to 400€ at the cheapest.

Anonymous, 03 Mar 2021Cheap 5g device. It works pretty well, actually. Buddy it costs practically the same as the K40. This ain't cheap.

joe nodden, 28 Jan 2021Overpriced as hell trash. Plastic? A 765G? Over 300 euros? ... moreCheap 5g device. It works pretty well, actually.