iPhone 5s outsells the Galaxy S4 to top the charts in October

12 December, 2013
iPhone 5s sales boom in China, making Apple the top smartphone seller in the world.

Sort by:

  • arp007

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-12-15 16:11 from p771 - click to readLOL

Samsung sold over 450 million smartphones. Use web better.

EDIT: The wrong that most of you make and will never realize is that Samsung's policy is not the same as Apple's. Apple when a new model is launched they stop manufacturing the old ones. Like now you can find in Apple stores only 5C and 5S.
Samsung still ships Note 2, S3, S3 mini etc

P.S. And who said that Samsung wants to outsell iPhone with a single smartphone? Did you happen to have the media release from Samsung saying that?

Can't you see that Samsung has the highest share in phones/smartphones?

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-16 11:30
  • MyGp
  • bindle

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-12-15 16:11 from p771 - click to readI heard something similar, and I agree with you, there hasn't been people waiting months for S4s, but I know for a fact that there was a long waiting list for the 5S. On the day the 5S was released here where I am, I went to the iStore at about 11am and they had already sold 50 5S, they opened at 9, thats 25 per hour.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 17:12
  • rvbW
  • bindle

> In reply to arp007 @ 2013-12-15 14:56 from MyGp - click to readI didn't just say yes, and I didn't claim that iPhone or any other phone for that matter outsells any other phone. What I'm saying is that when it comes to a survey, how can you say whether it's accurate or not? Even if you know who conducted the survey, again, how do you know they did it right? But if Samsung fans have this attitude of questioning things when Samsung gets out sold, they must then have the same attitude when Samsung S5 outsells iPhone 5S or whatever in future, they must again question the accuracy of the survey. That is fair.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 17:01
  • rvbW
  • Duel

> In reply to arp007 @ 2013-12-15 14:56 from MyGp - click to read"However, the Bloomberg report noted, in passing, at its very end a comment made by Samsung's mobile chief Shin Jong Kyun, who outlined at the investor event (as portrayed on Samsung's slide below) that "the company will sell a combined 100 million units of its Galaxy S and Note series handsets this year."

Last year Apple sold 150 million iPhones and this year its something like 200 million.

So far (after last q numbers) this year Apple have already sold 150 million iPhones.

Satisfied?

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 16:11
  • p771
  • Duel

"In a meeting with its concerned investors on Wednesday, the head of Samsung Mobile revealed numbers illustrating that the company sold fewer high end smartphones than Apple this year, and that only about a third of the company's total "smartphone" shipments are of a class really comparable to the iPhone. "

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 16:02
  • p771
  • arp007

> In reply to bindle @ 2013-12-15 00:00 from rv3Z - click to readYou are the one who has the claim (that iPhone outsells all high-end smartphones of Samsung combined) so you have to provide enough evidence to support your claim. You cannot just say yes.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 14:56
  • MyGp
  • bindle

> In reply to arp007 @ 2013-12-14 21:02 from MyGp - click to readIf someone gave you a source of the survey, what qualifications do you have to say whether it's right or wrong? And don't start with something relating to 'online' because that's not what I'm asking - how can you conclusively prove that this survey is right or wrong, or that the sources are good or bad?

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-15 00:00
  • rv3Z
  • arp007

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-12-14 12:39 from p771 - click to readDon't just say yes. Give your source. You will never provide such source because it does not. The question was rhetorical.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 21:02
  • MyGp
  • bindle

> In reply to Ryo Saeba @ 2013-12-14 07:52 from Q$QW - click to readI still feel that Android can do a lot better. I was an Android user and fan, until I went over and tried iOS, honestly I don't feel stuck ever, in fact I feel like iOS is a step up from Android. I like Android but for me iOS is a new level. I don't know what Kitkat is like, maybe it's amazing, but that's still to be tested by time. And also don't be fooled, Apple users aren't stuck with an iphone, if you can afford an iPhone you can afford an Android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 20:05
  • rv3Z
  • The Fibonacci

S4 sales slowed down because the Note 3 was announced, its not like the 5s is killin it. Its just that Samsung has 2 flagship phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 19:47
  • thHn
  • RLE

No doubt S4 offers good value for money...But the build quality on S4 is rubbish in comparison to IPhones. I see so many customers come back into the store complaining about the device for defective screens defective batteries etc.
Also if you want hardware thats outdated within 6 months then android phones are the way to go :D

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 15:32
  • Mx@E
  • Duel

> In reply to arp007 @ 2013-12-14 08:53 from MyGp - click to read"Does iPhone outsell all of them combined?"

Yes, well i dont know how galaxy mini sells, but iPhone outsell those samsung hi-end phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 12:39
  • p771
  • arp007

There is no worst comparison one can make. Samsung has many top phones. S4, S4 Active, Note 3, perhaps S4 mini. Samsung wants to satisfy every one so they broke down what Apple has in one phone to many. Does iPhone outsell all of them combined?

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 08:53
  • MyGp
  • Khris

This is bad. Galaxy s4 is way better in all aspects.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 08:35
  • kx{u
  • Ryo Saeba

> In reply to beCool @ 2013-12-13 05:57 from Mmp3 - click to readActually, there are thousands of tweaks for jailbroken iPhones that try to mimic the functions of Android before iOS 7. Ability to change icons/themes, toggles in notification, connect the dots lock screen, lock screen widgets, unlock directly to apps, etc etc etc.

Problem with iPhone users is that they are stuck to one phone and one system. They don't have choices. They eat whatever Apple throws at them. They have to. So they try to defend it no matter how absurd their arguments are.

Until Jelly bean though, Android phones really weren't that good. But now, there is no reason not to try Android. At this point, people buy iPhones because of the logo. Not because of it's functions.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 07:52
  • Q$QW
  • Shootergod

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-13 16:39 from HI86 - click to readWell, S4 is better than both 4S and 5 but not 5S and when it came out it outsell iphone5 :) newer phone sells better for those manufacturers I think.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-14 05:06
  • YPbd
  • bindle

Of course the tables will turn again, and Apple won't be upset just like Samsung isn't upset now. This kind of thing, competition like this, is good, because this way you know that the various manufacturers are doing their best to be tops. If there was only one manufacturer then all phones would be like a 3310 because there would be no need to impress anyone or even try and sell the product. But this way, with these companies always trying to out do each other and always trying to be number one, it creates a situation where they all do their best to create their best, so that they can sell, and ultimately stay alive. So instead of siding with companies, be on the side of 'consumers' and let the manufacturers be on their side, let them compete, let them fight, because at the end of the day, it's us that they're trying to impress, :).

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-13 21:53
  • rv3Z
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Fruitcake @ 2013-12-13 16:04 from gA9F - click to readNothing special with S5, it would look as the same as the s4 with a different cheat set.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-13 19:46
  • v0qJ
  • Duel

> In reply to Fruitcake @ 2013-12-13 16:04 from gA9F - click to readI remember you samsung fanboys talking about this same before sgs4. Well did sgs4 outsell iPhone 5? NO

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-13 19:15
  • nTk1
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Cicero @ 2013-12-13 11:41 from p3EZ - click to readYeah.S4 is better than 4s but not better than 5s.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-13 16:39
  • HI86