Asus P320

Asus P320

• Prashant

m@yur, 18 Aug 2008hey prashant also how bout a2dp and wifi as i am planning to use... moreHi Mayur, I have compared the ASUS P320 with the HTC Touch in details a few pages back, but in short, the P320 seems like a better buy since it has an in-built GPS receiver for the same price as the Touch (11-12K INR). I have P527 which sells for around 14-15K these days, but don't know about the F480.

As for WiFi and A2DP, they both work fine on this device, and so does Skype using VOIP on WiFi - the voice quality is pretty crisp on most days.

• m@yur

hey prashant also how bout a2dp and wifi as i am planning to use some voip software for ip calls will skpype be able to run smoothly on it?? and if yes how will be the call quality??

• m@yur

Prashant, 18 Aug 2008Yes, you can create as well as edit Word & Excel documents, whil... morethanks for the prompt reply prashant i m really in a fix thinking whether to buy htc touch or asus p320 and also can anyone quote the prices for asus p527 and samsung touchwiz f480

• Prashant

m@yur, 18 Aug 2008can we edit office documents on p320?? how good is the push e-m... moreYes, you can create as well as edit Word & Excel documents, while you can only view Powerpoint ones. The Direct Push email is pretty good and pretty customizable.

• m@yur

can we edit office documents on p320??
how good is the push e-mail service on this one??

• Prashant

arun, 17 Aug 2008hey prashant is there a way to track this phone? i just lost it!!Hi Arun, That is rather unfortunate. I don't believe you can trace the phone - your best bet would be to call up Airtel to see if they provide such a service. Another tip would be to keep calling your number at regular intervals to see if somebody found it. Hope you find it - All the Best.

• AMZ

mfk, 02 Aug 2008just bought from pc fair at KLCC. RM1180 come with 4gb, bluetoot... morewei mfk, how is your new Asus rite now? have any trouble?

• arun

hey prashant is there a way to track this phone? i just lost it!!

• Prashant

Addy, 16 Aug 2008is there anyway i can relocate all my msgs (txt and email) on my... moreThere is an option to store all your attachments on the memory card, but couldn't find a similar option for the messages, not even a registry hack.

• Addy

is there anyway i can relocate all my msgs (txt and email) on my p320 to be stored on the memory card by defauly, instead of the internal memory.

Plz help guys.

• Prashant

ct, 15 Aug 2008hi there, i want to buy this phone but i wonder if the reception... moreCT, ASUS phones do have a good reception for the most part. However, I have onky used it in and around Delhi, where the reception is pretty good anyway. You may want to try out this phone in your area before actually buying it.

• ct

hi there, i want to buy this phone but i wonder if the reception is as good as nokia. I am currently using nokia phone & find that it has the best reception compare with other brands because my home area has a very weak reception. If anyone has compared this function ?

• bwaman

all features are fine except camera 2mp i find picture quality so so as compared to my old htc s310 with 1.3 mp. is there any problem with my handset or the same with all handsets?

• arun

i was able to install the gmail app. even that downloads in wifi but doesn't download in gprs, is there a way to bypass these airtel guys? because when u talk to them u feel like talking to a bunch of jokers they have no idea whatsoever of what they are talking about!, let me know if u come accross anything that can be done about this.
thnx
take care
Arun

• Prashant

arun, 13 Aug 2008the third party virtual keyboards are not very finger friendly b... moreHi Arun, not sure what to tell you here - if Gmail works fine on your WiFi connection, then the only reason it wouldn't work over GPRS would be if your ISP (Airtel in your case) is blocking access to it. I use Airtel GPRS too (in Delhi), but don't have any such issues. Give them a call and see what they say. Were you able to install the Gmail applet?

• arun

Prashant, 13 Aug 2008Isaac, the device does not come with any finger-capable virtual ... morethe third party virtual keyboards are not very finger friendly but usable. and prashanth gmail still doesn't work, help me out here if u can?

• Prashant

Isaac, 13 Aug 2008I should have been more clear. I know it has a virtual keyboard/... moreIsaac, the device does not come with any finger-capable virtual keyboards, but you can always install many 3rd party options available for this purpose.

• S. Majumder

Bought for Rs 12K,quite impressed by it's performance(though an old SIM of Hutch,which works in basic model cell phone failed to be recognised by this set-Probably the SIM was incompatible).Currently using it with MTNL SIM and it's working fine.wi-fi is working fine,yet to try out GPS.

• Isaac

arun, 12 Aug 2008ofcourse it has a virtual keypad dude, c'monI should have been more clear. I know it has a virtual keyboard/keypad which can be used using a stylus. What i meant was whether it has a virtual keypad which can be used with the fingers instead of the stylus. Sorry for the confusion.

• arun

Prashant, 12 Aug 2008Arun, Not sure why some apps are not working on some people's ph... moreoutlook works perfectly on my wifi connection but doesn't work on my gprs, let me see what can be done will update it here soon