Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)

Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)

Even though this thing is way out of my price range, this iPad is really incredible. That 120HZ display is amazing. It puts any other tablet to shame. Someone I know has this, and its display blows me away. It makes the most simple tasks look... beautiful. You really have to go experience it for yourself.

I’m on the iPadOS beta, and typing this with the swiping keyboard function, while minimized. There’s mouse support now. Multi-windows is more functional. I’m even using the three-finger cut-paste function. Dark mode is overrated, but appreciated. Haha, I know - about time.

I have yet to use the thumb drive functionality to transfer fillers between my Note8. I love the side widgets section on the left of my main screen. Overall, I must say Apple has stepped up with how to better the iPad.

iPad Pro 12.9 2018 or Microsoft Surface Pro 6?

batbrand, 26 Jun 2019since it doesn't have 3.5mm jack, what kind of wired earphones d... moreThe simplest way is to get a 3.5mm jack to USB-C dongle and use your normal headphone jack earphones or use other company's USB-C earphones.

• batbrand

since it doesn't have 3.5mm jack, what kind of wired earphones does it support? lightining? type C?

Apple is taking it into the good direction with the iPad Pro 2018: USB-C instead of Lightning

cynicalistic, 17 Jun 2019I want to ask you did you see ipad OS new os? what is your imp... moreYou got to admit, Apple stepped up and made iPadOS very compelling... We will have mouse connection, direct USB flash drive access, true files management, Apple Pencil with decreased latency, more multi- screen functions as second functional screen for Macbooks, and true desktop browsers that will be able to download.

I see myself using a lot the multi- floating windows. Netflix already can do floating window function, and these make sense with the 12.9" that I'm using. The mouse functionality is most welcomed for my writing, especially I'm set to produce a book on drawing.

These functions aren't new with Windows or Android tablets, but these levels up the iPad Pro even better, with great battery life. They're coming by September, but they're not something I need immediately for using for drawing as my main work.

I just wish I gotten the 512 GB, now that I set myself using it for producing a lot of video editing.

David, 16 Jun 2019It’s more than twice as fast as the MacBook Pro 13 2018 and wit... moreHmmmm. Impressive.

• cynicalistic

7h3N319hb0r, 14 Jun 2019What is it you do?I want to ask you did you see ipad OS new os?
what is your impression?

• David

Rickt, 14 Jun 2019Someone have iPad Pro with 1 TB and 6 GB of RAM??? How fast is it???It’s more than twice as fast as the MacBook Pro 13 2018 and without cooling system.its killing the MacBook Pro easily the only thing is that Mac OS is missing on iPad

Someone have iPad Pro with 1 TB and 6 GB of RAM??? How fast is it???

Julian M, 14 Jun 2019No doubt this thing is potent and well built, what kills me is t... moreWhat is it you do?

• Julian M

No doubt this thing is potent and well built, what kills me is that it's supposed to be a laptop replacement for getting things done and yet everybody talks about gaming potency and media consumption - which are already largely covered by cheaper iPad models (overall slower than this one, but everything gets done all the same).

cynicalistic, 09 Jun 2019in the end an ipad is not a need for me unless it takes full pc ... moreDifferent tools, different uses. I don't need to crunch 3D renderings on a daily basis, nor do I need to play my PC games. I thought I needed the Surface Book, but when I tried out, it does not do well for drawing digitally on the go. Not as fluid as the iPad Pro with Procreate.

You don't need any of the the iPads, don't get one.

• cynicalistic

7h3N319hb0r, 25 May 2019We know. I still have a laptop for heavy stuff like rendering, a... morein the end an ipad is not a need for me unless it takes full pc replacement

• Summer

I like this one for my gaming needs

cynicalistic, 18 May 2019go for corei7 laptop..We know. I still have a laptop for heavy stuff like rendering, and gaming. But again, iPad Pro is for specific light uses, and some even for 4K video editing (my iPhone XS can do the same). That’s 60fps. That’s 11GB worth of file for 20 minutes of 4K footage.

go for corei7 laptop..

• TENGBORLENG

Been using the tablet for quite sometime now and I must say its a solid device specially with the type C port. Screen, and speakers are fantastic.

How I wish, next iOS update brings support to mouse and can read flash drives properly. It would also be goo thing if they can throw in a proper file manager as well.

Might as well get at least an XR instead. I heard numerous complaints about the wifi disconnecting on last gen iPhones. The XS actually has faster LTE that matches the Note8/S8. News about iOS13 is that it would also support wired mouse support along with that multi-window support. Their obvious attempt to sell the expensive $70 USB/TypeC dongle instead of bluetooth connection - I already have that dongle anyway.