Samsung S7070 Diva preview: First look
The Samsung S7070 Diva is a style-conscious phone with a fairly standard front but with a very distinct 3D quilted pattern shape on the back panel. It marks the start of a new product family of female oriented style-driven phones in Samsung portfolio. The signature back pattern is complemented by the diamond back key dead center below the display.
The phone has been obviously designed with young women in mind and offers Facebook and MySpace integration and other social network applications. Other features such as the stereo FM radio and a 3 MP fixed-focus camera with smile shot and up to ISO 800 sensitivity will keep active young people entertained all day long.
Samsung S7070 Diva at a glance
- General: GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz, GPRS/EDGE class 12
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar, no keypad
- Dimensions: 101.0 x 54.8 x 13.4 mm, 94 g
- Display: 2.8-inch capacitive TFT touchscreen, QVGA resolution (240 x 320 pixels)
- Platform: Latest TouchWiz UI
- Memory: 40MB, Non-hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 8GB)
- Camera: 3 megapixel fixed focus camera with Smile shot, face detection, blink detection, Beauty Effect and Lomo Effect
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, USB v.2.0
- Misc: Accelerometer sensor for turn to mute, FM radio with RDS and broadcast recording, DNSe sound effect, Gesture lock, Pop-up SNS for Facebook, MySpace and Twitter integration, Wish list
- Battery: 960 mAh battery
The Samsung S7070 is certainly not your ordinary handset. The pearly white paint job and the 3D quilted back are two things that do a lot to set it apart - not to mention the gem-inspired Back key below the screen. It's certainly a treat for the ladies - an attempt to liven up things in the lower range of the touchscreen market.
Now we did have a sneak peek of the Samsung S7070 some 10 days ago before it was even announced but now that Samsung officially unveiled it, it's time for a proper introduction. Join us on the next page for a full body inspection of this sizzling hot babe.