Apple iPhone 6s

Apple iPhone 6s

AnonD-1825, 17 Jan 2016I have disabled email fetch, not sure how much that does. Wit... moreI again tried the past night and the stand by turned out to be still not too impressive. This time around I disabled many things. Immediately after 100% charge I did following and put the phone on rest:

-- turned low battery mode on
-- changed email "fetch" to "manual" for all the accounts
-- dissbled background refresh for all the apps
-- few more tweaks here and there

Having done all this, I still got a drop of 6% in 11 hours which is rather unimpressive given that so much was disabled.

I do not have wifi access in my room. And I have just switched back to 2G from 3G because of excessive data bill the past month. Im sure the phone is not looking for any other network while on standby since I have explicitly marker 2G as the only available network. Not sure whats going on.

I love everything in this phone except its weight!

ethereal, 17 Jan 2016That's astonishing! Are you sure about that? Have you enabled... moreI have disabled email fetch, not sure how much that does.

With iPad i have 30 min fetch for Mail and standby time is still great.

Maybe you have bad connection and your phone try to find LTE all the time and that ruins your battery, or do you use wifi most of time? I use.

Only 1715 mah battery!!!!!! is that a joke?

ethereal, 17 Jan 2016That's astonishing! Are you sure about that? Have you enabled... moreBy the way other than the iCloud account I have configured two separate gmail accounts to *fetch* emails every hour. Does that make much difference in lower standby times? 15% is really a bad figure I believe.

Also, if my unit is actually faulty what should I do about it? Visit the apple store and ask for a replacement? I am not sure whether they still have a policy (in India) to replace the faulty unit right away rather than repairing it. Just being on the safe side I already bought a separate replacement warranty to have the faulty unit replaced rather than repaired. So will that help?

AnonD-1825, 17 Jan 2016Clearly flawed unit Standby time with Apple products are grea... moreThat's astonishing!

Are you sure about that? Have you enabled/disabled any settings to achieve that sort of standby or getting that figure all out of the box?

ethereal, 17 Jan 2016Not sure how you are getting still 60% left at the end of the da... moreClearly flawed unit

Standby time with Apple products are great, usually i lost 1-2% at night

• Chas basil

Hey guys ,I wish to buy Iphone6s .Will there be any problem when I purchase the phone from Singapore and use it in India.someone give me a reply please guys

Buddy, 17 Jan 2016So far so good. First time Apple user here. Exceeds my expectati... moreNot sure how you are getting still 60% left at the end of the day with LTE on the whole day.

The stand by times are worse though. Mine dropped from 93% (at 1.00 am) to straight 79% (at 9.31 am) in just 8.30 hours while on stand by. Thats a 14% drop.

• Buddy

So far so good. First time Apple user here. Exceeds my expectation. I can even let my LTE on for the whole day and stil be at 60% with Spotify on

• Johnny

2.4Ghz Wifi = Decent
5Ghz = Decent if your close (Like in the house or right infront.) , beyond that
it either purposefully hides it from the list or it actually can't pick it up ; I do not know which.
Because , my router doesnt do 5Ghz so i cant truely confirm.

• gautam chauhan

justforbusiness, 14 Jan 2016Phones now a days are disasters in terms or hardware quality.. g... moreBest camera 6s

Kindly suggest iPhone 6S or 6S Plus in terms of battery usage. Currently using iPhone 5 and need to charge it 2-3 times a day. and max usage is 3G sync of data and calls.pls provide solution for it.

ethereal, 16 Jan 2016Lots of whatspp - Not quite. Rather very occasional. But I d... moreMy brightness is around 35%

AnonD-1825, 16 Jan 2016Web browsing, facebook and lot of whatsapp Usually my pure u... moreLots of whatspp - Not quite. Rather very occasional.

But I do a lot of surfing and looks like it is consuming 16% of my battery every one hour while browsing and screen is all time on with brightness set to about a quarter of max available.

This way it only translates to about 6.5 hours of continuous usage (surfing) on full charge before it finally dies in my case. Again this is about only a half of the endurance value that the gsma assessed for the browsing part. My question is do you also get similar numbers while browsing? Thanks

But i do a lot of surfing and looks like it is consuming 12% of battery an hour while browsing and screen is all time on with brightness set to about a quarter of max available.

This transltes to only about 8 hours of continuous

ethereal, 15 Jan 20161.5 days sounds too good to me. Whats your usage pattern by the ... moreWeb browsing, facebook and lot of whatsapp

Usually my pure usage time is around 6-7 hours which gives me overall 1,5 day. I have never needed to recharge my phone during the day, with earlier 5s i had to do that, but with 6s no problem.

Anonymous, 15 Jan 2016All I can say about the nexus 6p is if you purchase a tempered g... moreThanks for your advice dude! I already ended up buying few though, the moment after I ordered the device itself. Here are the cases that I have ordered as per my liking:

Spigen Nexus 6P Case Rugged Armor Black SGP11797
Spigen Nexus 6P Case Neo Hybrid EX Gunmetal SGP11823

And the glass:

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector "Glas.tR SLIM" SGP11795

Everything off amazon. Thanks for the headsup on the sensor thingy though! I am sure that the one that I ordered doesn't have a separate cutout for the same. So I might need to buy one.

AnonD-451592, 15 Jan 2016Thanks,I was planning to make a command for one,but after what y... moreThe G4 was a good phone but I felt was missing the fingerprint scanner. I think this years G5 will be the android device to get as it will more than likely be the only flagship device left that a user can change the battery over and have expandable memory storage. I did and still do think the lg had the best camera on a smartphone due to the manual options. Let's hope the snapdragon 820 is not a flop.

AnonD-1825, 15 Jan 2016I get 1,5day battery average. what the use stats shows when your... more1.5 days sounds too good to me. Whats your usage pattern by the way? In my case its browser 75% of the time and some whatsapp and phone call for rest of the time. Heres how my usage looks like: