Huawei Ascend P1

Huawei Ascend P1

Super liar brand with no upgrade

• 2014-08-21 13:28
  • IV${
  • mastermind

I have had my Huawei ascend p1 since December 2012. It is still great for me. The internet browsing speed, graphic quality and all other features are functioning well.Like all other smartphones,however, performance does also depend on the memory and overloading your mobile with apps you never use. I still find it as the bargain it was when I bought it.

• 2014-08-21 08:05
  • N9rT
  • Chelsea Afriyie Sarp

I have a huawei p1 and is not working it got off suddenly

• 2014-08-20 14:11
  • fsTy
  • P1

planned update to 4.2.2, they are all liers.

• 2014-08-09 23:18
  • 3S%p
  • crorkz

> In reply to amal @ 2014-07-31 17:15 from rAMr - click to readkKoWB6 I am so grateful for your post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

• 2014-08-05 00:41
  • 6vAs
  • amal

after connection with computer my sd card is not detecting automatically...i want to restart my handset to access my files..its a defect in this handset...

• 2014-07-31 17:15
  • rAMr
  • mtmleo

HUAWEI you must upgrade this phone to jelly been 4.2 we are waiting since long time

• 2014-07-21 15:35
  • 6PHd
  • SetsuGhey

> In reply to SetsuGhey @ 2014-07-01 08:35 from IWNE - click to readAdding on because I forgot to mention:

When I said the camera was great, I meant the BACK CAM only. AF and HD video is great.
But the front cam is really bad. After half a year - one year, the front cam became very foggy possibly because of the dust accumulating INSIDE the lens. No amount of wiping can get it off, unless you prise the screen off and give it a good wipe. Which is virtually impossible. The pics taken with front cam are really bad. Take note for ppl with selfie addiction.

• 2014-07-01 08:46
  • IWNE
  • SetsuGhey

I've been using this phone for close to two years now. Recently changed phone. I wouldn't recommend getting it even though pure android operating system is very tempting. Some problems I've encountered:

1. After 1 year usage, the power button becomes damaged after frequent unlocking/locking the screen. (To get around this problem, I downloaded proximity sensor app) It is a big hassle to power on and off. And if you're a screenshot addict like me, you're gonna feel the pain.

2. Not stable under fluctuations in ambient temperature. Went to Taiwan in winter and phone kept shutting down and refused to power on. Returned to sg and problem persisted for a few days.

3. SIM card often not detected. Have to keep removing and reslotting the card back in. Not very often it happens but when it does, it will keep occurring for a while.

Other than the above problems, I'm satisfied with it. The camera is of great quality, the pure android is awesome and it is freaking lightweight. It has great aesthetics too. However, unless Huawei upgrades their hardware, I'm never getting a Huawei phone again.

• 2014-07-01 08:35
  • IWNE
  • george

my phone can't use 3G network.someone else for help?

• 2014-06-23 12:03
  • vL5M
  • Allwynd

i have had this phone for over a year, i got it on May 2013 and i had it up till today when the battery exploded and took the device internals and my SIM card with it, at least i managed to save my microSD card :D

the phone was working fine for a couple of months, then it started getting really slow, i had to do frequent memory wipes, factory resets and what-not just so i can have it running as it should for a week or so, till it gets clogged again for no reason

this morning i was playing a game called Celtic Heroes and i noticed the phone got really heated so i stopped playing and left my phone only to see some steaming coming out of the back speaker and some weird smell that turned to be lithium evaporating in the air, i immediately tossed my phone on the floor and after a second there was a boom and the back got detached and my floor got a nice sexy black spot :D

• 2014-06-19 14:42
  • SY5x
  • earthlight

> In reply to tom @ 2014-05-01 11:24 from vV5y - click to readI definitely agree with youu about the upgrade to JB. I was even made to list my cellphone number and e-mail add on a huawei form indicating that they would contact me when the upgrade is available, and that is very soon. A year passed and not a word from them.
But i concede that the phone is really good especially the display and the camera which are very vivid even in direct sunlight.
The only thing is, I can't move apps to SD card. It has no provision on its app settings for that. I tried downloading apps to play store but none works because of the phone limitation.

• 2014-06-19 05:38
  • vxjC
  • null14

Why is this phone have a bad comments,
I used this phone almost a year now my overall review is excellent i thnk its not a cheap device, compare to sony xperia c hmm!

• 2014-06-18 07:34
  • K7gV

Camera no good.....imagine doesnt appear to be 8mp

• 2014-06-04 07:34
  • 7wn0
  • Santosh

Have U9202L-1 model. I want to connect it with Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth headset. But on searching my HAP1 does not show this device. Though it shows on my other mobile phones.How do I connect HAP1 with this bluetooth device?

• 2014-05-12 13:26
  • tE$9
  • rahulg007

iam using this phone.....exp is just awesome its screen and video recording is its top features.....:) and it has good looking body too...! just loved it :)

• 2014-05-09 14:35
  • vbPb
  • John

I want to buy this phone...but to experts only n the ones who own the phone does this phone really posess a dual led flash xenon flash or led flash

• 2014-05-08 18:10
  • N7Dq
  • tom

A very good brand and phone but also a good liar brand saying empty word to buyer's that's can upgrading jelly bean since long time ago, now is p7, forget bout p1

• 2014-05-01 11:24
  • vV5y
  • Asha Asha Asha

No joke, my Ascend P1 was great until it made a popping sound and the screen went white. It restarted. Never using it again :((

• 2014-04-29 06:37