Apple iPhone 3G

Apple iPhone 3G

i love iPhone OS 3.0

• Mv619

Gwaka, 16 Mar 2009Is there anyone who knows how to forward texts from the iPhone 3G?There r a few apps available for fixing this problem

• Mv619

• Pepsi

Sir Josiah, 17 Mar 2009Agreed. Two of the first iPhones I ever sold were to a couple wh... moreI'm also overjoyed at the fact there will be no more MMS and bluetooth complaints. I don't think my keyboard could handle any more face rolls due to nerd rage.

• Sir Josiah

Pepsi, 17 Mar 2009There are some unhappy iPhone users. However, they are the st... moreAgreed. Two of the first iPhones I ever sold were to a couple who returned them because it wouldn't bluetooth files, and it wasn't as if we didn't tell them. People just heard what they wanted to hear. It actually got so bad my boss and I drew up a sheet with the things iPhones can't do and made customers read and sign it before we would contract them.

I am quite looking forward to selling a lot more iPhones now that Apple have cracked another whole market niche... mainly that of Nokia aficionados who can't live without their bluetooth and MMS.

Sir Josiah

And now there is no excuse for those stupid comments that I have answered a million times about MMS and bluetooth. It truly is a joyous occasion.

• Sir Josiah

Sir Josiah

• Pepsi

Anonymous, 17 Mar 2009Get lost !diot they sold 18 million units to 18 million happy usersThere are some unhappy iPhone users.

However, they are the stup!d ones who did no research about it before they bought it and did not realise the functions it didn't have.

Those people normally have an IQ of less than 70 so I guess they don't really count.

Anonymous, 17 Mar 2009iphone sucks, it is the worst phone ever, the camera is only a 2... moreGet lost !diot they sold 18 million units to 18 million happy users

Apple today hosted a preview event for its upcoming iPhone OS 3.0, highlighting a few of over 1,000 new APIs for developers and over 100 new features for users. Full details are available in our live updates, but here are some of the highlights:

- In-App Purchasing: Allows developers to sell additional content from within applications. Highlighted uses include magazine subscriptions, eBooks, additional levels and items for games.
- Peer-to-Peer Connectivity: Find other devices running the app via Bonjour over Wi-Fi of Bluetooth. Good for gaming, but also other applications for sharing data.
- Third-Party Accessory Apps: Allowing accessory manufacturers to create applications to interface with their hardware accessories.
- Push Notification: Rather than using background processes that hamper battery life, utilize third-party server to push badge, text, and audio alerts from applications.
- Turn by Turn: Apple will allow developers to use CoreLocation for turn-by-turn GPS directions.
- Cut, Copy and Paste: Available across all apps. Shake to undo or redo.
- Landscape keyboard: Available in all key applications, including Mail.
- MMS: Picture messaging now available.
- Voice Memos: Record notes, lectures, interviews, etc.
- Spotlight Search: Available across all applications. Systemwide search available from main home screen by flicking to the left.
- A2DP Bluetooth: Support for stereo bluetooth headsets.

• Pepsi

Anonymous, 17 Mar 2009The most stupid thing EVER put in a phone. A shortcut on Noki... morelol, haven't heard that one before.

Reminds me of the silent key though. People coming in not knowing why their phone is making no noise. If they bothered to read the manual they might have saved themselves a trip to the shops.

The ones that never fail to amaze me would have to be the people who don't realise you have to CHARGE the phone. Then they bring it back accusing you of selling them a broken phone, then blame you for not telling them the battery doesn't last forever on only one charge.

Pepsi, 17 Mar 2009Well of course, everything is your fault. If the sun expanded to... moreThe most stupid thing EVER put in a phone.

A shortcut on Nokia phones where holding down the '#' key switched the phone to line 2, which doesn't exist, so the phone would stop receiving calls.

If I had a dollar for every time I fixed that one (which was our fault btw), I'd be very rich.

• Pepsi

Anonymous, 17 Mar 2009I used to work in an area with a high Lebanese population, when ... moreWell of course, everything is your fault. If the sun expanded to twice its size and self combusted I'm pretty sure that would also be your fault!

The joys of retail

Pepsi, 17 Mar 2009Don't think I've ever had that, but I've had many experiences th... moreI used to work in an area with a high Lebanese population, when Israel was bombing the sh*t out of Lebanon and calls and messages stopped going through, it was obviously OUR fault and had nothing to do what was happening at the other end.

• Pepsi

Anonymous, 17 Mar 2009The worst mistake I ever made was selling 2 WinMo based phone's ... moreDon't think I've ever had that, but I've had many experiences that come close.

People from other networks coming to our network to ask questions about their network which is our competitor.

People who don't know how bluetooth works, how a camera works, how to turn their phone off.

My favourite, someone once asked why they couldn't call with their iPod.

The fact people like this are working in our hospitals, teaching our children, operating our planes is what scares me most

• Tapan

Gwaka, 16 Mar 2009Is there anyone who knows how to forward texts from the iPhone 3G?There is currently no support for SMS forwarding. However, if you check GSM Arena's home page, it discusses the new features that will be available via a 3.0 firmware update. SMS forwarding is a part of this update.

iphone sucks, it is the worst phone ever, the camera is only a 2MP n whats with only a 8GB or 16GB memory they should of expanded it with a slot that could put 8GB of memory, all the phone is a waste of money n if u break it u have 2 pay up 2 like $600, they should of also put a removable battery

• newmacgeek.com

iPhone 3.0 update announced and it is HUGH apple FTW!

For the low down on the update check this out!-

Cheers

Whoohoo, Apple just gave me a new phone!

They added over a hundred new features with update 3.

Old iPhones miss out on a few.

• iphonerocks

FW 3.0 for iPhone, wooooottttt. Can't wait for this new firmware. iPhone, simply the best...Feels like Christmas.

And here it is so the trolls can shut up :
11:12 PT - DM: Which, coincidetally Scott has called "Messages" and here's why. Messages app now can forward and delete messages, either individual or multiple messages. But the BIG news is support for MMS. Not quite as much applause as for copy and paste, but it's pretty good. You can now send and receive photos, contacts (using vCard standard, and automatically add it to your contact list), audio files, and locations. All of this is in the existing application.