Asus ROG Phone 5 receives its first software update
The new build is rolling out for ROG Phone 5 bearing model code ZS673KS and has firmware version 18.0830.2101.73. It adds a new Esports Mode and ROG Akira Character theme pack to the phone and a new animation editor for ROG Vision in Armoury Crate.
Additionally, the update optimizes the phone's camera experience and system stability and brings along multiple theme packs developed in partnership with famous game publishers.
You can check out the full changelog of the update below for more details:
- Enhanced the advanced settings of system modes in Armoury Crate.
- Added animation editor for ROG Vision in Armoury Crate. Now supports share and import functions.
- Added brand new motion control gestures in AirTrigger 5.
- Added Esports Mode : A competitive mode tailored for esports competitions in the power button menu screen during gameplay.
- Added ROG Akira Character theme pack.
- Added multiple theme packs in cooperated with popular game publishers.
- Added "Upcoming alarm notification" setting in Clock - Sent out 2 hours before the scheduled alarm.
- Optimized Camera user experience.
- Optimized system stability.
- Optimized ROG Vision.
- Optimized charging stability.
This update is rolling out in batches right now, and you'll likely get it the moment you set up your unit. In case you don't, you can try downloading it manually by heading to your phone's Settings > System menu.
The Asus ROG Phone 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 888 SoC and runs Android 11 out of the box. It sports a 6.78" 144Hz FullHD+ AMOLED screen and packs a 6,000 mAh battery with 65W charging.
The smartphone comes with a total of four cameras - a 24MP selfie shooter on the top bezel with the 64MP primary camera on the back joined by a 13MP ultrawide and 5MP macro units.
You can read our detailed written review of the Asus ROG Phone 5 to learn all about it, or watch the video attached below if you are interested in its key features.
- 16 Apr 2021
There is so much misinformation in this thread. Fact 1: Yes, VoLTE/VoWIFI (names for the same thing, only different if you're phone is on Wifi or LTE/Data at the time of call), is carrier dependant, though ALL 3 carriers support it if you...
- 15 Mar 2021
Also last update? lol Asus needs to up their game.
- 15 Mar 2021
You're right, in Australia all carriers support VOLTE for free - no need for Asus to pay for licencing - all they have to do is enable it in their firmware... But of course. No - Asus refuse to support. effing useless company and as a result ...